R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2008, 11:05 PM   #7726
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS II View Post
Hi, what does a race ready Mini (210 wheelbase) weigh and what is the FDR with the largest pinion you normally use? Thanks, Don
First Question

http://www.rc-mini.net/MiniWeb_Onlin...nd_How_To.html

Second Question

http://www.rc-mini.net/MiniWeb_Onlin...Geek_Info.html
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:10 AM   #7727
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,204
Post Oh crap, neither have a bec.....



Ok so I've just got a Suzuki Swift only to find out that the included esc (and the one you have to use in the New Zealand mini class) does not have a bec. This would not usually be a problem but it turns out that the receiver in my new radio (MX3-G dss 2.4 ghz) doesn't have one either.

Also my new servo (an Airtronics 94758z) is supposed to be quite hungry on power and I've read a receiver pack is ideal.

Then add to that the rules only allow for 1500mah batteries and it becomes a case of.....does anyone else run a receiver battery in a M03 chassis and if so what do you use and where do you put it on/in the chassis?

Unfortunately the standard receiver pack included with the radio doesn't fit in the gap at the back.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:12 AM   #7728
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

New Zealand .. still 10 years behind everyone else .. 1500 mah batteries .. what a waste of time
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:23 AM   #7729
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

The tamiya speedy has a built in BEC - there are seperate leads, one will have 2 wires and the other will have 3. the 2 wire one provides power for the servo/transponder.

If we were only allowed 1500mah batteries I would most certainly run a receiver pack I think.

Try the flat ones they run in the MTX4 and other gas cars, they would fit in between the halves of the rear part of the chassis.

Or have them change the rules to a sane battery capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuchi540 View Post


Ok so I've just got a Suzuki Swift only to find out that the included esc (and the one you have to use in the New Zealand mini class) does not have a bec. This would not usually be a problem but it turns out that the receiver in my new radio (MX3-G dss 2.4 ghz) doesn't have one either.

Also my new servo (an Airtronics 94758z) is supposed to be quite hungry on power and I've read a receiver pack is ideal.

Then add to that the rules only allow for 1500mah batteries and it becomes a case of.....does anyone else run a receiver battery in a M03 chassis and if so what do you use and where do you put it on/in the chassis?

Unfortunately the standard receiver pack included with the radio doesn't fit in the gap at the back.
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:25 AM   #7730
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'm building a #50746 CVA super mini shock set for my mini, replacing the brittle transparent blue one that broke. The instructions at the back of the pack shows to us a 1-hole piston. However, the rc-mini site says to follow instructions and use a 2-hole piston? I'm going to use the included colourless damper oil. So 1 or 2-hole is preferred for outdoor asphalt? No difference with the different springs?
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:22 AM   #7731
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

New Honda NSX 210mm shell from Kawada... Doesn't say one way or the other but I don't reckon it'll fit an M03.

tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:35 AM   #7732
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
New Honda NSX 210mm shell from Kawada... Doesn't say one way or the other but I don't reckon it'll fit an M03.

Looks too shallow at the front. Nice shell but.

Any idea where I can buy one of those sierra's
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #7733
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Hey Guys,

Im having a few fine tuning problems with my mini and would like some advice. Running on asphalt track/netball courts. Track is pretty abrasive low traction. During practice before racing this weekend I was trying to set up on slicks all round. Once the tyres were warmed up the car has slight traction roll tendencies which id like to try and remedy. I'm running low on x patterns which work well and I don't really feel like buying a set of radials to double stuff every meet. Current set up is 35 wt oil all round, yellow springs rear, blue springs front. Running slight toe out on the front, 2' Toe in rear with Minimal ride height. When running X patterns on the the front and 32s or 36s on the rear its no problems running consistent laps except the front tyres are wearing excessively on the inside of the front left. Ive tried powers 36s all round. Spice 32s all round. A mixture of 36 front and 32 rear and vice versa with no luck. If i want to keep running x patterns i'll look at making myself a couple of those cheeky camber link adjusters I think. But im open to suggestions.


So, What to try next? Advice would be appreciated.



Also, would running one of these Zonda or 911 bodies with the rear wings make much difference to rear downforce and lap times?

Cheers Benzaah
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #7734
Tech Elite
 
portyansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,929
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Hey Guys,

Im having a few fine tuning problems with my mini and would like some advice. Running on asphalt track/netball courts. Track is pretty abrasive low traction. During practice before racing this weekend I was trying to set up on slicks all round. Once the tyres were warmed up the car has slight traction roll tendencies which id like to try and remedy. I'm running low on x patterns which work well and I don't really feel like buying a set of radials to double stuff every meet. Current set up is 35 wt oil all round, yellow springs rear, blue springs front. Running slight toe out on the front, 2' Toe in rear with Minimal ride height. When running X patterns on the the front and 32s or 36s on the rear its no problems running consistent laps except the front tyres are wearing excessively on the inside of the front left. Ive tried powers 36s all round. Spice 32s all round. A mixture of 36 front and 32 rear and vice versa with no luck. If i want to keep running x patterns i'll look at making myself a couple of those cheeky camber link adjusters I think. But im open to suggestions.


So, What to try next? Advice would be appreciated.



Also, would running one of these Zonda or 911 bodies with the rear wings make much difference to rear downforce and lap times?

Cheers Benzaah
We run a spec class here so this may not be of help, however, I have had similar problems as you have stated. I found that using super slicks in the rear and 60d radials in the front worked best. I use traction compound on the whole rear and the inside front only.
Keep in mind we are running silver can motors, 2400mah batts, and 20t pinions.
__________________
Team Tekno Canadian Team Manager
Team Hitec
portyansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #7735
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

i'd go with the spice 32's and try some thicker oil in the shocks. 50w is what i run. I had trouble traction rolling on the weekend but i ca'd the sidewalls and it fixed the problem. What weight are you running?
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #7736
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb View Post
i'd go with the spice 32's and try some thicker oil in the shocks. 50w is what i run. I had trouble traction rolling on the weekend but i ca'd the sidewalls and it fixed the problem. What weight are you running?
35 wt oil all round. Ive got some 45 here might give that a try before i go out and buy more.

As far as ca the rears. Have you got a pic of this by chance?
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 PM   #7737
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

sorry i meant the mass of the car.. I run about 1400grams but most run heavier
Will take a pic for you shortly
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #7738
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocker View Post
I'm building a #50746 CVA super mini shock set for my mini, replacing the brittle transparent blue one that broke. The instructions at the back of the pack shows to us a 1-hole piston. However, the rc-mini site says to follow instructions and use a 2-hole piston? I'm going to use the included colourless damper oil. So 1 or 2-hole is preferred for outdoor asphalt? No difference with the different springs?
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #7739
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Go the 2 hole. In the end it doesn't really make any difference...
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:00 PM   #7740
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
Go the 2 hole. In the end it doesn't really make any difference...
OK thanks! going with the 2-hole with the included transparent oil!
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0