Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 01-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Does Tamiya make a set of threaded shocks for the MO3-R?......... If so, does anyone have the Tamiya part #.

Thanks Guys!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My diff was as tight as I could make it. I forgot to mention that we race on asphalt
Old 01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

^ That's exactly why I dont like using a ball diff on asphault in a M03. Gear diff works better for me outside. I keep two gear diffs on hand, one with ceramic grease & one with AW grease, depending on how much grip is available & which tires are going to be used.

What type of grease did you put inside the diff? Also, you mentioned replacing the tires with the same type you had, so are you still using stock kit tires?

Originally Posted by swiftm03
HI new guy here whats with the sloppy shock tower fit to chassis with my new m03R kit? am I just lame? they are just really loose at there mounting points top and bottom. any tips?
Are you referring to the fitment of the shock ends on the ball connectors? ..or do you mean the way the ball connector itself is threaded into the shock towers & suspension arms?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Now I have no steering. The only thing I can think of is the servo is in a different part of the mounting bracket. I did not remove the servo saver or change anything to do with the linkage.
A picture might help. I doubt it's the diff or the outdrives. Are you sure you are still getting full travel on the servo saver after moving the servo?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

MINI FIRE UPDATE: CONCLUSION

As some of you may recall on page 199 of this thread, my Mini met an untimely death due to fire.

Well, thanks to a new Swift kit & new radio gear I am back up and running!

Here are some pics:

The only parts I used from the old car were the shocks, steering linkage, and the bearings. Everything else had to go.

Plus, I finally figured out that the little piece of plastic on the chassis parts tree is for mounting the ESC switch to the car!

"The White Rat" has returned better than ever from the depths of its firey hell it encountered over the weekend!

Last edited by ScionBox; 01-23-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default M03M SWIFT w/ LI-PO

First off, I'd like to apologize because I know this isn't a Li-po page but, I just had to ask the Tamiya M03 "Mini Pro's."

Recently, I placed a Orion 3200 Li-po battery on my M03M Swift. I noticed so much roll - it was some what uncontrollable in the turns. Therefore, I was thinking about placing lead weight stripping on the Orion 3200 battery (top-side). Does anyone has any suggestions? Should I place the lead weight on the battery or on the front and rear bumpers? I was thinking about placing about 100 to 120 grams of lead weighting on.

Please help anyone.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ScionBox
MINI FIRE UPDATE: CONCLUSION

As some of you may recall on page 199 of this thread, my Mini met an untimely death due to fire.

Well, thanks to a new Swift kit & new radio gear I am back up and running!

Here are some pics:

The only parts I used from the old car were the shocks, steering linkage, and the bearings. Everything else had to go.

Plus, I finally figured out that the little piece of plastic on the chassis parts tree is for mounting the ESC switch to the car!

"The White Rat" has returned better than ever from the depths of its firey hell it encountered over the weekend!
Good to see the "White Rat" again ready to eat somebody's cheese. If it's ok, I might copy the paint scheme.The part to mount the ESC: is that from the Suziki or the Mini kit?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bowl806
Good to see the "White Rat" again ready to eat somebody's cheese. If it's ok, I might copy the paint scheme.The part to mount the ESC: is that from the Suziki or the Mini kit?
I never knew what that part was for until I saw it on my brother-in-law's XB Mini. Luckily I kept the parts tree after my Mini build... no my Mini has the cool on/off switch. So to answer your question, it's in the Mini kit. And I'm sure it's in the Swift kit.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bowl806
You can copy the paint scheme.... not a problem.

The switch mount came in the Suzuki kit I bought. It also comes with the gray chassis that Tamiya sells as a spare. I had no idea what it was for until I noticed that the holes on it match the switch..... and the other holes in it match with the chassis. I have owned M03's for about six years and I can't believe it took me this long to figure out what the piece was for!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

don't feel so bad! i have learned tons of stuff on this site and RCCaraction. They had a writeup on the Suzuki and I made a clone of it with a Mini body--totally race illegal though but i can get 45+ mph out of the thing
Old 01-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

By the way...

In case you guys are looking for some cheap numbers..... the "08" numbers I used on the "White Rat" are one inch vinyl stick-on numbers from Office Depot. The sheet runs about $4 and has enough numbers on it to last you a lifetime! Over the weekend I am going to check out some sign shops and buy some white vinyl to cut into circles to use as a background for the numbers on my other colored bodies.

I am tired of getting the same old #32 number board whenever I buy a Tamiya Cooper body!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HACHIROKU13BT
First off, I'd like to apologize because I know this isn't a Li-po page but, I just had to ask the Tamiya M03 "Mini Pro's."

Recently, I placed a Orion 3200 Li-po battery on my M03M Swift. I noticed so much roll - it was some what uncontrollable in the turns. Therefore, I was thinking about placing lead weight stripping on the Orion 3200 battery (top-side). Does anyone has any suggestions? Should I place the lead weight on the battery or on the front and rear bumpers? I was thinking about placing about 100 to 120 grams of lead weighting on.

Please help anyone.
Dude I heard that the rcmini guys stuff it inside the bumpers somehow and in the chassis back too. They say its too hard to put it on the battery so they spread it around the car.

Last edited by Herkimer Jitney; 01-24-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The New White Rat looks good!

I would think placing the lead weight on different areas of the chassis like the front/rear bumpers or sides of the chassis would be more helpful.

Hey Tony (or anyone else who might know) would you happen to know what the amp draw is of a Silver can motor (and possibly the Black Can) in an M03?

Mahalo's for any help.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i'm watching this thread... waiting for the day i can buy myself a swift

put the lead tape on the chassis, so you can put it as low as possible for a lower CoG.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions??

Is it possible to get a Rover body in the US for less than $39?
Grrrrrrr you can get a painted touring body for less.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.