R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #3316
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tamiya 1 way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerbob
Yep, as long as you do not LOCK it.. you are legal.. I put 2 extra big washes - 1 on each side of the inner gears.. when you tighten the outside plastic it tightens it without binding...
BUT we here found out.. that you could install a Tamiya 1 way and still be TCS legal.. if thats what your shooting for.
The owner of the track here runs his M03 that way.. and has the driving style nailed down.. he beats the field by 1 lap + with a M03M completely TCS legal.

James

Thanks James......a Tamiya 1 way???? Letting my Noobiness show ....Is this a LHS shelf item???

Thanks
Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #3317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Yep, as long as you do not LOCK it.. you are legal.. I put 2 extra big washes - 1 on each side of the inner gears.. when you tighten the outside plastic it tightens it without binding...
BUT we here found out.. that you could install a Tamiya 1 way and still be TCS legal.. if thats what your shooting for.
The owner of the track here runs his M03 that way.. and has the driving style nailed down.. he beats the field by 1 lap + with a M03M completely TCS legal.

James
actually, unless Canada rules are different, the oneway shouldnt be legal. IIRC, the oneway is listed as a hopup for TC.... and....
  1. Quote:
  2. Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for. Except for the GT1 class, it is strictly forbidden to cut, mill or lighten the chassis. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the car in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups. (This applies to all classes)

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #3318
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4

Quote:

James
I'm not real sure but I don't think a 1-way would be TCS Legal since the rules state "Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for." Since there is no 1-way listed as a hop-up on the Tamiya website and no 1-way designed for the M-chassis then I would think that it wouldn't be TCS Legal. Just because someone has "gotten away" with using one doesn't really mean it's allowed.
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #3319
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

it's not legal.

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #3320
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayroooahhhh
Thanks James......a Tamiya 1 way???? Letting my Noobiness show ....Is this a LHS shelf item???

Thanks

Cheater!

Friday buster, you shall see the other side of the boards!

Rod Littau
slotcarrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #3321
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Other side of the boards.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotcarrod
Cheater!

Friday buster, you shall see the other side of the boards!
Buster???? Is that a saying from the 70's or something???
Just remember 2nd place means your the first loser!!! ...........and I'm ok with that!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:54 PM   #3322
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotcarrod
Thank you for this great set up on my M04. It helped me tq and win the WICICS race in Regina last weekend. You rock!

Still looking for a M04 sway bar kit.
Hey, thanks for the props! Glad to hear it served you well!

I still have that same setup on my car, will be using it for the TCS race this Saturday.. wish me luck! See if we can make it 2 for 2! It's gonna be some crazy stiff competition here in T.O.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #3323
Tech Adept

Anyone know if you can replace just the Pressure plate B on the TA03 ball diff. I've stripped the thread on two of these already!!!
minimanintaiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:40 PM   #3324
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan
Anyone know if you can replace just the Pressure plate B on the TA03 ball diff. I've stripped the thread on two of these already!!!
Yes you can, but the cost is like buying a new diff.
Might as well get the diff.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #3325
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Hey, thanks for the props! Glad to hear it served you well!

I still have that same setup on my car, will be using it for the TCS race this Saturday.. wish me luck! See if we can make it 2 for 2! It's gonna be some crazy stiff competition here in T.O.
Are you running @ the Vancouver race?
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #3326
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default which battery should I get

I am running mini w/ marbuchi motor. I have tried 2400 nicad, 3800 matched (converted from my old side by side), lipo 3200 carbon. Of all of them, the lipo is the easier to use and fastest, however, I am still getting smoked on the straightaway giving up whatever small leads that I gain thru infields. should I get the $85 4200 matched WC stick pack? Will that be faster? I kind of don't want to drop $320 for 4 WC stick packs that I can only use for $100 mini.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 AM   #3327
Tech Master

Anyone running outlaw class (modified motor, foam tires, asphalt racing, any available 3rd parties hop ups) with M04/M/L ?

Would you share your setting ?

Also, have you tried with 4 cells using 6-7T mod motor ? Any good ?

Thanks.
akuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:34 AM   #3328
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightaway
I am running mini w/ marbuchi motor. I have tried 2400 nicad, 3800 matched (converted from my old side by side), lipo 3200 carbon. Of all of them, the lipo is the easier to use and fastest, however, I am still getting smoked on the straightaway giving up whatever small leads that I gain thru infields. should I get the $85 4200 matched WC stick pack? Will that be faster? I kind of don't want to drop $320 for 4 WC stick packs that I can only use for $100 mini.
That could also be the motor. The only problem with Silvercan motors is that they are all different. I would recommend buying a couple dozen motors, try them all out and pick the fastest 2-3 and then sell the leftovers on Ebay. If you've got a motor dyno then that would make it even easier but who really wants to shell out that money just for silvercans.
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:27 AM   #3329
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Bikerbob Send a message via MSN to Bikerbob Send a message via Yahoo to Bikerbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium
actually, unless Canada rules are different, the oneway shouldnt be legal. IIRC, the oneway is listed as a hopup for TC.... and....

using your same arguement then.. you would not be able to run a ball diff in a Mini chassis..

Tamiya has NO ball diff listed as a hopup for the Mini chassis.. Manta Ray.. yep.. TA04 (I think this is the other one people use?) yes.. but not Mini.

As for Canada... Our group has confirmed with Tamiya Canada that the 1 way is legal.

Now.. weather that is the same in the US.. or Worlds etc.. I have no idea.

James
Bikerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #3330
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Bikerbob Send a message via MSN to Bikerbob Send a message via Yahoo to Bikerbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightaway

AND.. that would be my point.. WHO would run a class that takes a $100 kit.. with $250 MAX in hopups.. and put $320 in batteries????

As you just pointed out.. put a 8t in it.. you cant drive it.. the chassis cant handle the speed.. put a 4200 in it.. your not winning on the straights.. because its a silvercan..

The only reason this chassis has gained popularity outside of rally and street bashing is cost and design limitations.

At our indoor carpet track.. you get a 1/2 lap lead.. you win.. with 2400 packs.. silvercan motors (unless as stated you have really bad one) you will not loose that lead assuming you dont crash.

Last weekend we moved our races up to 8mins.. and also had 8-10 cars running where we are turning 17sec laps. This was cool.. because you would hit traffic several times in a race.. cars RARELY drop out like 1/12 or TC.. so you have 8-10 cars for 8mins.. SO with traffic, and the length of the race.. a smooth steady driver could recover .. or gain.. on a 1st place car from the 8th or 10th spot.. and 8mins.. is no hassle at all for the batteries.. it was fuN!!

James
Bikerbob is offline   Reply With Quote