Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default to retain pins

I use a little drop of old fasioned white glue (or RC 56). Holds for ever, until you don't want it to. Just push the pin through with a small screwdriver and the most if not all the glue comes right off with it.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you could use a hppy knife to trim the hex's a little around the edges. just so it doesn't stay in the wheel.

i run the tamiya metal hex's and there's never been a problem. there only 5 bucks too.

but the plastic ones are good. but if you hit or over tighten they will split causing the hex to rub the bearing
Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

One of the guys at HPI that I know told me it probably would not be released in the U.S. I had heard March or April from the customer service at HPI. So, I emailed him and asked about the Cup Racer and he told me it would over $200. I told him that's out of my price range and asked him about the cost of FWD mini. And, he told me it probably would not be released in the U.S. I don't know or understand why, but that's what he said. May be he's wrong.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MD
One of the guys at HPI that I know told me it probably would not be released in the U.S. I had heard March or April from the customer service at HPI. So, I emailed him and asked about the Cup Racer and he told me it would over $200. I told him that's out of my price range and asked him about the cost of FWD mini. And, he told me it probably would not be released in the U.S. I don't know or understand why, but that's what he said. May be he's wrong.
The version they were displaying was the 4wd Mini. Interesting car. And I could be wrong too. Just repeated what the HPI people with the car were saying.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Australian HPI distributors displayed the same lack of knowledge about the Switch when questioned yesterday too. They'd never heard of it.
So I think we can safely assume it isn't on their agenda either.

So...ours are coming straight from Japan - easy.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So...will there be a separate HPI Switch thread started, or will it get smooshed into this one?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Already is one Jim, but I reckon it'd be best kept in here given that the same people would be interested in both..
Old 03-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys, I have a couple questions for the mini experts. First off, what all wheels will work with the 60D tires (and that are TCS legal). I'm looking for part numbers on them as well as the part numbers for the aluminum shock kit and the sway bar kit, but I am having no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If the HPI cars take off like people seem to hope they will, I doubt their dedicated runners will want to have to come to the Tamiya mini cooper thread to talk about their HPI car.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm, given that HPI in the US (and here in Aus too) are denying any knowledge of the car at all I cant see them 'taking off' at all!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by tony gray
Already is one Jim, but I reckon it'd be best kept in here given that the same people would be interested in both..
Nah, I'm a hardcore Tamiya mini driving nut, and I'm hoping others are, too.

How dare HPI dilute our genepool with this.....thing!

Of course, none of that means that I still don't want one.

Jim
Old 03-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have soft compound HPI x-pattern tires all around my mini. i made home-made cool little tiight track. the front tires are glued but the rear seems to push out a little like a "little" drift.

i swear by these tires.

what would cure or fix this problems by adjusting the susp' any advice?

i use 3racing shocks stock black spings. about 1mm droop. its an m03r so i use the extra camber setting in the rear upright. [lower hole]

thanks for any input

P.s. tony!!! its tech racing.... that's what i use to have. i found a site that has many pics and specs of the rear end. thanks for the input tony. without the keywords "tech racing" i would've never found the rear end
Old 03-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3
i have soft compound HPI x-pattern tires all around my mini. i made home-made cool little tiight track. the front tires are glued but the rear seems to push out a little like a "little" drift.
I used these tyres before too. But they seem to wear a little too quickly for me. Esp the front!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stocker
I used these tyres before too. But they seem to wear a little too quickly for me. Esp the front!
wearing out to quickly?!?! are you kidding??!!

any advice?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

See what happens if you either soften or raise the rear suspension a little. I'd go with softer first.

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.