Tamiya mini cooper

You're on Page 609 of 1980
Go to
  • Hey Tony, is "rcmini" the Twitter ID? I don't wanna click the link because my phone has a Twitter App ill follow you guys. Ill also spread the rc mini Twitter ID so you guys will get more followerz


    EDIT: I just seen the HTML pic with your ID name "rcmini"...my bad.
  • Quote: looks nice - have you tried driving that body yet?

    Its the FIAT, right?
    It is a Fiat but I didn't run it yet. I have a Civic shell on my M at the moment. There was a guy running a Fiat at the track on Friday but it didn't look to be handling the best. I may give it a run next week.
  • Quote: I think the Tamiya only beats the HPI when it comes to the "most bang for your buck".

    I'd like to see how the Cup Racer stacks up against the ABC Genetic.
    A well set up Cup racer is as fast or slightly faster. Can't speak for the HPI tires and rims cause it was using the ABC tires and rims. The guy wheeling the CR was one of our fastest local racers.
  • Quote: A well set up Cup racer is as fast or slightly faster. Can't speak for the HPI tires and rims cause it was using the ABC tires and rims. The guy wheeling the CR was one of our fastest local racers.
    Was that a box stock CR? Because its been stated before that its a P.O.S out the box on two different sites. So just rims and tires were changed?
  • This whole 'Cup Racer vs M03' debate is ludicrous anyway!

    You're trying to compare a late-model, high-tech, complex, pricey, 4WD car, with an 11 year old, old-tech, inexpensive FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car!

    The only thing the 2 cars share, is similar dimensions and amount of wheels...

    In the end, there is no comparison that makes any real sense between the two.

    If you want to compare HPI and Tamiya, compare the M03 and the Switch. Hmmm, on second thought maybe not. How about the Switch and a load of garbage instead... (p.s. I'll take the latter)
  • What about a 4WD mini, that is limited to front-wheel drive only?

    Can/should a FWD Cup Racer/Genetic/Active A210/Xpress turn better lap times than an Tamiya M-chassis?

    I had intended to get an M05 when it's released, but as a couple of non-Tamiya mini's are now running in the class at my club (1 Cup Racer, 1 Xpress), limited to FWD, would I be better off getting one of those? The M03's are still filling the A-final at the moment (mine being one of them ), but I'm seriously considering getting a Genetic or A210 if they could be made to work well in a FWD configuration...
  • Quote: What about a 4WD mini, that is limited to front-wheel drive only?

    Can/should a FWD Cup Racer/Genetic/Active A210/Xpress turn better lap times than an Tamiya M-chassis?

    I had intended to get an M05 when it's released, but as a couple of non-Tamiya mini's are now running in the class at my club (1 Cup Racer, 1 Xpress), limited to FWD, would I be better off getting one of those? The M03's are still filling the A-final at the moment (mine being one of them ), but I'm seriously considering getting a Genetic or A210 if they could be made to work well in a FWD configuration...

    No real weight over the drive wheels. I doubt that it would work ... just wheel spin. Hence why the M03's are most prob still filling the A final
  • Cannon's view is correct. The club racer had problems with straight line traction under acceleration on Friday.
  • Quote: Was that a box stock CR? Because its been stated before that its a P.O.S out the box on two different sites. So just rims and tires were changed?
    Noticed that you are from So Cal, so you may know Mickey, who was the guy wheelin the CR. The car was pretty much box stock except for the ABC tires and rims and some set up work. The rules for the race spelled out ABC tires and rims and ABC bodies. The CR was as fast and maybe a touch faster than the ABC.

    Tony, sorry, but we were comparing the ABC to The HPI in our posts. You are absolutely right, on most tracks the 4wd will walk all over the the MO3. Did not mean to irritate you, but we weren't entering that debate which seems to be mainly wishful thinking by the MO3 addicts.

    I happen to be an MO3 addict and rarely race my 4wd Mini. However, I am not out of my mind and don't race the MO3 against a 4wd. We're lucky out here as they usually run both classes, but the ABCs are much more popular here than the MO3. ABC has been very active in promoting their car and 25 entries just for the 4wd class is not unusual. At one of the local tracks, they had 40 or 50 in the ABC series. A lot of our faster drivers are running them for the "fun" of it.
  • Hmm, two points to ponder:

    1. I realize that this thread could be interpreted as being about all "M" sized cars, but it really does focus on Tamiya product. Maybe it's time that there was a thread for "all other" chassis of this size? (or is there one already?)

    2. I don't really understand the charm of the 4WD mini cars. They truly are, as Tony has stated, a slightly smaller touring car, with all of the complexity and p.i.t.a. that entails. The whole point of the Tamiya M for me is that they're dirt simple, have loads of slop, are durable, cheap to fix and just as challenging as any other class out there.

    Throw in a carbon fibre chassis, drive belts and all the other stuff and the only thing it adds is "princess" factor. Ooh, I'm going to hear about that...
  • Yeah keep it to discussions on the M03.
  • Quote:
    The whole point of the Tamiya M for me is that they're dirt simple, have loads of slop, are durable, cheap to fix and just as challenging as any other class out there.

    Throw in a carbon fibre chassis, drive belts and all the other stuff and the only thing it adds is "princess" factor. Ooh, I'm going to hear about that...
    Exactly!

    My HPI Pro4, with its pink aluminum and carbon fiber, is usually sitting on the shelf gathering dust while I play around with my M03.
    In fact, my Pro4's electronics are going into the M05 when it is released.
  • Irritated? Naah I'm cool with it all... I was just surprised that the discussion went in that direction as it didnt make any sense to me.

    The 4WD Minis are an anomaly. Every now and then they become popular for 6 months or so, and then die off as people lose interest in them. I've seen it happen time and time again.

    I certainly wouldn't be keen on starting ANOTHER thread thats for sure. We already have a dedicated Genetic thread, and Cup Racer thread, as well as an M05 thread.
    Better off leaving this one as is. Mainly M03, but also M05 and 'general discussion' too.
  • Yeah, but what about starting a thread for the TT-01 to M chassis conversion?
  • Look closer young Grashopper...

    There already is one.. HERE

    Although luckily the HPI Switch thread has disappeared into oblivion - pretty much like the car itself.

Similar Threads

Tags

m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya