Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Latest update on the Team Powers tires everyone...

Currently on a plane somewhere (let's all pray it doesn't get hijacked) and if the local Customs Dept are feeling in a good mood, they should be available this Thursday or Friday.

Contact Harris RC directly if you want to reserve some. Word is the demand is already quite high, and I haven't even ordered mine yet!

[email protected]
will get your order straight through to the boss man (and no it's not me, just the same first name!)
Old 05-27-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default MO-3 Gearing options

Hello All,
New to minis but some expeience with touring cars. Just finishing a MO-3R kit and picked up some RP-36 & 40s. Looks like a much smaller diameter than Tamiya 60s. I don't plan to run TCS so I don't have to stick with the big T parts. Worried about giving away some straightaway speed with the small tires. What about the Tobee gears available at RCMART? Can anyone help.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Stick to your little tyres.... the tiny bit you might lose in top end will be more than made up with the extra corner speed and acceleration you get from the smaller tyres.
The Tobee gears? Not great, I wouldn't recommmend them
Old 05-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any idea who will be bringing in these Powers Mini tires to the US?
Old 05-28-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

No-one at the moment, all shipments are currently spoken for and are heading down under I believe.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
No-one at the moment, all shipments are currently spoken for and are heading down under I believe.
Well isn't that just GREAT!

I think the U.S. is a smaller market for Mini tires because it seems most tracks follow TCS rules.

But hopefully someone in the states will be bringing them in? Or atleast someone on ebay
Old 05-28-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

I think its just that there are limited quantities available at the moment, they've only just begun production of these apparently and I don't think they anticipated the demand!

Sure we all knew there'd be a big demand - but obviously they didn't!

Harris's first shipment is pretty much sold already, but there are more coming. Even I didn't get any out of the first shipment!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Tony Sweet conversion with the SS Ferrari You guys ever thought about selling stuff from your site?

Well if most US tracks follow TCS spec rules.....why ain't we running those fancy smancy super dangerous highly explosive lithiums yet................ I guess i'm just joking, but I am still finding myself needing to pick-up those heavy, pesky 6 cell stick packs to run in my Mini I'd be all set if we could follow that part of the TCS rules But I guess if I want to race Mini, i'm going to need to pick up a stick pack in my M04.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the praise on the SS conversion. It was Tim that did all the hard work on that one, and a great job he did too. I didn't even know he was doing it until it was already a done deal.

As for selling stuff from the site, well we've been asked that before and the reason we don't is simple. If we did, then the integrity of our reviews might be seen to then be questionable.
i.e. If we reviewed something and then started selling it, people could well question our motives.

So, by not doing so, we can remain totally unbiased on anything we review. Well that's how I look at it anyway.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

i agree with your reason on the shop
can you tell us where to get cheep parts in Australia
Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Big-Kid
Thanks Tony Sweet conversion with the SS Ferrari You guys ever thought about selling stuff from your site?

Well if most US tracks follow TCS spec rules.....why ain't we running those fancy smancy super dangerous highly explosive lithiums yet................ I guess i'm just joking, but I am still finding myself needing to pick-up those heavy, pesky 6 cell stick packs to run in my Mini I'd be all set if we could follow that part of the TCS rules But I guess if I want to race Mini, i'm going to need to pick up a stick pack in my M04.
We don't run LiPo at our track because the shop's insurance will not let us. Many tracks on the mainland are running LiPo now.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:28 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Parts in Oz, try http://www.harrisrc.com.au Tony mentioned he had quite a few spares in when i was chatting to him on Monday night

Last edited by NT; 05-28-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

hey do any of you guys know where I can get a Subaru 360 body for my mini, besides ebay?
Old 05-28-2008, 05:56 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

www.rcmart.com
or
www.rcmarket.com.hk

I've seen them listed on both at various times.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

I just did a quick check of 'the usual suspects' and NO-ONE has any. Like most Chevron bodies they're often quite hard to get hold of.

Chevron is just a one-man operation and any supplies get snapped up very quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.