R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #6901
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
you guys wanna good cooper race. look no further than last wk's TCS barn-burner!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8uYfE7_fmtQ

R
White car handled its business.The other car at the end ran a sloppy race and choked at the end trying to setup the white Cooper.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #6902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ray's actually a very good driver- you'll get a taste at this year's Nats- but no question that it was a last lap desperation pass. Ray had amazing top end and if he had been just a inch wider off that inside board, it would have been a finish that people would have talked about for years.

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #6903
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Does the new orion 3400 lipo fit in the mini m03-r
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #6904
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
White car handled its business.The other car at the end ran a sloppy race and choked at the end trying to setup the white Cooper.
Geez...you call that a sloppy race?!?!? That was a pace that very few could duplicate on an empty track, let alone under A-main conditions. The move at the end was an all-or-nothing banzai move! It ended up on the "nothing" end this time but I bet it's been "all" more than a few times before. It would have been cool to see who would have crossed the line first though -- whoever had their transponder mounted further forward!

Were those silver cans??? Yours, doc?
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #6905
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Just an opinion and observation.I am sure he's fast.Just looked like the white cooper was in control of the situation even when he was not leading.If your not smooth the whole race with a mini,your done at that level.I am positive you already know that.Look forward to racing him @ Nats.Sup Doc!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #6906

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

doc, it IS a finish they'll talk about for a long time. ray just had more 'can' than any1. couldnt pull the days of thunder riff at the end.

idk if he ran nimh, but it is an advantage to be able to hit them with 10A or so unlike a lipo where u gotta charge it to its specification.

yeh we can say the white car and its driver can handle their biz. sadly he wont be at nats, its merely for fun IIRC.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:14 PM   #6907
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Reen, Ray TQ'd with one of my motors but chose to run one of his own in the Main. Robbie- the white car- was running Red Dot Power. Speaking of which...

Don't know if any of the Connecticut racers check in here, but anyone who wants a Red Dot motor for the August TCS event up at RC Madness needs to shoot me an e-mail at rccardr@cox.net. I won't be at the race, so contact me now to ensure that your motor will get to you in time.

At last week's Glen Burnie event, Red Dots TQ'd and won Mini & there were six Red Dot powered cars in the A Main. We were also second qualifer in GT3 and had several cars in that A Main, plus TQ and a 1-2 finish in F103GT. Greg Kloten from up there can tell you how fast they are.

If you're interested, just let me know.

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:05 AM   #6908

yeh which means that the cans are turds on lipo vs a 'hot stick' loaded with 10A or so b/c he had nothin on the straight compared to a couple of u. boy that car needed a ton of lead.

the rest of you, sadly there is no footage of the Bmain mini. looking at doc's creations....you would have thought lookin at both races that the Bs were running cans and the A were running a Handout 24deg motor. that different.
Bmain guys struggles to hit 15.9 while the top of the A were tradin low to mid 14sec laps!

R
Old 07-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #6909
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

hi m chasis mentor/masters,

i need some help, well you see i sort quit r/c racing due to dying nimh cells on touring cars, but recently, i discover a whole new world in R/C, something i look at it as a toy before, and now i tested it, it really give great fun, you guess , My M chasis mini rover. thannk to a friend who show me the website rc-mini.net,
which show me how to enjoy R/c with minimal cost,

well start with my question,

1) what the best rubber tyre(long lasting but still able drive agressively on tarmac)?
, i heard the hpi x pattern was the best, but its a bit on the pricy site, my local dirvers use 1/10 foam tyres, cheap but to me i feel it looks ugly on a mini. so i prefer to race them with my stock tamiya rubber with out insert...and maintain mini looking tire size,

2) i recently also moved to lipo, my 1st lipo packs its yeah racing 3200, i have install novak 2 cell smart stop, before running i use a lipo voltage checker to check the lipo voltage, than i tried to run until the lipo smart kick in, but i was terified to find that the voltage on the lipo its 0.0v, i hurried home to and charge my yeah racing lipo, after 5 min charge, the voltage came back to normal. so i dare not ran until the smart stop kick in again, any idea what happen to the lipo cells to show 0.0v? i read somewhere that yeah racing lipo have build in smart stop to prevent overdischarging? is it true? what the best way to get the full out of my lipo?

that all for now, hope to read more here soon......thanks....
Old 07-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #6910
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

most mini racers use nimh stick packs so i think for the best advice you'll need to go to a lithium polymer thread.

what's wrong with minh? they last forever man
Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #6911

no, there are no cutoffs inside the battery. some speedos have cutoffs built into them, and others run a 3rd party deviced thru their speedo. however i wouldnt trust them anyway.

u could tryin 'bumping' ur lipo back up to 6v in a nimh charge mode, or a slow charge mode just to get it to 6v. then charge it in a lipo sack or ammo box to see if it recovers. perhaps ur charger thinks its 0v when in fact its just below 6v and ur charger doesnt recognize it. just guesses. hope somethin helps.

i make no claim to know any truth about lipos, so any suggestions made here are simply an opinion, not fact, thus i do not guarantee any of these ideas. your mileage may vary, results not typical. please consult your lipo doctor as these statement may be yield certain health risks to your battery.

R
Old 07-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #6912
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwintklee View Post
hi m chasis mentor/masters,

2) i recently also moved to lipo, my 1st lipo packs its yeah racing 3200, i have install novak 2 cell smart stop, before running i use a lipo voltage checker to check the lipo voltage, than i tried to run until the lipo smart kick in, but i was terified to find that the voltage on the lipo its 0.0v, i hurried home to and charge my yeah racing lipo, after 5 min charge, the voltage came back to normal. so i dare not ran until the smart stop kick in again, any idea what happen to the lipo cells to show 0.0v? i read somewhere that yeah racing lipo have build in smart stop to prevent overdischarging? is it true? what the best way to get the full out of my lipo?
How did you measure your battery, which voltage checked is that? Am I correct to say, your car was still moving just before the smart stop kicked in, then you measured the battery?
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #6913
Tech Adept

Then why are you wasting people's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
i make no claim to know any truth about lipos, so any suggestions made here are simply an opinion, not fact, thus i do not guarantee any of these ideas. your mileage may vary, results not typical. please consult your lipo doctor as these statement may be yield certain health risks to your battery.

R
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #6914
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

its not fact because he's not all sure about the theary. its not wasting peoples time to give them indeas to ponder about. it seem pretty true about everything he said. almost like it was all a fact.

what's up to the mini owners? has anyone bought those abc bodies? pretty dope but are they weak structure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomo View Post
Then why are you wasting people's time.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:58 PM   #6915
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Our mini race in norcal was no boring event either, unfortunatley the top 4 guys were not running red dots but there were 4 in the A main just not at the top. Our mini A main was quite eventfull with horsepower drags down the 140 foot straight especially when I lacked the rpm but had them covered in the infield I wish it was caught on film it was really good.