Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Sorry---assumed it was the rt side where the servo mount bolts to the chassis. If you break the X-ray ends, you might as well use the Tamiya ball cups as they have very little play and will pop off before they break. Also, I assumed you were running a silvercan. If you're running a 27 turn stock or hotter, all bets are off as you'll break stuff that isn't even on the car.
silver can only, this would be the second time that I have broken the mount on the left side, it just cracks and breaks right off. It there a brace that can go betwwen the 2 servo mounting points that might make it flex less?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcarmchl
silver can only, this would be the second time that I have broken the mount on the left side, it just cracks and breaks right off. It there a brace that can go betwwen the 2 servo mounting points that might make it flex less?
Try using the Tamiya ball cups. They'll pop off and won't transfer the load. Surprized you didn't break the arm on your servo saver before you broke the chassis .I'd racer pop a ball link back on before replacing a chassis. We were having probs with the rt side cause the screw that mounts the little tab that goes to the servo mount was too short and that broke rather easily. Best of luck on your breakage prob. sorry we weren't more help.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya Asia Cup 2007

You guys from down under making it!?

Tamiya Asia Cup 2007
Venue: Beitou Sports Center in Taipei, Taiwan http://btsc.tms.gov.tw/en_index.htm
Race Schedule: September 14-16, 2007
Old 07-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

You guys still racing minis at SoCal? I am about to pull the trigger on getting an MO4L Beelte, but wanted to make sure there was still racing going on.

Now that I think about it, what setup should I start with? What tires, springs, etc. are popular over there?

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I have always used the stock servo saver with one of the c-ring springs off the Tamiya high torque servo saver snapped over the built stock saver...works awesome!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GeekSpeed
You guys still racing minis at SoCal? I am about to pull the trigger on getting an MO4L Beelte, but wanted to make sure there was still racing going on.

Now that I think about it, what setup should I start with? What tires, springs, etc. are popular over there?

Thanks.
Yes on frday nites. Right now, we're all running the MO3 and I haven't a clue as to what the setup is for a MO4L. Racing starts at 7PM and when we're not running the Mini's we're racing a 540 TC class. Stop by and check it out. Our turnouts have been small, not the 10 or so we used to get. Some of the guys who used to race can't make it on fridays so we're trying to build it up again.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Ok gang, I just put an order in for an M04L Beetle, so hopefully that will be here in a week or so. I am going to get it ready to come out to SoCal for some racing. Granted, I’m a novice racer, so you all will probably mop the floor with me. I tried racing a TC3 a couple of years ago, but the touring cars kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It was all about who could spend the most money and kick the most ass, so that was not cool…. However, since you mentioned a 540 TC class, I might do that with the old TC3. That seems like a really good idea…

Just so I know what to start with, what kind of tires do you run on the Minis?
Old 07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by GeekSpeed
Ok gang, I just put an order in for an M04L Beetle, so hopefully that will be here in a week or so. I am going to get it ready to come out to SoCal for some racing. Granted, I’m a novice racer, so you all will probably mop the floor with me. I tried racing a TC3 a couple of years ago, but the touring cars kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It was all about who could spend the most money and kick the most ass, so that was not cool…. However, since you mentioned a 540 TC class, I might do that with the old TC3. That seems like a really good idea…

Just so I know what to start with, what kind of tires do you run on the Minis?
buy all the tires M,S, and slicks...as soon as u get it going hit me up for some HP I can build u a motor ,if anything u will be fast ! the driving is up to u !
Old 07-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default motor question

any sugestions for breaking in johnson motor?do you run it until brushes are about halfway down touching com?how many amps should a good one have at 2 volts ? 1.2 amps?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Hello, I am looking for a set of mini tires that won't traction roll.
I tried almost all of the third party slicks, and they all do traction roll on my M03. The only tires that don't do it are the tamiyas and x-patterns(but they understeer more than I want it to). Any info on anti-traction roll set up with these high grip tires?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

You can try gluing the sidewalls of the front tires...that's usually the best fix.
Originally Posted by redbones
Hello, I am looking for a set of mini tires that won't traction roll.
I tried almost all of the third party slicks, and they all do traction roll on my M03. The only tires that don't do it are the tamiyas and x-patterns(but they understeer more than I want it to). Any info on anti-traction roll set up with these high grip tires?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Like coating CA to the sidewalls all the way up to the shoulders?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:00 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Stiffer rear springs to get the back end to slide around a bit - its really the only way you'll stop it. Sway bars do nothing IMO.

Dump the whole car down low too - somewhere around the 4-5mm ride height and try to get the ESC and Rx inside the chassis to get the weight of the car lower as well

See how it goes
Old 07-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

I have everything tucked in the rear compartment. All the wires are run internally, so nothing sits on top of the chassis. I use a lightweight futaba s9650 for the servo. Tried different camber, 5-2mm ride height, super hard inserts, etc. the 60Ds are nice, but it just doesn't have the responsiveness of the new slicks.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
Like coating CA to the sidewalls all the way up to the shoulders?
Yeah. All the way up the sidewall from the rim to the top edge of the tire.

This leaves you with a tire that wont traction roll, but wont push through the corners. As taught to me by Core Creations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.