Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up OK

OK, thanks !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:52 AM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

58400 - Cooper S feedback:

I just built the chassis tonight. After I started laying out all of the trees & bags, I realized that the kit does NOT come with an ESC ...not sure if they will all be like that, because this kit came directly from Japan, but it does note that an ESC is required on the box fine print.

Everything else is just like a Swift chassis, except the extender of course, and the new battery holders. In my opinion, the new ones with dual drilled mounting holes are BS... the hole positions are either too short or two long for my batteries. I put the old style peices on it instead.

Also, the new style wheels are really quite ugly. I test fitted a 2002 Cooper shell to see how they will look, and I think these might just be uglier than the stock '02-model wheels. They remind me of the "Daisy" wheels that Mille Miglia made for the new Beetle(real car). Pretty gross.. I won't be wasting any tires on them.

I'll be painting up the body tomorrow, so I'll post pics of the finished product soon... in case anyone is interested to see.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mep
58400 - Cooper S feedback:

I just built the chassis tonight. After I started laying out all of the trees & bags, I realized that the kit does NOT come with an ESC ...not sure if they will all be like that, because this kit came directly from Japan, but it does note that an ESC is required on the box fine print.

Everything else is just like a Swift chassis, except the extender of course, and the new battery holders. In my opinion, the new ones with dual drilled mounting holes are BS... the hole positions are either too short or two long for my batteries. I put the old style peices on it instead.

Also, the new style wheels are really quite ugly. I test fitted a 2002 Cooper shell to see how they will look, and I think these might just be uglier than the stock '02-model wheels. They remind me of the "Daisy" wheels that Mille Miglia made for the new Beetle(real car). Pretty gross.. I won't be wasting any tires on them.

I'll be painting up the body tomorrow, so I'll post pics of the finished product soon... in case anyone is interested to see.
Your Kit dosent have a speed control because it came from Japan,the only 1/10th kits that have any kind of speed control are the Super Clodbuster,and Dual hunter. We havent had any speed controls in our normal kits for over 10 years.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just bought a Mini? An absolute noob on all things Mini? Then our new update is just what you need. It's a step-by-step run through of building a race spec M03 from start to finish. It'll give you the best possible head start to getting your Mini off on the right track.

It's not necessarily the only way to do it, but it's the way we do it anyway!

Click here to see just what you need to do

Old 01-13-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

i guess i should own up to being the owner...

my family now question my sexual orientation, although dad thought it was rather funny, and actually seemed kind of keen to get a similar design sprayed on one of his motorbike helmets :\

it does however, draw a rather large crowd... i had it doing laps of a rollerskating rink tonight, with about 30 people watching on
Old 01-13-2008, 11:05 AM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Good job Tony, that's a really good setup guide. Too many people get caught up in all of the hop-ups & accessories for these cars, when the bottom line is that simple is better with a mini

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Your Kit dosent have a speed control because it came from Japan,the only 1/10th kits that have any kind of speed control are the Super Clodbuster,and Dual hunter. We havent had any speed controls in our normal kits for over 10 years.
Guess I had to learn this the hard way. No biggie, I had an extra 101BK sitting around anyway.

One more disappointment with the Cooper S -> No window masks. It has the solid grey window decals like so many of the new kits. I'll be masking them anyway, because I dont like the fake grey windows too much.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
Just bought a Mini? An absolute noob on all things Mini? Then our new update is just what you need. It's a step-by-step run through of building a race spec M03 from start to finish. It'll give you the best possible head start to getting your Mini off on the right track.

It's not necessarily the only way to do it, but it's the way we do it anyway!

Click here to see just what you need to do

Awesome write-up. You should see if the moderators can sticky that post to the top. Well done Tony

Boomer
Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaybo

my family now question my sexual orientation, although dad thought it was rather funny, and actually seemed kind of keen to get a similar design sprayed on one of his motorbike helmets :\
I wouldnt be ashamed to be the owner of the 'Pony Mini' Jay. You never know, you might get some PM's from other guys who are into that sort of thing... Hee hee...

