R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #7621
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 5,837
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone here have the 3Racing heatsink for their car?

The reason I ask is that it comes with a blue aluminum part that looks like a motor plate, but it's a little oddly designed.

Anyone know what that blue plate is, what it does, where it fits, etc?
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #7622
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Does anyone here have the 3Racing heatsink for their car?

The reason I ask is that it comes with a blue aluminum part that looks like a motor plate, but it's a little oddly designed.

Anyone know what that blue plate is, what it does, where it fits, etc?
I beleive it fits to the place where you have the little window to see the pinion mesh, where the different motor mount/pinion holes are

is this it?


Last edited by Ashley Cobb; 11-08-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: 3rd time lucky
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #7623
Tech Adept
 
I12PonU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 108
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

That heatsink actually looks like it'll work better than the tamiya one.
I12PonU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #7624
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

I have one of these fitted. It actually works better than the Tamiya one, as it is mounted by two seperate screws with an aluminium conduit to the external heatsink. Plus you also use the motor screws as well.

monkeyracing,

The blue plate fits internally in the motor cavity and takes the place of the cardboard heat gasket. The blue plate screws to the external heatsink. You use the holes you are not using for motor fitment. ie if you use the 20 tooth pinion then use the 16 or 18 holes for the heatsink screws. Hope that helps.

Though by the Mini rules not legal to use. So I will have to remove before Nationals.

Later

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 11-08-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: xtra txt
caltek1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #7625
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Hey guys im after some tuning advice again. Coming flat out through the middle esses going from hard left to hard right, im finding that the car lifts off the rear slightly and then gets a bit tail happy when it comes back down. My car is at 1400grams now, would adding 50 or 100 grams in the back bumper help this much? or should i be looking at lengthening my shockers to get more droop? or stiffening up the front suspension to create less transfer? I'm running trf m chassis shocks with 35wt front blue springs and 45 wt rear with yellow springs. With 32 spice up front and 36 powers on the rear. I'm about a second and a half of the pace but feel this issue is costing me the most.
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #7626
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Hey guys im after some tuning advice again. Coming flat out through the middle esses going from hard left to hard right, im finding that the car lifts off the rear slightly and then gets a bit tail happy when it comes back down. My car is at 1400grams now, would adding 50 or 100 grams in the back bumper help this much? or should i be looking at lengthening my shockers to get more droop? or stiffening up the front suspension to create less transfer? I'm running trf m chassis shocks with 35wt front blue springs and 45 wt rear with yellow springs. With 32 spice up front and 36 powers on the rear. I'm about a second and a half of the pace but feel this issue is costing me the most.
have you got spacers under the shock pistons?
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #7627
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,210
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

It's a weird tyre combo for a start...

General consensus is the SOFTER tyres go on the rear. So what you're experiencing could well be the rear letting go.
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #7628
Tech Elite
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwintklee View Post
errm...i got the theory, spread weight have lower Cg...like M03R, the alu rear upright help with the Cg of the car.....cos i have race with a lighter M03R which would NOT traction roll at corners..even sharp 1..

now i just need to reduce the weight to make if faster...


fyi, i an running foam tyre on asphalt. the foam its about 2 mm thick.

please correct me if i am wrong.

just my 2 cents..... peace


If you want to stop rolling i found that a heavy front bumper does the trick best mine is 80 grams


and if you are still strugling turn your radio down
__________________
::Mi4::17.5::::::M03R::HW 3000kv::::::T4::7.5::::::HB Cyclone D4::5.5::

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:17 AM   #7629
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb View Post
have you got spacers under the shock pistons?
Ive just pulled apart the shocks and the front shocks have spacers but the rears do not. There are also some spongy type things under the rubber bladder that sits on top of the shock. When pulling the rear end apart it seems like the rear left arm was binding and the suspension arm wouldnt fall naturally. Possibly part of my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
It's a weird tyre combo for a start...

General consensus is the SOFTER tyres go on the rear. So what you're experiencing could well be the rear letting go.
Its what was suggested by one of the faster guys and I guess he was leading me down the wrong path...
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:51 AM   #7630
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
As far as we're concerned, yes. But orange ones look cooler......
Thought the orange ones do not quite match my white and blue mini cooper, so I got the white ones! On initial run on a public road, the rear seems a little loose, steering became very response and sensitive! turned down my radio ARC and D/R and put another thin spacer on the rear shocks (using hard springs in frt and soft at rear)and the car seems to be handling very well now! Can't wait to try it out on the track soon!

p.s. just curious does anyone know which 1:1 tyre the X-tyres are modeled after?
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:21 AM   #7631
Tech Apprentice
 
P956LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 57
Default

Yokohama Advan 032R.
__________________
TL-01, TB-02R, RS4 Pro 3, TA05R, Desert Truck.
P956LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #7632
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 5,837
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek1 View Post
I have one of these fitted. It actually works better than the Tamiya one.................
Thanks for the info, Cal. I did some searching last night, and on about the 1 millionth page, I found a description of this thing. Not as concise and detailed as yours, but I sort of got the idea.

I assume that you're running TCS rules?

Thanks also to Ashley for the diagram. I wondered how it was this thing was assembled. Looks a little complicated, doesn't it?

Jim
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #7633
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Thanks for the info, Cal. I did some searching last night, and on about the 1 millionth page, I found a description of this thing. Not as concise and detailed as yours, but I sort of got the idea.

I assume that you're running TCS rules?

Thanks also to Ashley for the diagram. I wondered how it was this thing was assembled. Looks a little complicated, doesn't it?

Jim
n/p mate
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #7634
Tech Elite
 
SerpentCT4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,847
Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S
Default

I just picked up a Tamiya Mini Cooper from a friend at work, kit #58211. It is new in the box. The box was opened and didnt have the instructions but I just downloaded it and I am printing it out now.

What are some nice upgrades for this car?

Last edited by SerpentCT4S; 11-09-2008 at 05:07 PM.
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #7635
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,189
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

http://www.rc-mini.net/MiniWeb_Online/Main.html
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0