R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2005, 04:48 PM   #841
Tech Regular

Smile

Thanks ApexSpeed. I checked out there website, and could not find them. I live across from Tamiya USA, and I knwo they don't have them anymore either.
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #842
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok , here are some pics of the foam tires i am using , they are not great pics though sorry . the rim is larger , but the tire is a lower profile , you could make them lower if ya wanted . I wish i had a stock cooper body to show you guys better , but mine was modded to run fullsize rubber touring car tires ( I have a stock tamiya cooper body but it is not painted yet ) . So here ya go .
The last pic is of one where the foam is hiding behind a stock S grip , soft insert .

Tamiya MO3 Mini Cooper
Tamiya Falcon
Mr.Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:50 PM   #843
Tech Adept

on another note , does anyone know of any good CANADIAN online shops to shop from ?????, besides Great hobbies

Tamiya MO3 Mini Cooper
Tamiya Falcon
Old 11-19-2005, 05:57 AM   #844
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pink
on another note , does anyone know of any good CANADIAN online shops to shop from ?????, besides Great hobbies
Check out www.muchhobby.com They are local here and I get most of my Tamiya parts here. They do online sales.
Great guys and have a racing knowledge.
Andy
StoneMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 01:26 PM   #845
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Your tires look like Jaco 24mm wide TC tires. I ran these on my Mini, purple compound on the rear plaid compound (purple inside with a narrow orange band on the outer edge) on the front. These were trued to 2.15" and you could use them until the foam was just about worn off. With the tires you have, purple and pink, I would run the purple up front and pink in the rear. The purples being a harder compound than the pinks. Since you don't have plaids watch for traction rolling.

Sadly Jaco no longer produces the 24mm wide TC tires. If you want to try standard 28mm wide TC tires on your Mini you will have to trim a couple of millimeters off of the inner edges.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:07 PM   #846
Tech Adept

thanks , I have a set of 28mm wide aswell , and they wont fit on the mini since the rim makes contact with the suspension parts .
Does anyone else make a 24mm wide foam besides Jaco ?

Tamiya MO3 Mini Cooper
Tamiya Falcon
Old 11-19-2005, 08:01 PM   #847
Tech Adept

I checked out muchhobby store , they carry a nice selection , but I was looking for Mini Cooper M03 parts , I can't seem any on that site , So does anyone have anyother sites that i could try (Canadian )

Tamiya MO3 Mini Cooper
Tamiya Falcon
Old 11-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #848
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

at socal the mini class has too be the best to watch the guys are always like bob and don
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:46 PM   #849
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr
Don't have any more detail than that. No need to restrict the M04's to a 19 tooth pinion if they're only running against each other...
Just allow the M03 chassis to run the 21t pinion. Then all is equal. Heck I don't know many times I've seen people do it, it works. just noisy for a bit till the gears work in.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #850
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

does the tamiya M-03 gear set use 48pitch or 64 pitch pinions, i need to know coz my pinion is stuffed and i have others i just dont know what size it is
Old 11-20-2005, 02:17 AM   #851
Tech Apprentice

The pitch of the tamiya mini gears is 48, but it's a metric type 48 pitch belive it or not, there is a difference, the best thing to do is to buy the tamiya gears, that way there's no hassle. Other companies have 48 pitch gears, but they don't seem to mesh just right,and consequently creates a lot of noise and friction in the end....
cementsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:31 AM   #852
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to cat007
Default pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementsurfer
The pitch of the tamiya mini gears is 48, but it's a metric type 48 pitch belive it or not, there is a difference, the best thing to do is to buy the tamiya gears, that way there's no hassle. Other companies have 48 pitch gears, but they don't seem to mesh just right,and consequently creates a lot of noise and friction in the end....

The Tamiya AV gears are 0.6 module, or 42 pitch. robinson racing makes some good pinions out of 42pitch however i dont use them cos they uses an imperial scale grub screw. would still go with Tamiya AV gears

48pitch and 42pitch will run but will cause a lot of friction until both are pretty worn or meshed in.
My car is digital & smoke free, a diversified multiple post cultural hybrid but politically & ecologically incorrect. So fast it can give u a gigabyte in a nanosecond. It interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace so its been uplinked, downloaded, imported, exported & outsourced. Runs on Air, mixed with Nitro methane & Lithium Polymer, its tribrid not hybrid so its interactive, hyperactive & once a month its radioactive. High speed, high torque, high resolution, all using low tech materials. Its wireless so its tireless & it comes with an unlimited broadband capacity at 2.4Ghz. It has ABS ATV ATL FHM RPM MIA DSM GPS FBI BBC ABC DC AC CEO CNC ICS PHD all on one LCD. It can broadcast, podcast, telecast, multicast, cablecast, simulcast all in HD. Hop up include a voice activated plug-in with regenerative capabilities that is also biodegradable. Most important it crosses the finish line.

Specification subject to change without notice.

In memory of Uncle George Carlin
cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #853
Tech Adept

yes , i hate that about robinsob gears , i bought one and then found out I don't have a hex driver to put it in with , then out came the super glue !

Tamiya MO3 Mini Cooper
Tamiya Falcon
Old 11-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #854
Tech Master

to all who have mini coopers in so calif and want to have fun we started a cooper race at socal rc raceway in huington beach calif every tues nightwe use the johnson motor and no foam tires this way it fair so it is more the driver and set up come on in and check it out
dongenserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 07:45 PM   #855
Tech Adept

I wish there were tracks and organized racing like those in So Cal , up here in vancouver canada

Tamiya MO3 Mini Cooper
Tamiya Falcon