R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #6976
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

novak gtb is 4-6 cell or 2c lipo.

4 cell is used for 3.5 with 1:12 scale or 5 cell tc.

its no problem.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #6977
MD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Someone has probably mentioned this already, but I'll ask any way. Has anyone run the 3racing tires for the M chassis? If so, what was your experience? What's the best tire for the parking lot?
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #6978
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I thought this thread may be of interest to those who frequent this thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=1#post4677067
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #6979
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Guys, im posting this for a friend in Chile, southamerica, in my country its very hard to find tires for mini cooper class, do you have any information of non tamiya alternative racing tires and rims and where, online, to buy them ?

thanks a lot !!

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #6980
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
Someone has probably mentioned this already, but I'll ask any way. Has anyone run the 3racing tires for the M chassis? If so, what was your experience? What's the best tire for the parking lot?
There is no particular best tire -- it all depends on your particular track conditions. Lately I've been running the 3racing tires and like them, mostly because they're super cheap.

Really though, the 3racing tires have been good for me. I race on smooth asphalt treated with grape soda, so it's pretty grippy. Tamiya Type A 60D slicks cause me to traction roll. The 3racing tires are a bit grippier than the kit box treads, which actually work pretty well on our track, and are a heck of a lot cheaper. I definitely think they'd be worth a try on a parking lot track.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #6981
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Questions??

Do you guys feel a difference in speed with a stuffed D60 type-A tire? i tried today with double inserts and a set with just foam inserts... i don't feel the difference in top speed. too bad i didn't have a timer to count lap time...

the type-A is belted, no matter how much inserts i stuff inside, i don't see a major increase in diameter. what do u guys think?
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #6982
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

over gear,

When you double stuff the tyre you are actually making the tyre firmer and preventing the tyre from tucking under. With just the single foam the tyre rolls in the corners and then you will see the outer side wall has a round edge on the tyre. The double stuffing makes the side wall of the tyre more rigid and prevents some tyre flexing.

With the double stuffing it makes the tyre firmer and assists with preventing the tyre from distorting.

I know that when I was using 60D Type A's, I always ran them with a touring car insert and a Mini foam insert. The double stuffing was only used on the front tyres. Run your hardest tyre at the front and softest on the rear.

Due to the poor wear characteristics and the marginal performance gains of the Type A's, I no longer use them on asphelt/bitumen or concrete tracks.

My thoughts.

Later

Calvin.
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:43 AM   #6983
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATC3 View Post
novak gtb is 4-6 cell or 2c lipo.

4 cell is used for 3.5 with 1:12 scale or 5 cell tc.

its no problem.
Well, the one I've been offered is the one that actually says "4 cell" on it, which is the basis for my concern. I found the instructions for it, and they mention to not use more the 7.2v, rather than the 7.4 I thought it could handle. Considering my stick packs will easily peak into the high 8 low 9 range, it's a bit questionable.

One thing I know for sure is that the XRS can fit inside the chassis, and I do find that appealing.

I'll give it another day, and a little more advice before I make up my mind. I'm going mini racing tonight, so that'll be a good source, too.

Thanks guys!
Jim
Old 07-27-2008, 07:14 AM   #6984
MD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Tabushi - Ebay would be a source of tires, 3racing's web site, Tower Hpbbies ships all over the world. I am sure there are a lot of Asian based web sites. Find the stock number of the tire you want and Google it.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #6985
Tech Fanatic

ohhh my bad. i had no clue novak came out with a new edition. even if that esc isn't new to them i thought there was only one type gtb.

well man its pretty straight up answer now. you can't fit 4cells in the mini only iof you make your own pack.

its a pretty clear choice. novak had proven its self for many years and you wouldn't be going wrong. and its pretty small so it could fit anywhere you want.

but that esc has all the power you need and wayyy more for mini racing
Old 07-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #6986
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Really though, the 3racing tires have been good for me. I race on smooth asphalt treated with grape soda, so it's pretty grippy. Tamiya Type A 60D slicks cause me to traction roll. The 3racing tires are a bit grippier than the kit box treads, which actually work pretty well on our track, and are a heck of a lot cheaper. I definitely think they'd be worth a try on a parking lot track.
You may be right. I struggled all day trying to find a good balance and still have some steering. Got fairly good for the main, but the track got a little slick. Race your Mini next time instead of just in practice
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:15 AM   #6987
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Guys, im posting this for a friend in Chile, southamerica, in my country its very hard to find tires for mini cooper class, do you have any information of non tamiya alternative racing tires and rims and where, online, to buy them ?

thanks a lot !!
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-mch...?cPath=35_1086

here try this, but i dunno if there is other cheaper type...
Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #6988
Tech Adept

Default ------ SETUP SHEET ----

Hi guys I've designed a setup sheet for minis and I'd like to spread it alla around Laughing Laughing send me a PM with your e mail and it will go straight there...... Or if you know how I can upload it to a server or something so u can dwload it easy, pls tell me...

By Juan Sebastian Oviedo Suarez or Juanchoyo
C'ya

"Mas que un hobby, un estilo de vida. Algo que corre en los circuitos de mis venas"
.....ChOoJuAaAnNnn, Sebastian, Juancho... como quieran XD.... o Sebastian Oviedooo...
Juanchoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #6989
Tech Adept

NEWS!!!! Now you can dwload it follow the link...........

http://rapidshare.com/files/13371723...do_S..pdf.html

See ya guys...
Hope to get feedback..... IT'S THE LAST VERSION AND IT IS EXCELLENT NOW AS I WANTED, IT DID NOT CHANGE WHEN CONVERTING TO PDF...... ENJOY HEHEHE

"Mas que un hobby, un estilo de vida. Algo que corre en los circuitos de mis venas"
.....ChOoJuAaAnNnn, Sebastian, Juancho... como quieran XD.... o Sebastian Oviedooo...

Last edited by Juanchoyo; 07-30-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Change in the download link
Juanchoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #6990
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Update on the Novak GTB 4 Cell thing

I talked to a few people today, and also contacted Novak's tech line. In general, the opinion is that it will be fine to run this ESC with 6 cells, as the loads isn't that much. Novak said that officially, the answer is no, but they know racers who have been doing this for some time with no issues. So, that's pretty cool. Just don't expect warranty coverage.

About those Yeah Racing or 3Racing tires... what have they put in them for foams? Something fairly firm? Medium? Soft as marshmallows? I'm looking for a reasonably grippy, firm tire for racing on carpet. Having them pre-mounted is just a huge bonus. Opinions?

Jim