And a big Thank You to the other people who've said how much they like the new build-up article on the site. Took a few weeks to do that one, but I think it's been worth it.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Spice
36R for mini
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-sp-spa-153.jpg  
Old 01-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I am at wits end trying to order a Datsun 510 kit from RC Champ. I must be missing something as others speak so highly of them, but omg it's like trying to order from Three Stooges RC.

ALL I want is a quote for ONE kit or TWO kits shipped to the US. I keep getting responses "Do you want one or two kits" and "we package order then tell price". For cryin' out loud these guys are mailing stuff to the US every day...they know within a couple yen either way exactly what freight will cost for one kit or two kits. If the price for two is reasonable, I'll buy two. If the price is unreasonable (imho) I'll buy one.

Am I being unreasonable? Do I need some special code? All I'm seeing to this point is what we used to call, in my sales training days, a Sales Prevention Strategy.

Dinball/RC Mart NEVER has a problem with this and I've had nothing but success ordering from them. I'd order the Datsun kit but for some reason or another they're not carrying it (yes, I tried).
Old 01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately Scotty, that's the way things are with Champ. They don't deal too well with 'questions'

As I understand it they pick the order, package it, weigh it, and then send you the total. That's how they work.

We do mention in our appraisal of them on the site that they are at their best when you just give them a list of stuff, order it, and that's it.

Asking them for 2 quotes is more than they can handle. You also have to remember that their mail order dept is only 2 people. Suganuma-san and Tani-san. And they have to handle a whole heap of stuff from all over the world.

I agree what you've asked isn't all that difficult, but I'm not surprised that you're having a struggle with them. I'd just bite the bullet and order 2 and maybe onsell the 2nd one... Hee hee.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I am at wits end trying to order a Datsun 510 kit from RC Champ. I must be missing something as others speak so highly of them, but omg it's like trying to order from Three Stooges RC.

ALL I want is a quote for ONE kit or TWO kits shipped to the US. I keep getting responses "Do you want one or two kits" and "we package order then tell price". For cryin' out loud these guys are mailing stuff to the US every day...they know within a couple yen either way exactly what freight will cost for one kit or two kits. If the price for two is reasonable, I'll buy two. If the price is unreasonable (imho) I'll buy one.

Am I being unreasonable? Do I need some special code? All I'm seeing to this point is what we used to call, in my sales training days, a Sales Prevention Strategy.

Dinball/RC Mart NEVER has a problem with this and I've had nothing but success ordering from them. I'd order the Datsun kit but for some reason or another they're not carrying it (yes, I tried).
Scottrik,
Are you corresponding with Masa?
Just let them know you want to order 2 kits and it is to be shipped to USA and how you are paying ie. paypal, etc. Once you get that pricing, then ask them again for the cost for one kit. (I know what you're thinking....) - you'll get a faster response.
That's how I had to deal with them (it's just a language /cultural barrier) -you'll get the hang of it after the first order.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scottrik

I just sent one to Canada and the shipping was 4700 Yen EMS,For one wrapped in brown paper,as ABC boxes are strong and paper saves you around 1000 Yen just in weight as they dont need to be re boxed for safe shipping. I even sent one to South Africa this way,Poor guy paid around 10,000 Yen Just for shipping.
The Body by itself should be out in March,and the Countryman body shell should be out by the end of the this month.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jaybo

it does however, draw a rather large crowd... i had it doing laps of a rollerskating rink tonight, with about 30 people watching on

If you just had some of those HPI Teddy Bear wheels,that would really top it off
Old 01-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
... The Body by itself should be out in March,and the Countryman body shell should be out by the end of the this month.
bakaguyjean,

Thanks for the update on the bodies. Good to know as I'll need an extra shell...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.