R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #6316
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Yeah, a few of us use them up here in Canada, though they're not allowed in the US TCS. They're used mainly for outdoors where braking isn't necessary and there's more gradual turning, though it's sometimes used indoors as well.

All the free turning provided by a loose gear diff, but no wheelspin if a wheel lifts like a tightened diff.. the car just rockets out of the corners.

It does take some decent driving skills and timed turning to use it as there's no braking and one late turn can mess you up, but mastering it can get you much better laptimes.

It can be tricky getting gridded up in a main, though, especially on asphalt that is on a slight grade downhill..
Old 03-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #6317
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
Yeah, a few of us use them up here in Canada, though they're not allowed in the US TCS. They're used mainly for outdoors where braking isn't necessary and there's more gradual turning, though it's sometimes used indoors as well.

All the free turning provided by a loose gear diff, but no wheelspin if a wheel lifts like a tightened diff.. the car just rockets out of the corners.

It does take some decent driving skills and timed turning to use it as there's no braking and one late turn can mess you up, but mastering it can get you much better laptimes.

It can be tricky getting gridded up in a main, though, especially on asphalt that is on a slight grade downhill..
Ya ya, that's why, SPEED. LOL LOL
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #6318
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post

Yeah. Right. You should walk your butt down here to Massachsetts and even beg to duel with me and my cousin's BMW M0-3Ls. You know, the silly thing, is that one has a 14T dbl AE V10 motor, and the other has a Trinity P2K (new mod), and they r both on POINT. They r sure 2 both smoke u in the parking lot - via figure eight "susciede pass-by" racing.

But, as u know. as a kanuk, after April showers, game ON! Get your butt down here and be a dirt magnet like the rest of us!!!! Get off that NANCY CARPET LOL
dragnse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #6319
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz View Post
There is no real mystique to the mini cooper.
Except the fact that it's TAMIYA and they're all DIRT MAGNETS
Old 03-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #6320
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek1 View Post
This post deals with only those that run the Exige BL system in their Mini.

No. I quite BEG TO DIFFER.

Really, I do.

ANYONE w/ a TAMIYA M0-3L should join this discussion, including non (Exige BL) systems. This is, after all, a Tamiya Mini Cooper thread . . .
Old 03-12-2008, 05:50 AM   #6321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
You should walk your butt down here to Massachsetts and even beg to duel with me and my cousin's BMW M0-3Ls
So does that mean we're going to see you guys at RC Madness for the TCS event in August?

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #6322
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
So does that mean we're going to see you guys at RC Madness for the TCS event in August?

Hell yeah! Nice! Does the Enfield place have a set of rules for th minis, so that we don't show up short-handed for the specs on our cars?

Thanks - thats wicked awesome! You've made my day!!!! Me and my cuzz will definitely be there!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #6323
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Question M03R

I just purchased M03R aluminum front uprights, figuring they would work on my M03L. They are not a direct replacement. Apparently they have a unique kingpin system. Does anyone know where I can find the hardware to install these uprights on my chassis?

Thanks for your time.
cbs440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #6324
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs440 View Post
I just purchased M03R aluminum front uprights, figuring they would work on my M03L. They are not a direct replacement. Apparently they have a unique kingpin system. Does anyone know where I can find the hardware to install these uprights on my chassis?

Thanks for your time.
I ordered some 3Racing aluminum lower arms for both the front & back. From the looks of it, they look like they fit the same way an AE's hinge pins do; via a pin w/ two grooves at the end for a C-clip @ ea end. That's what I'm getting, and I also saw @ TamiyaUSA that they have an official hop-up part for that very purpose. Don't ask me for the part # tho - goto TamiyaUSA yourself and look up hop-ups for M03s.

Hope this helps u out
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
Old 03-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #6325
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And the correct answer is..

You need the F parts set (front suspension) 51238
and the TA04 Kingpins 50882

It's only the C hub that's different, the upper link and lower wishbone are still the same.
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #6326
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs440 View Post

It's only the C hub that's different, the upper link and lower wishbone are still the same.
Opps - I was thinking of something else obviously - DOH! THX for the correction
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #6327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

H
Quote:
ell yeah! Nice! Does the Enfield place have a set of rules for the minis, so that we don't show up short-handed for the specs on our cars?
Don't know about their regular racing schedule since I live in Virginia and have never raced at Madness, but for the TCS race they have to follow the standard TCS rules. You can find them on the Tamiya USA site. Looking forward to racing with you in August.

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #6328
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post

Thanks for the info Tony, I really appreciate it...ordering today!
cbs440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #6329
Suspended

Hey - I got the M03 series stabilizer set/ kit (part no. 53343). It came w/ instructions, but nothing in English as to which set of bars (black and silver) were a particular weight.

I called Tamiya in Japan, and they said that the silver set is the lighter one of the two.

Just some info peepz
Old 03-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #6330
Suspended

Blew my steering servo. Hence the "dont evah buy an AE radio" thread. I got a deal on the system, but the AE STD servo looked kinda "micro" from the getgo, but yet I installed it for my 1st run anyway. Hell, it's from AE, so it must be tough like their kits, right? NOT!!! . . . More follows -

I'll say what I said in the other post - AE is wicked awesome for their kits, but they must be outsourcing their electronics - the servo died after three curb bumbs and no rain but some small puddles - hey something other electric radio systems laugh at!

I was a little upset to say the least. Now I know to only buy their kits, and not their electric parts (minus LRP products).

The system I got is a 3ch FM dig XP3D. Got a deal w/ a brand new standard servo # S1903.

I'm better off w/ a Futaba digital servo, HT BB # S3050. Ordered and done and coming to my mailbox real soon.