Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 11-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sometimes you wonder just what Tamiya has got sitting around... I cant believe they've still got M01 shells.

And for those who weren't aware, they've listed a NEW 2006 Mini Cooper S for release at the Shizuoka show in 2 weeks time.

Just what will it be? I suspect just an updated shell with new wheels on an M03L chassis.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:49 AM
H I
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I’m looking for list of aftermarket parts for M03/M/L/R. Mainly suspension bits like arms or upright. So far I’ve found 3 racing and Yeah racing parts list. Does anyone have link to parts lists for other manufactures??
Old 11-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tony gray
Sometimes you wonder just what Tamiya has got sitting around... I cant believe they've still got M01 shells.

And for those who weren't aware, they've listed a NEW 2006 Mini Cooper S for release at the Shizuoka show in 2 weeks time.

Just what will it be? I suspect just an updated shell with new wheels on an M03L chassis.
Tony,
where did you see the listings for the shizouka show?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Tamiyablog.com revealed all Troy..... Not an 'official' site as such but their strike rate in the past has been dead on the money.

HI why would you want aftermarket suspension bits anyway?
The Tamiya plastic stuff is tougher than the cheesey alloy that most of these aftermarket people offer anyway...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Tamiyablog.com revealed all Troy..... Not an 'official' site as such but their strike rate in the past has been dead on the money.

The Tamiya plastic stuff is tougher than the cheesey alloy that most of these aftermarket people offer anyway...
Hey Tony,
Thanks,
I never knew of that site.

I stubbled accros something on Tamiya.com that makes me beleive the blue chassis might be for sale in Shizuoka.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
I stubbled accros something on Tamiya.com that makes me beleive the blue chassis might be for sale in Shizuoka.
So..a quick trip over then?
Old 11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you sign up for Tamiya Japan`s e-mail they give you all the info that the TamiyaClub blog has.You just have to altavista the info to understand it. If you cant read Japanese.
The page is here
https://secure.tamiya.com/forms/form.htm
Just use altavista to see what the blanks are and then fill them in on the Japanese page.Its pretty simple,and you will get e-mails about all the new Tamiya stuff before most other places. If your computer dosent susport Japanese just download the Japanese option from windows its free.
Our info at work here is that the Mini Cooper S is the good old M03L chassis,doesnt say anyting about wheels.Just an updated body. We dont have pictures yet just the order form with a list of the new stuff,and very short discriptions.

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 11-11-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tony.
Took me a while because I had to get Adam to photoshop the size of the file. Here are the mini's I was telling you about.

Bob.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-imgp2420.jpg  
Old 11-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Damn I love those Abarths....

By the way, add to the new releases for December..

1/10 R/C MINI Cooper Racing Lightweight Body Parts Set
Item No.49483

Last edited by tony gray; 11-12-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 AM
H I
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

It's not for me Tony. I'm writing new rules for my club and we are going to allow some of aftermarket bits next year. Don't get me wrong, I too think Tamiya stuffs are the best and I only use Tamiya hopups except rear tire and screws.
There was too many people tried to use aftermarket stuff this year for club and interclub races and since there's no more TCS here in Australia we going to relax the rules a little bit. I'm just doing bit of research. So can anyone help me out?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default SAME?

GUYS IS THIS THE SAME? I WILL BE USING IT TO REPLACE THE KINGPINS AT THE FRONT PLACTIC UPRIGHT.
THE ONE IS FOR THE TB EVO IV ITEM NO. 53826 AND THE OTHER ONE IS FOR THE 414 ITEM NO. 50986
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-header_50986.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-hop.jpg  
Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by H I
It's not for me Tony. I'm writing new rules for my club and we are going to allow some of aftermarket bits next year. Don't get me wrong, I too think Tamiya stuffs are the best and I only use Tamiya hopups except rear tire and screws.
There was too many people tried to use aftermarket stuff this year for club and interclub races and since there's no more TCS here in Australia we going to relax the rules a little bit. I'm just doing bit of research. So can anyone help me out?

Let the guys run anything they want,A few rules that will make everything even is Silver can 540`s,2400 batteries,and 60 size tires max,Gear ratio limits weight limit. Eight Minute mains make it fun.
But for the different alloy bits you can try,Tech,Tobee craft,Square.
If some guy wants to weigh down his car with a bunch of usless alloy let him.
As long as he is having fun then thats all that matters.
Spice also has some one piece plastic arms but i haven`t tried they out.

Whats wrong with Tamiya Rear tires and Screws?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Swift and Sleek
GUYS IS THIS THE SAME? I WILL BE USING IT TO REPLACE THE KINGPINS AT THE FRONT PLACTIC UPRIGHT.
THE ONE IS FOR THE TB EVO IV ITEM NO. 53826 AND THE OTHER ONE IS FOR THE 414 ITEM NO. 50986
You can try OP-539 and OP-869. I use these with a long machine screw that goes all the way through upright. It is very strong and i havent broken it ever in the last 5 years. Plus the left over spacers can be used other places.
I took a look at the parts you posted about and the thread looks a little smaller that the thread on the stock piece. The ball size is 5mm but i dont see them as any improvement over the stock piece.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by H I
Ahh I see, that makes more sense...

The only other ones you may want to look at are GPM (here ) and maybe EAGLE (here)

We went through this with the VORTEC rules for next year, and in the end decided to leave it as Tamiya hot-ups only. Mainly to keep the cost down as much as anything else - encourage people to leave them pretty stock in that respect.

Also because we've tried most of the aftermarket alloy stuff and 99% of it really is just rubbish (apart from the Jap stuff which is good, but HORRIBLY expensive)

The thing we were really concerned about was 'perception' People seeing other people doing well with a whole heap of alloy stuff on their car and perceiving that they NEEDED that stuff to do well.
That was a big reason for us saying no to it again.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default SWIFT

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
You can try OP-539 and OP-869. I use these with a long machine screw that goes all the way through upright. It is very strong and i havent broken it ever in the last 5 years. Plus the left over spacers can be used other places.
I took a look at the parts you posted about and the thread looks a little smaller that the thread on the stock piece. The ball size is 5mm but i dont see them as any improvement over the stock piece.
NO SIR SORRY IF I MISLEAD YOU I WILL USE ONLY THE FLANGES TO REPLACE THE KINGPINS ON THE FRONT UPRIGHTS THEN SCREW IT DOWN WITH 3X10 TIT SCREWS. WHAT PART NUMBER OR ITEM NAME IS THE REPLACEMENT FOR THE BLACK AND HEAVY WHEEL AXLE FOR THE UNIVERSAL SHAFT?
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-pict1384.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-pict1387.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-pict1386.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.