R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #8206
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

It doesn't appear to say so on the story according to my limited Chinese although I'm welcome to be corrected by anyone more knowledgeable on the subject.
tony gray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 AM   #8207
Tech Regular
 
Low_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 353
Send a message via MSN to Low_E
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Creations View Post
If anyone is looking for some wicked fast silver cans...I have about 6 or so for sale...drop me a PM
sorry to say this, Core Creations, but the "wicked fast" silver cans I bught from you, seem no faster then the ones I have roken in myself,... just by letting them run at low voltage for an hour or two.
I have no rpm-measuring-device but my M03 didn't run any faster (on the long straight) as other drivers. We all ran the same chassis, same motor (silver cans) same pinion), and neither did it when i plugged in a brand new motor.
Did I do or understood something wrong? I was expecting to see a difference.
__________________
thou shall think twice or trice before hitting thee SEND-button
Low_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #8208
Tech Elite
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

That's very odd. Charlie's motors are pretty robust- I've seen what they can do.

Last time I had someone tell me that a fast motor was no faster than what they had been using previously, they later discovered that they had battery issues (bad cell? bad chrager? I forget...), which meant that NO motor was going to be faster than any other when run in their car. So you might want to check that. Also take a look at the settings on your ESC to ensure that you are getting full throttle.
__________________
I've never lost.
I've just been a little bit behind when time ran out...

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #8209
Tech Regular
 
Low_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 353
Send a message via MSN to Low_E
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
That's very odd. Charlie's motors are pretty robust- I've seen what they can do.

Last time I had someone tell me that a fast motor was no faster than what they had been using previously, they later discovered that they had battery issues (bad cell? bad chrager? I forget...), which meant that NO motor was going to be faster than any other when run in their car. So you might want to check that. Also take a look at the settings on your ESC to ensure that you are getting full throttle.
good tips.
However I defenitly do not have battery-problems. But my ESC is indeed a rather dull one... butit is good enough to drive in the front. I won the Mini-class with my M03 Swift this weekend on the local Tamiya Challenge, and we all drive a Tamiya 23T ... so I should guess the ESC must be ok if it can cope with that 23T without any problems.
__________________
thou shall think twice or trice before hitting thee SEND-button
Low_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #8210
Tech Elite
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Aha. Well, maybe the right question is "is your entire electrical system passing enough amperage and voltage to take advantage of a faster motor?" Because an ESC can pass enough of both to operate a higher draw motor but still not give you all of the performance you've paid for.

You're a bright guy and it's obvious you give this stuff some thought, so...if you think of electricity like water, then the bigger the pipe the more amperage (water volume) you can pass through it. Faster motors require more amperage- without it they just won't perform any better than a low amp draw motor. If I turn my amp limiter down to 20 amps or less, the robust motors just don't pop any better than ones right out of the box. Same thing holds true on a dyno- if you use a lower amperage power supply, the numbers just aren't there. Something to think about, anyway.
__________________
I've never lost.
I've just been a little bit behind when time ran out...

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #8211
Tech Regular
 
Low_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 353
Send a message via MSN to Low_E
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
... Faster motors require more amperage- without it they just won't perform any better than a low amp draw motor. ...
mmm, but I would think that a 23T Tamiya-motor would draw much more amps then a pimped Mabushi, no?
__________________
thou shall think twice or trice before hitting thee SEND-button
Low_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #8212
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
It doesn't appear to say so on the story according to my limited Chinese although I'm welcome to be corrected by anyone more knowledgeable on the subject.
According to the chinese text... The belt is sourced by himself. Didn't say where he got it from though.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #8213
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,192
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
@Dan Haha you @#$%^&*


@Tony Gray Any ideas on the front belt for the short TA04?
you got a PM
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #8214
Tech Champion
 
Core Creations's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 5,629
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations
Default

Sorry to hear they aren't as fast as you were hoping. I believe all the motors I sold were 4 slotters which 9 times out of 10 have more rpm out of the box than the newer 2 slotters. I also believe they all fell in the 21-22k rpm at 7.2...which is a pretty good motor. Maybe not super high strung. But those are the #s on the motors I use now weekly and you can ask anyone I race with if my motors lack speed. Maybe some of docs suggestions will help. The faster motors do seem to benefit from a good speedo (which can be had very cheap nowadays). Let me know if you have any more ?s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_E View Post
sorry to say this, Core Creations, but the "wicked fast" silver cans I bught from you, seem no faster then the ones I have roken in myself,... just by letting them run at low voltage for an hour or two.
I have no rpm-measuring-device but my M03 didn't run any faster (on the long straight) as other drivers. We all ran the same chassis, same motor (silver cans) same pinion), and neither did it when i plugged in a brand new motor.
Did I do or understood something wrong? I was expecting to see a difference.
__________________
Core Creations paint thread

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #8215
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Staffs...UK
Posts: 42
Default

Does anyone know if the Tamiya (#53619) CVA Mini Shock Units (for TT01 cars) fit the M03 chassis OK?
I take it i would need to put spacers/limiters inside the shock bodies to get the desired ride height......also do they come as a complete kiy ie with shock shafts etc? I know springs are not included with the kit

I know I really need Tamiya CVA Super Mini Shock Unit Set 50746 but getting them here in the UK is difficult

Does anyone know how long each of the above shocks are (from the bottom of the shock body to the top of the shock cap)? just so I know how much difference there is between them

Cheers

Lee
4_cell_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #8216
Tech Regular
 
Low_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 353
Send a message via MSN to Low_E
Default

make those Shocks to a total length of 57mm, that should be a nice starting point.
I had some TRF shocks and had to add a 7mm-spacer. Don't know how long these TT01-shocks are, but I guess these must be the same length as the TRF-shocks
__________________
thou shall think twice or trice before hitting thee SEND-button
Low_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #8217
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Staffs...UK
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_E View Post
make those Shocks to a total length of 57mm, that should be a nice starting point.
I had some TRF shocks and had to add a 7mm-spacer. Don't know how long these TT01-shocks are, but I guess these must be the same length as the TRF-shocks
Thanks Low_E

So I take it some Tamiya TRF Special Damper (Hard Coating) #84008 would also fit the M03? just spotted of them, and they don't seem to cost much more than the normal plastic super mini shocks
Does the 7mm spacers not alter how the shock works? I suppose I could always buy some shorter shock shafts if I need to lower them further (instead of the spacers)
4_cell_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #8218
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

'New' shells from Italy from Mon-Tech Racing. Although I'd have to suggest that there's nothing actually NEW about any of them. They appear to be knock-offs of existing shells in pretty much every case...

tony gray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #8219
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_cell_racer View Post
Thanks Low_E

So I take it some Tamiya TRF Special Damper (Hard Coating) #84008 would also fit the M03? just spotted of them, and they don't seem to cost much more than the normal plastic super mini shocks
Does the 7mm spacers not alter how the shock works? I suppose I could always buy some shorter shock shafts if I need to lower them further (instead of the spacers)
Alternatively...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54000

I have a set and they are nice!
__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:36 AM   #8220
Tech Master
 
edwintklee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wonderfull place called, MALAYSIA.
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
'New' shells from Italy from Mon-Tech Racing. Although I'd have to suggest that there's nothing actually NEW about any of them. They appear to be knock-offs of existing shells in pretty much every case...

cool bodys.......
__________________
I am a Red Star, Blue Star, Fans......
edwintklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
eR1c, gigaplex
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:34 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0