Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A couple of us this past weekend were joking about tweaking our mini's, so for laughs I put mine on my 1/12th scale tweak board and was pretty shocked how far off my car was. Which could also explain the reason my car doesn't turn very well one direction and oversteers the other
Old 09-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bad-Andy
A couple of us this past weekend were joking about tweaking our mini's, so for laughs I put mine on my 1/12th scale tweak board and was pretty shocked how far off my car was. Which could also explain the reason my car doesn't turn very well one direction and oversteers the other
Given all the weight bias to the left front (with the motor hanging out there) there is always tweak in an M03.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I need to know which parts bag, or where I can buy the screws that go into the top and bottom of the front wheel hub. My top one came out somehow and I ofcourse do not have a spare. M03 chasis. The big silver screw that has thread about half way down
Old 09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rock'sTC3
I need to know which parts bag, or where I can buy the screws that go into the top and bottom of the front wheel hub. My top one came out somehow and I ofcourse do not have a spare. M03 chasis. The big silver screw that has thread about half way down
I have some spares adrian. we are going over to jonesboro this saturday at 1pm for some practice. marda ryan and I. your welcome to ride over there with us if you like.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy HPI TIRES?

So, what's the story with HPI X-pattern tires. I heard their discontinued and then I heard HPI is getting more. Which is it? Has anybody tried the RP's?
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

A few weeks ago someone posted a copy of a letter or email about the production of HPI X-Patterns. If you look back you might find it on this forum or may be the original writer will post it again.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
So, what's the story with HPI X-pattern tires. I heard their discontinued and then I heard HPI is getting more. Which is it? Has anybody tried the RP's?
Thanks in advance!
HPI are reproducing them, should be around November when stocks are back.
I've found RP24s good for the rear of the car. When I have tried RP30s on the front it made the car too sensitive, making steering really sharp and snappy and more than likely causing traction roll.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rock'sTC3
the part is MA1, Kingpin.
Should be in Metal parts bag A

The thread on uprights is weak and notorious for stripping and kingpins falling out. I think we have all spent many times on the track searching for that kingpin. Most people upgrade it right away to these:

Aluminum front upright set #53523
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCPV5&P=FR

and the lightweight kingpins for them #53141
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGH10&P=FR

The M03M Swift arms and kingpins are stronger or better designed.
The M03R includes both the aluminum upright and plastic ones ( by far the best value of the series) but remember the M&R kits use smaller bearings.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankrehnelt
I have some spares adrian. we are going over to jonesboro this saturday at 1pm for some practice. marda ryan and I. your welcome to ride over there with us if you like.
I would love to but I am actually taking my Grandad to Little Rock for the weekend.

When you all headed to Jonesboro for the state race?

Thnks Minimanintaiwan
Old 09-27-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

ithought i saw a set of aluminum parts for m03. it had all the c hubs steering blocks rear carriers and someother stuff i think it was like the servo mounts to. does anyone know of this set other than the integy one. im looking for the blue stuff & i thought i saw it but now cant find it
Old 09-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

THANKS
Old 09-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The set you are talking about BB is most likely the Eagle Racing M03 set.

Quality is fairly poor, I wouldnt recommend it at all.

GPM also do an M03 set too, same applies sadly... Nice to look at but thats about it
Old 09-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just posted my new never raced Swift 1600 with hop ups and a servo in the for sale forum. Unfortunatly no one races them around here. If anyone wants a killer deal on a Swift check it out.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=183419
Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MD
A few weeks ago someone posted a copy of a letter or email about the production of HPI X-Patterns. If you look back you might find it on this forum or may be the original writer will post it again.

i was me.... I haven't heard that they were reproducing them again... that's good news... they must have caved in to the demand....
Old 09-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony gray
Guys, you sorta strayed a bit from the original post (you needed to click on the link to see it) which was to do with what you'd like to see on a 10th Anniversary edition Celebration Mini...Which is next year!

To give you my thoughts.

There's only one answer if you're going all out, a 'baby' version of this mother...The ultimate in FWD R/C cars

Oh and the 3 racing ball diff? You have to modify the chassis to run it. You have ream out a great big hole in the side! No thanks.....
I have one of those.... awesome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.