R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #2941
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik
I couldn't have said it better myself.
I just came back to my computer from earlier today and I see that my three year old son decided to get in the conversation. Sorry for any inconvience
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #2942
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Bright young lad..takes after the old man, does he. Single-handedly ended the LiPo debate. We're waiting until nap is done to see how he does solving world peace.

Kids...gotta love 'em.

Scottrik

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #2943
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I just came back to my computer from earlier today and I see that my three year old son decided to get in the conversation. Sorry for any inconvience
You should've taken credit for that one!

celeritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:13 AM   #2944
Tech Adept

Hi there all, I have some quesions about the M03m to setup my car for tcs. I am going to copy and paste my posts from other forums so dont get confused with the references to other people. oh, and I have abandoned the one way idea so dont worry about that. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
The extra bearings you'll need are:

4 11mm x 5mm
2 8mm x5 mm
Anyone have the tamiya part numbers for these? And I know any manufacturer bearings or shock oil is allowed, its just im ordering from a tamiya supplier so everytihng tamiya makes my life a lot easier.

Thanks for all the info James, that really helps.

So you would use type S outdoors with hard inserts. I looked into the type S tires, do you mean "Super Grip Radial Tires"? Are they these:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53254

So what would you use indoors? I was thinking type A's but after hearing how fast they wear out, Im reconsidering. If they last me a couple of practise days and the first two races (since they are the only ones indoors) I am happy with them. How long do they last?

I will try the one way for now, see how it works. What is the difference in performance between the gear diff and the ball diff? And the shims you use for the gear diff, is it possible tamiya makes them? If so, what is the part number (same reason as above).

Will TL01 stainless steel suspension shafts work on the mini (M03M)?

Anyone know if the M03M kit comes with inserts? what type?

Thanks,

Carthik
SeaKayCarthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:53 AM   #2945
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to BadCarmaNY

53348 for the Tamiya Bearing kit for the Mini. According to 2007 TCS Rules, Tamiya has shims available now... unknown part number right now...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rcp...chassis_id=A75

This is Tamiya's own list of M03M hop up parts... the TL01 shaft set is on this list, so that would work.
BadCarmaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #2946
Tech Adept

I dont want the bearing set, just transmission bearings. and thanks for that link, very helpful!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #2947
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to BadCarmaNY

You're welcome, that link does have a different bearing kit listed for the M03M, so that might be what you're after, but it says out of stock.

On to my own question... the wheel nuts on a Tamiya car are listed as 4mm... is this the same as an "M4" wheel nut?
BadCarmaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:17 AM   #2948
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minijosh Send a message via Yahoo to minijosh

Is there a major difference between running the car with full bearings and with the bushing in the gearbox? I've stop building my Swift because I wanted to put bearings inside but it's just for play right now. Anyone test this out? Hmm I could do an experiment between my Mini and my Suzuki. Anyone interested in the comparison? If so I'll test out both rides and do a write up on run time and speed, if there is a major difference.

Joshua T
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:20 AM   #2949
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Umm Josh...the difference could best be described as 'significant'

Performance is degraded quite a bit, and as the bushings wear the gears dont mesh properly and its 'stripping-time' inside the transmission...
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:49 AM   #2950
Tech Apprentice

I just got done reading the 2007 TCS rules. Will batts from Pro-Match and other matchers be legal for the TCS series? I understand they have to be stick packs also.

Kevin
KevinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:13 AM   #2951
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKayCarthik
Hi there all, I have some quesions about the M03m to setup my car for tcs. I am going to copy and paste my posts from other forums so dont get confused with the references to other people. oh, and I have abandoned the one way idea so dont worry about that. Thanks.

Anyone have the tamiya part numbers for these? And I know any manufacturer bearings or shock oil is allowed, its just im ordering from a tamiya supplier so everytihng tamiya makes my life a lot easier.

Thanks for all the info James, that really helps.

So you would use type S outdoors with hard inserts. I looked into the type S tires, do you mean "Super Grip Radial Tires"? Are they these:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53254

So what would you use indoors? I was thinking type A's but after hearing how fast they wear out, Im reconsidering. If they last me a couple of practise days and the first two races (since they are the only ones indoors) I am happy with them. How long do they last?

I will try the one way for now, see how it works. What is the difference in performance between the gear diff and the ball diff? And the shims you use for the gear diff, is it possible tamiya makes them? If so, what is the part number (same reason as above).

Will TL01 stainless steel suspension shafts work on the mini (M03M)?

Anyone know if the M03M kit comes with inserts? what type?

Thanks,

Carthik
53008 is a 4pk of 1150 bearings
53029 is a 2pk of 1150 bearings
53030 is a 4pk of 850 bearings
53484 is a 24pk of 850 bearings.

shims, 10mm 53588 or #2300010 9mm washer
53301 is the susp shafts to use on the mini.

Here is the manual for the Suzuki, maybe that will answer many questions, you can always type in the part # from the manual on Tamiyausa.com to get a better description.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/58368ml.pdf

As far as tires, You need to ask the people you race with. I only use as on Asphalt,some times an S grop radial, very rarly. on carpet I use S grips and M grips. I assume that indoor is carpet?? I race indoor on asphalt you might want to clarify that.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:15 AM   #2952
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinL
I just got done reading the 2007 TCS rules. Will batts from Pro-Match and other matchers be legal for the TCS series? I understand they have to be stick packs also.

Kevin
Yes what it says is they need to have a hobby industry brand label, they can not be unlabled cells that might be from another industry, like medical cells. This is what it said last year.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #2953
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCarmaNY
You're welcome, that link does have a different bearing kit listed for the M03M, so that might be what you're after, but it says out of stock.

On to my own question... the wheel nuts on a Tamiya car are listed as 4mm... is this the same as an "M4" wheel nut?
I would think so.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:31 AM   #2954
Tech Adept

Thanks for ALL the help guys, all your posts REALLY helped. Just one more question (I think), what is the differnce between the manta ray ball diff and the ta03 ball diff?

Thanks,

Carthik
Old 01-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #2955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default ball diff

Hi,

If i remember correctly, the manta ray ball diff is much heavier, maybe 15grams more than the TA03 diff.

Get the TA03 diff if you have a choice.... good luck.

Joel
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote