R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #8386
Tech Regular
 
Low_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 353
Send a message via MSN to Low_E
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek1 View Post
Low_E,

I don't think the Orion 3800 fits into the MO3 chassis. ...
You are correct, Caltek. I was mistaken, typed 3800 in stead of 3400.
The Orion 3400 Lipo is the biggest Orion Lipo that fits the M-03-chassis and is what I use.
__________________
thou shall think twice or trice before hitting thee SEND-button
Low_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #8387
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,210
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kail View Post
Thats all the story I can provide you guys.

Now, time for you guys to help me figure out something. How did my car become so bad after 1 night. It cannot track straight at all. I balanced my suspension with weighing scales and made sure they were balanced. Any possibilities you guys can help me think of? Thanks in advance.
Hey Leonard,

6th in that sort of company isn't too bad anyway. Just to be in the same race as those guys is worth the trip from Sing.

Weird problem though. Can't help thinking it might be the outdrive moving out and not sitting in the diff splines properly. It's a common problem, affects a lot of people and isn't easy to spot.
Often it happens because the Tamiya black o-rings deteriorate and break down. Thats why I always use silcone ones instead.
Or maybe your servos got a spline issue? I can't see that it's the suspension, that doesn't magically change (for the worse) overnight.

TG
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #8388
Tech Fanatic
 
Kail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 901
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
Hey Leonard,

6th in that sort of company isn't too bad anyway. Just to be in the same race as those guys is worth the trip from Sing.

Weird problem though. Can't help thinking it might be the outdrive moving out and not sitting in the diff splines properly. It's a common problem, affects a lot of people and isn't easy to spot.
Often it happens because the Tamiya black o-rings deteriorate and break down. Thats why I always use silcone ones instead.
Or maybe your servos got a spline issue? I can't see that it's the suspension, that doesn't magically change (for the worse) overnight.

TG
What I did was actually change my diff to a slightly tighter one the next morning. The car handled very badly and I changed back to my original diff. haha... Maybe that hurt the balance? I dunno.

Anyway I am using those red sponges on the outdrives. Is that the source of the problem? Servos I dun think so as the car going some weird direction happens very consistantly at 2 parts of the track. Other places it is not that bad. That is why it is so weird.
Kail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #8389
Tech Elite
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kail View Post
What I did was actually change my diff to a slightly tighter one the next morning. The car handled very badly and I changed back to my original diff. haha... Maybe that hurt the balance? I dunno.

Anyway I am using those red sponges on the outdrives. Is that the source of the problem? Servos I dun think so as the car going some weird direction happens very consistantly at 2 parts of the track. Other places it is not that bad. That is why it is so weird.
I was using the servo saver that came with the kit and had that same problem, I changed to the heavy duty one and problem solved
__________________
::Mi4::17.5::::::M03R::HW 3000kv::::::T4::7.5::::::HB Cyclone D4::5.5::

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #8390
Tech Regular
 
Low_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 353
Send a message via MSN to Low_E
Default

had similar problems this weekend on our local Tamiya-competition.
I was constantly within the three of for best drivers while qualifying.
First final (starting 3th) battle for first position ... and suddenly, last 30 seconds the car became crazy, coudn't keep in on the track.
I thought it was something as glitches but since I have a spektrum-system that was almost impossible.
I thought about quitting but the continued at slower pace and only lost three places.
After the final, I studied the car but couldn't find anything.
Second final: car drives the same way: crazy ... I just try to keep it on the track .. am lapped once by the top three drivers .. and then suddenly the car "is back". It drives as it did all morning ... and I was able to keep up the pace of the top guys easely.
Checked the car again and found nothing.
Last final: car still "back" and we battled for first position with three drivers ending all three within 0.5 second.
My car felt ace again, as it did all morning.
I still don't understand what happened.
Strange thing is that it suddenly changed during the race ... so I thought about something broken ... but could not find anything ... and then even stranger, the car "popping back in again" after about 1 minute in second final.

I'm glad I could finish my competition day with some great driving ... but it's very puzzling not to know what happened.
When acting crazy, the car sometimes steered off, and sometimes it was as it added a dot of full trottle when i was releasing the trigger in the corners. ??
SO it was on steering AND trottle that problesm occured.

About O-rings in my outdrives: I checked those and they were still fine.

I talked it through with some other drivers and they said it could have to do with the spektrum-reciever needing a spektrum-condensator.
__________________
thou shall think twice or trice before hitting thee SEND-button
Low_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #8391
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,210
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kail View Post

Anyway I am using those red sponges on the outdrives. Is that the source of the problem? Servos I dun think so as the car going some weird direction happens very consistantly at 2 parts of the track. Other places it is not that bad. That is why it is so weird.
Sponges are ok, but they also compress after a while and lose their springiness.
And what happens is that the outdrive can move slightly (sometimes at random points, but more often at specific places when the sideways load is consistent) and you lose drive momentarily to one wheel.
I'm not saying that's whats wrong with your car, but it's something I always get people to check on.

Or maybe Tim did something sneaky to your car last time he was in Sing...
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #8392
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kail View Post
What I did was actually change my diff to a slightly tighter one the next morning. The car handled very badly and I changed back to my original diff. haha... Maybe that hurt the balance? I dunno.

Anyway I am using those red sponges on the outdrives. Is that the source of the problem? Servos I dun think so as the car going some weird direction happens very consistantly at 2 parts of the track. Other places it is not that bad. That is why it is so weird.


Zikai... Time to get a new car....
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #8393
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 5,836
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky/C View Post
Can someone please give me the metric sizes of all the bearings needed for the M03 chassis, thanks
M-03/M-04 = 5x11x4 (x12) 5x8x2.5 (x2)

M-03M/M-03R = 5x10x4 (x8) 5x11x4 (x4) 5x8x2.5 (x2)

It should be noted that some newer M-03 are supplied with the wheel carriers that use the smaller size bearing like the R and the M. Your best bet is to either check the instruction manual that came with the kit, or pop the bearing out and check them.

Jim
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #8394
Tech Fanatic
 
Kail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 901
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_E View Post
had similar problems this weekend on our local Tamiya-competition.
I was constantly within the three of for best drivers while qualifying.
First final (starting 3th) battle for first position ... and suddenly, last 30 seconds the car became crazy, coudn't keep in on the track.
I thought it was something as glitches but since I have a spektrum-system that was almost impossible.
I thought about quitting but the continued at slower pace and only lost three places.
After the final, I studied the car but couldn't find anything.
Second final: car drives the same way: crazy ... I just try to keep it on the track .. am lapped once by the top three drivers .. and then suddenly the car "is back". It drives as it did all morning ... and I was able to keep up the pace of the top guys easely.
Checked the car again and found nothing.
Last final: car still "back" and we battled for first position with three drivers ending all three within 0.5 second.
My car felt ace again, as it did all morning.
I still don't understand what happened.
Strange thing is that it suddenly changed during the race ... so I thought about something broken ... but could not find anything ... and then even stranger, the car "popping back in again" after about 1 minute in second final.

I'm glad I could finish my competition day with some great driving ... but it's very puzzling not to know what happened.
When acting crazy, the car sometimes steered off, and sometimes it was as it added a dot of full trottle when i was releasing the trigger in the corners. ??
SO it was on steering AND trottle that problesm occured.

About O-rings in my outdrives: I checked those and they were still fine.

I talked it through with some other drivers and they said it could have to do with the spektrum-reciever needing a spektrum-condensator.
Oh ya! I was using Spektrum system. Maybe I should check on that too. I did not have such problem when using KO 2.4 but KO 2.4 crashed and burned at TITC due to interference by 4PK.

Thanks for the input, I will go check it out!
Kail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #8395
Tech Fanatic
 
Kail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 901
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C View Post
Zikai... Time to get a new car....
That car was a new car, I rebuilt a whole new car there.
Kail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #8396
Tech Master
 
DRAG_ON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ibanez,Cort,Yamaha
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kail View Post
That car was a new car, I rebuilt a whole new car there.
any video from mini 2wd class, and what motor they are running? sports tune? it's awesome to run 10 minutes final
__________________
Freq:29.945, car no:29, W.A.R.C.M.C.C, http://projectm-design.blogspot.com/
DRAG_ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #8397
Tech Elite
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Check the screws holding the rear arms together. We have seen that exact same problem caused by those screws coming loose or falling out entirely.
__________________
I've never lost.
I've just been a little bit behind when time ran out...

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:37 AM   #8398
Tech Fanatic
 
Kail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 901
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
Check the screws holding the rear arms together. We have seen that exact same problem caused by those screws coming loose or falling out entirely.
Gee! Maybe! I only used CA to glue them together. I will check them later!
Kail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:50 AM   #8399
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i had loads of problems with my servo saver

it would track one way then the other

stuck a modified TRF one on it

fixed

roll on the 4HRS race on sunday
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 AM   #8400
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
i had loads of problems with my servo saver

it would track one way then the other

stuck a modified TRF one on it

fixed

roll on the 4HRS race on sunday
Tamiya #54120?
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0