Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 11-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Glad you could get the body you wanted, I have a MGB and wish i had the choices you have to copy your Real car,Im stsuck with a bad Kyosho attempt.

Im guessing you talked to Suda-san at ABC,he is a pretty nice guy.ABC has stepped up the up the bodies quite a bit, You need a Countryman,even the Wood trim decals look pretty good.
yes it was Suda-san...

the countryman looks so good I can't wait until they make a standard Mini... the 510 and Sunny Coupe look AMAZING... they must have gone to a two or three-piece mold to get the proper undercuts to make the bodies look real... as well as hiring better modelers to make the original molds...

At next year's Mini Meet West (Mini gathering in Southern California), there will be an RC race as well... and I want a REALLY good/proper replica of my car to race
Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Need parts!

Looking for an M-03 chassis? Just the chassis!
Anybody,Anybody?
Any word on the HPI tires?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Max I will check with the "Boys" to see what I might be able to round up.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default tires

where can i buy the take off mini tires?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxepower
Anybody,Anybody?
Max,
Black chassis or silver?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maxepower
Anybody,Anybody?
Talked to Akira from HPI and he said he'd try to some in. X-patterns that is. Another good combo is the #4530 radials in the rear with x-patterns up front, or all the around. Requires a little different set up for the radials f/r. Talk to Lee as that's what he's running
Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by akura2
yes it was Suda-san...

the countryman looks so good I can't wait until they make a standard Mini... the 510 and Sunny Coupe look AMAZING... they must have gone to a two or three-piece mold to get the proper undercuts to make the bodies look real... as well as hiring better modelers to make the original molds...

At next year's Mini Meet West (Mini gathering in Southern California), there will be an RC race as well... and I want a REALLY good/proper replica of my car to race
ABC is using one piece molds but they are seperating the body pieces such as the bumpers so that they can pull them like normal,but it gives you more options.Such as I dont run the bumpers on my Sunny truck. ABC has alot of computer power and a few different mills for making test molds and what not. RC Magazine and ABC have been doing a article very month about how they make the bodies,it makes for a good read.
I have 5 different ABC chassis`s and i am big fan of ABC so im a little one sided but i enjoy just about everything they make right now.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motorhead68
where can i buy the take off mini tires?
nexusracing.net very good guys to deal with.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

This is screwed up,I guy puts money and time in to making a really cool body and them somebody rips him off by making copies. Its not like the REAL Chevron bodies are hard to get or out of production. And you even call the "Chevron mini monster" bodies.
Hisashi-san is a one man show and everytime somebody steals his ideas it just takes money out of his kids mouth. He does everything himself from making the mold to designing the decals to stappleing the bag the bodies come in. He dosent drive an expensive car or live in a big house either. Hisashi-san is a big susporter of RC events and really enjoys everything about RC.
To bad people like this guy are ripping him off.
Hey man, I didn't make the body! Thought i was doing some guys in this thread a favor as the original is hard to get. Anyways, I think it actually gives his designs more exposure. "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery."

Sold out! got no more. So, I guess others don't care either.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan
Hey man, I didn't make the body! Thought i was doing some guys in this thread a favor as the original is hard to get. Anyways, I think it actually gives his designs more exposure. "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery."

Sold out! got no more. So, I guess others don't care either.
I guess people dont care, but The orginal is not hard to get at all.

This isnt Imitation it is ripping someone off. Imitation would be a different body that has the same influence,Like a Monster Miata or Monster Porsche.
But if people are doing stuff like this then there will not be anymore Designs to copy. Why would a guy want to make bodies if someone is just going to copy them and steal his designs.
You didnt make the bodies but you are selling them so that does put you in the wrong. Chevron isnt MGM or Disney,You helping rip off a one guy isnt good,You yourself could have ordered from Chevron and sold them all over. He understands english!That would have been the honest way of doing things. But no, here you are selling second hand copies on the street corner just like the guys selling bootleg DVDs.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Sawyer
nexusracing.net very good guys to deal with.
www.racing-cars.com
Or you can call Sean or Adam at 813 889 9691

They have RP/CS tires for the mini. I like the RP30 with soft inserts personally.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs down mind yer own business

But no, here you are selling second hand copies on the street corner just like the guys selling bootleg DVDs.
Well, maybe they got permission to copy them or maybe there is no copyright/patent. How do YOU know!? He should sue if he feels ripped off. Who are you, his daddy?! Mind your own business. and by the way i have some pirated DVD's for sale too...

Apologies to everyone else, this is the last time I will talk about this topic.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan
Well, maybe they got permission to copy them or maybe there is no copyright/patent. How do YOU know!? He should sue if he feels ripped off. Who are you, his daddy?! Mind your own business. and by the way i have some pirated DVD's for sale too...

Apologies to everyone else, this is the last time I will talk about this topic.
Cheating is still cheating. Frankly, I don't accept your apology either. I also believe you're sleazy enough to have those pirated dvds
Old 11-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
www.racing-cars.com
Or you can call Sean or Adam at 813 889 9691

They have RP/CS tires for the mini. I like the RP30 with soft inserts personally.
RP-30mini tire for rear is a best choice !
HK 5 times Tamiya Asia Champion is choice RP tire in your M03 to race other M Chassis race .
RP-36 or 40 for Front tire .

Spice have 2 series soft medium & hard insert to choice .
but last week was sold , around next week back in stock .
Old 11-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony gray
The original M01 Mini kits had the grille and bumpers, but they're rather thin on the ground now. Plus..the mounting holes are different to the M03's as well.

Good Luck finding one, I'd suggest it'll cost more than a complete current kit?
I just got my Tamiya body in the mail... WOW that was quick!!

and it IS the original Mini body but no decals or chrome... I guess if you already have the body, you're supposed to scavenge the old body that may not be any good yet... luckily I have the Rally chrome parts on their way...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.