Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 10-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Anybody interested? I am willing to deal!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86184
Old 10-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default M04M....

My M04M...

Anthony
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-dsc00595.jpg  
Old 10-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default M04M....

Another...

Anthony
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-dsc00593.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-dsc00594.jpg  
Old 10-05-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here's my MO3 MiniBulls..unfortunately I didn't win the concourse @ TCS last weekend. My congratulations to Mad Mackem..cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-pitmini.jpg  

Last edited by Edgarski; 10-05-2005 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Nice paint jobs guys.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nozauta619, where did you get that silver civic body that is sharp!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Gibsoneb,

I purchased the HPI Civic Mini Body from Towerhobbies. The wheelbase is exactly the same for the Tamiya M-04M (225mm). I wanted to try something different and I wanted this body to look clean. It's awesome to have a rear-wheel drive civic! Thanks for the compliment.

Anthony
Old 10-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default Trade

Any one want to trade this MO3L body for a MO3 body

This body came with my kit and I paid $30 for the paint job.

If there is a problem with me posting on this forum I will be happy to move this to the selling forum.

Thanks,
E
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-mini-1.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-mini-3.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-mini-4.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-mini-5.jpg  
Old 10-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie to this thread, but I just got a m03 mini cooper!! Just thought I'd share my excitement. My wife and I want to get an old 1:1 Austin Mini, but that's not happening any time soon, so it was a great excuse to pick up the m03!! I'll try to post pics soon.

Of course, I'm already thinking of hopups... What's everyone's suggestions?

So far I know I should get a set of bearings. Any suggestions on what bearing kit to get? Teflon or metal? Brand? Where to get them?

I was also looking at picking up a set of 4 oil-filled Tamiya CVA Super Mini Shocks (TAM50746). Is that a good choice, or should I pick up some other shock set to replace the stock friction set?

Again, all hopup/tuning suggestions are appreciated! And suggestions on a good website to get parts and hopups for these m03's would be great, too. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default INFO

This is always a good web site to start with.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...?article-id=12

Regards,
E
Old 10-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Seattle, stop in at Seattle Indoor Raceway.
Our mini class is growing. We have many of the hop ups for the car. There are 2 national mini champions that race there. And they can help you with set up and tunning.
What kit did you get?
Are you going to be racing it or is it a toy?
I would suggest the Teflon sealled bearings. Tamiya has good ones I know there are others too.
The shocks you have listed are a great starting point. The other option is any of the Tamiya aluminum threaded body shocks.
Toe in rear uprights are run on most of the cars.
The other hop up I feel is critical, is the aluminum front knuckles. on the M03 the plastic ones seem to bend pretty easy.
the other must is good tires. I run a TCS rules car, so I have only used the Tamiya tires. the Type A tire works well.
as for other hop ups. a spring set is a must. Older tuned spring set should work i think it is a 53334
there are sway bars, carbon gear shafts, aluminum king pins, Stainless suspension shafts, universal drive shafts, heat sink, titanium screws, titanium turnbuckles, a ball diff. all these in no particular order of importance.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the website, red-lineM03. I'll be sure to check it out!

Tamiyarcracer: I'll definitely be stopping in at SIR now that I have an onroad car! Thanks for the invite! It may be a month or so before I have a chance to head down that way, but I'll be showing my face there as soon as I have the time. And I like to support the local hobby shops, too, so when I have needs for my mini, I'll do my best to give SIR some business.

I got the 58211 mini. What other M03 kit versions are out there other than the 58211 and the RTR version?

I'll mainly just be playing around with it in parking lots and getting my wife more comfortable with driving RC cars, but I'd love to get into racing it...it's just a matter of having the time.

And thanks for the hopup suggestions. Do you have part numbers handy for the ones you suggested? (bearings, aluminum threaded shocks, toe-in rear uprights, aluminum front knuckles) I did a search on eBay and found a variety of stuff (Tamiya brand, GPM, and others), but being that I'm not at all familiar with these M03's or Tamiya cars in general, I don't really know what's compatible or what's preferable.

And I hear that getting the Manta Ray ball diff is a great idea. What do you think?

Thanks again for all your help!!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

guys can mo4 do a sweet drift like Intial D???
Old 10-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Whats up.
I just got a M-03L last week at HobbyTown USA in Frederick, MD. I was there to buy a gas car. But after seeing to mini's on that great track they have there I was hooked. So I got the mini to race on the weekends at the track. the stock kit is not that bad. after the kit tire got up to temp on the smooth asphalt it was turning in realy nice. After a sat. on the track my tire are like slicks. the car is bone stock kit out of the box. this is a nice thread on the mini. alot of great info.

Is there anybody else here that is close to frederick, MD that race at HTUSA?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *mini*racer*
Whats up.
I just got a M-03L last week at HobbyTown USA in Frederick, MD. I was there to buy a gas car. But after seeing to mini's on that great track they have there I was hooked. So I got the mini to race on the weekends at the track. the stock kit is not that bad. after the kit tire got up to temp on the smooth asphalt it was turning in realy nice. After a sat. on the track my tire are like slicks. the car is bone stock kit out of the box. this is a nice thread on the mini. alot of great info.

Is there anybody else here that is close to frederick, MD that race at HTUSA?
Yes, I am one of the people who race mini's at The C, look under the race info forum in there for the HTUSA Fred thread..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.