R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-29-2005, 04:16 AM   #556
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to cat007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman
Whats the diameter of mini 60D tires? I compared them to 1/10 touring car tires they're almost the same but touring car tires are lowprofile. Maybe the difference is only less than 2mm. I dont wana buy 60D type A anymore coz they're expensive and easily worn.

60mm....
My car is digital & smoke free, a diversified multiple post cultural hybrid but politically & ecologically incorrect. So fast it can give u a gigabyte in a nanosecond. It interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace so its been uplinked, downloaded, imported, exported & outsourced. Runs on Air, mixed with Nitro methane & Lithium Polymer, its tribrid not hybrid so its interactive, hyperactive & once a month its radioactive. High speed, high torque, high resolution, all using low tech materials. Its wireless so its tireless & it comes with an unlimited broadband capacity at 2.4Ghz. It has ABS ATV ATL FHM RPM MIA DSM GPS FBI BBC ABC DC AC CEO CNC ICS PHD all on one LCD. It can broadcast, podcast, telecast, multicast, cablecast, simulcast all in HD. Hop up include a voice activated plug-in with regenerative capabilities that is also biodegradable. Most important it crosses the finish line.

Specification subject to change without notice.

In memory of Uncle George Carlin
cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:01 AM   #557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i was wondering would 1/10 touring car foam tires fit on a mini
Old 07-29-2005, 08:00 AM   #558
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01
i was wondering would 1/10 touring car foam tires fit on a mini
Yes, but they hit the body if you don't true them down...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:18 PM   #559
Tech Apprentice

Default Shock Help

I'm ready to upgrade the ass friction shocks on my Mini. But which part number? 50746 or 53155? I know one is plastic and the other is alloy, but is one a better choice beyond that? (I know AE composite shocks are actually pretty nice/cheap) What do you guys like on your Mini's?
Slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:49 PM   #560
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I actually run the Tamiya TRF shocks on mine.... I bought it used and it came that way - but I love those shocks. A friend of mine actually runs them on his X-Ray touring car.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:38 AM   #561
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat007
60mm....

60D=60 diameter. Stupid me. So is it the same with the supergrip tires? I tried the 1/10 touring car tires with a 20t pinion, mabuchi motor(previously an old racingstock) and was running with a modmotor yokomo and 23turn mvp powered tc3 and all I can say is the mo3 was super fast. It had great steering coz of the lowprofile tires and a bit more straightspeed so when we were at the straight, the other cars were just about to leave me behind at almost the end of that straight but then we would enter the inner part of the track where the mo3's smaller size had an advantage on tight turns.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
My 3D Gallery Website
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:24 AM   #562
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hey guys i got my m-03 2day i traded my tt-01 for it

it has the following hop ups
alloy arms, alloy front nuckles, oil shocks, ball raced, carbon gearbox shafts, quick release battery holder, toe-in rear hubs, universal joints. and it also came with like 5 sets of worn down foam tires
Old 07-31-2005, 08:03 AM   #563
Tech Regular

I'm about to buy one of these cars for bashing. Which will be a better choice M03 or M04? And whats the difference between the two? I'm leaning towards the M03L cause I just love the new cooper
work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:07 AM   #564
Tech Regular

And also what hop ups do you guys recommend? BTW, I have TRF blue shocks waiting for the M chassis
Old 07-31-2005, 10:06 AM   #565
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

well, for just bashing around,either chassis is a blast. if you race it at all, it will depend on the size of the track, as the shorter car is more twitchy, and the longer is more stable in corners

my current car i race with has a ball diff, full bearings, TRF shocks, and alloy knuckles, mainly cuz i broke a plastic oner, and thats all the hobbyshop had at the time!

i really have a blast with this car, even tho i only get to race it a couple times a year...

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:11 PM   #566
Tech Apprentice

I just ran my first pack through my M03. I was expecting it to be a slug with the silver can Johnson motor, but the little thing is pretty fast. The car is out of the box stock with bearings. Any idea how fast these little things are? Any prayer of keeping up with a 1/10 scale sedan on a tight track?
Seems like it would be a handful with a ROAR-type stock motor.
Slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:18 PM   #567
Tech Fanatic

These little mice can run well against 1/10 touring on a tight track even with mabuchi cans. The secret is in the batts. I use 3600 stick packs.
I tried to put 23turn type s motor but it was a bit too much and the car would traction roll on corners. Great speed though coz its lightweight.

Here's mine with some mods mostly purple. No alum alum knuckles coz they tweak in a crash.

with the 1/10 touring tires

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
My 3D Gallery Website
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:25 PM   #568
Tech Adept

Quote:
I just ran my first pack through my M03. I was expecting it to be a slug with the silver can Johnson motor, but the little thing is pretty fast. The car is out of the box stock with bearings. Any idea how fast these little things are? Any prayer of keeping up with a 1/10 scale sedan on a tight track?
Seems like it would be a handful with a ROAR-type stock motor.
ive run mine in stock against 1/10 sedans before, lots of fun but you need to be real smooth to keep lots of corner speed because they get lots of wheelspin out of tight corners. they also get knocked around easily by sedans. usually get hacked of the track by some meathead who's pissed at being beat by a mini.
414play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:43 AM   #569
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium
well, for just bashing around,either chassis is a blast. if you race it at all, it will depend on the size of the track, as the shorter car is more twitchy, and the longer is more stable in corners

my current car i race with has a ball diff, full bearings, TRF shocks, and alloy knuckles, mainly cuz i broke a plastic oner, and thats all the hobbyshop had at the time!

i really have a blast with this car, even tho i only get to race it a couple times a year...
Alright thanks. Cant wait to get my hands on those minis
Old 08-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #570
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
m-04m...

Hello everybody,

Are the internal gears of the m-04m the same as the m-03? I saw a speed gear set on ebay for the m-03/ff02 and I want to know if it will work for the m-04m? Is it worth it? Also there are m-03 delrin gears for the m-03 and other different gear ratios from tobee. What are your opinions? Thanks.

Anthony