R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #4396
Tech Regular

For anyone wanting to run Rally mini without cutting down the Tamiya rally block tires, enroute have brought out mini sized rally blocks:

http://www.enroute.co.jp/store/index...oducts_id=2438
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya mini cooper-m-blocktire.jpg  
Tim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #4397
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to cat007
Default Mini Rally Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
For anyone wanting to run Rally mini without cutting down the Tamiya rally block tires, enroute have brought out mini sized rally blocks:

Hey Tim,

Thats neat. will be ordering some. anyway, when i was in Korea, i saw this old 1/10 mini academy kit, but it has tires smaller than 56mm which are NOT from academy, any idea where to get them or who makes them ?? i believe they are 50mm in diameter, but it will fit a tamiya mini rim (this wall, super low profile)

Clarence
cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #4398
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K View Post

Awesome, good find. I just glued my cut tires onto their rims, didn't turn out very well. Looks like this will be a perfect solution.
sportsracer-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:37 AM   #4399
Tech Initiate

Were can I get a full M03 parts list on line? I have tried the RC_MINI site but it seems to be down at the moment.

Glenn
zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #4400
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
Were can I get a full M03 parts list on line? I have tried the RC_MINI site but it seems to be down at the moment.

Glenn
I've always used the Tamiya USA page for the Mini:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58211
They have links at the top for parts, hop-ups, etc.
sportsracer-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #4401

Send a message via MSN to Bodywerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
Yup! Got one for you.. posted it a while back, took a while to fish it out.. let's see..

M-04M Carpet Setup

Front:
TRF Short White springs
TRF Shocks, 85 wt oil, 2-hole pistons, 2 o-rings, no rebound
S-Grips, moulded insert (hard to find), 1/3 traction compound on inside
Sway bar
0-1 degree toe out, depends on how you like your steering.
Rear holes on the steering uprights (mine gets stuck on the chassis when it's on the inside holes)

Rear:
Short Fluorescent Red springs (53333 set)
TRF Shocks, 60 wt oil, 2-hole pistons, 3 o-rings, no rebound
Type A's, firm foam insert strip, full traction compound

5-6mm ride height all around

It's a very stiff setup in the front, and runs like a touring car.. no body roll for quick transitions, and at the same time I can run through the whole track full-throttle without flipping. If you need more steering, widen the strip of compound in the front.

Get the 2-degree rear uprights if you can, or just upgrade to the lightweight "M03M" set, it has 2 degrees already, and is very nimble.

Put the receiver and speedo on the sides like saddlebags, keeps the COG way low.

I use the Alfa body for TCS, and the HPI Miata for the other races.. love the rear wing..

That's the basis of the setup, the rest is optional.. aluminum hexes, rear universals, carbon gearshafts, TA03 Ball Diff w/ lightweight plates, aluminum screws with a few Ti in spots, but it's not that necessary.

This setup handles great, and the fl. red springs will keep your rear tires planted. Just make sure to put 1-2mm extra preload on the rear left shock because of the motor, keeps the car straighter when accelerating.
Thanks for the info, any luck on the extention.
email me
djones@lagois.com
Bodywerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #4402
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

Glenn
Or you can go here and download the manual:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
RandomFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #4403
Tech Apprentice

I think it should be noted that alot of the set-ups I've seen on this thread have two different kinds of tires used. It should be pointed out on these set-ups that this is not legal for a TCS race. I know a lot of drivers will say they don't go to a TCS race. But there are those that do. And if a new driver sets up his car the way some of the set-ups here are, and he gets used to the way it handles, he'll go to a TCS race to find out that he now has to buy new tires for either the front or the rear, and chances are really good that the handling is going to be way off. Whether you stuff the tire with inserts or not is okay, but the compounds and type of tire are supposed to be the same on all four corners of the cars. And yes, they are supposed to be Tamiya tires and rims.
Ron Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:54 PM   #4404
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)
tcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Zee View Post
I think it should be noted that alot of the set-ups I've seen on this thread have two different kinds of tires used. It should be pointed out on these set-ups that this is not legal for a TCS race. I know a lot of drivers will say they don't go to a TCS race. But there are those that do. And if a new driver sets up his car the way some of the set-ups here are, and he gets used to the way it handles, he'll go to a TCS race to find out that he now has to buy new tires for either the front or the rear, and chances are really good that the handling is going to be way off. Whether you stuff the tire with inserts or not is okay, but the compounds and type of tire are supposed to be the same on all four corners of the cars. And yes, they are supposed to be Tamiya tires and rims.
U can run type "M" and type "S" but u can't run smaller and bigger frt/rear
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:04 AM   #4405
Tech Initiate

Hi, message for Tony Gray. Just checking, but I cant get on the rc-mini forum, is it my end or yours?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #4406
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightspeed View Post
Hi, message for Tony Gray. Just checking, but I cant get on the rc-mini forum, is it my end or yours?

seems ok now
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:21 PM   #4407
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
As far as I can tell, you just can't use different size tires. The rules say nothing about different types of Tamiya tires. Here are the specific U.S. rules concerning Mini wheels and tires:

"Cars may run any Tamiya tires designed to fit the "M" chassis as long as the tires and wheels conform to the scale look of the body and are no bigger than the 60D. Running 26mm sedan wheels and tires on a Mini M03 and M04 is no longer allowed despite body type.

24mm wheels and tires are not legal.

The use of tires of different sizes (diameter) on the front and rear of the car is not allowed i.e. standard M chassis tires on the rear and M-chassis 60D's on the front. "

And here are the Canadian rules:

"6. 26mm tires ONLY for cars featuring S2000, BMW M Roadster, 911, Boxster, SLK bodies.

7. Tamiya rubber tires only, no foam tires. "
RandomFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #4408
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightspeed View Post
I cant get on past the second page and it comes up with this

www.rc-mini.net
http://www.rc-mini.net/MiniWeb_A_02_04_07/Forum.html

You have requested a page or object that was not found on the server. This may be the result of a typo or broken link.

Error 404 Not Found (File does not exist: /home/htdocs/MiniWeb_A_02_04_07/Forum.html)
zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:28 AM   #4409
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Quote:
Ah.. I guess we've always had different tires without issue because we're in the Canadian TCS.. Heck, in one race traction was so erratic that I even used a Type-A on the rear left and S-Grip on the rear right before, won me the A main..

I just assumed all the tires were 60D, or at least within a milimetre or two to 60mm, not too much of a difference.. Filling most tires with the firm grey foam inflates them to almost equal diameters, the only time it was much smaller and made a difference for me was with those moulded inserts inside S or M-grips..
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #4410
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 238 (100%+)

Quote:
I cant get on past the second page and it comes up with this
I just went to the site and am able to navigate through it with the customary ease. Guessing it's somehow at your end...but can't be much help as to why as I'm AT BEST marginally computer proficient myself.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote