Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 10-21-2016, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Yeah, you'll want to start with low timing on the end bell. What ESC are you using? My advice so far has assumed your ESC has a timing ramp, and isn't just applying a fixed timing adjustment. If it's doing the latter, it's basically just doing the same thing as an end bell adjustment.
I'm using tsky 120a ESC a.k.a HW xerun replica.. so HW LED or LCD prog.box can read the ESC to get setup..

Now i'm using prog.box LED not the LCD one..

What is timing ramp btw?? Still don't get it..

Is it like timing setup increasing or decreasing the timing number by number?

Because LED prog.box timing setup is like this

And this is what the track layout looks like
Old 10-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kytr8matic
I'm using tsky 120a ESC a.k.a HW xerun replica.. so HW LED or LCD prog.box can read the ESC to get setup..

Timing ramp is also known as boost. Check your manual to see if it has anything like that. Essentially you set a start amount of timing that it will use at low speeds, and a higher amount of timing that it'll use at higher speeds. At speeds somewhere in between, it'll use a timing level somewhere in between the start and end timing. If you graph the timing vs the RPM, it'll look like a ramp.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Timing ramp is also known as boost. Check your manual to see if it has anything like that. Essentially you set a start amount of timing that it will use at low speeds, and a higher amount of timing that it'll use at higher speeds. At speeds somewhere in between, it'll use a timing level somewhere in between the start and end timing. If you graph the timing vs the RPM, it'll look like a ramp.
Ohhh.. i get it i get it..
So next i'll just buy the LCD prog.box so it can set rpm by rpm.. and also opening the boost
Old 10-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Ohhh.. i get it i get it..
So next i'll just buy the LCD prog.box so it can set rpm by rpm.. and also opening the boost
Double check the manual to see if it's supported before investing in the LCD box, just in case it's not supported. That programming LED box looks more like the ezRun than the Xerun programmer.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Double check the manual to see if it's supported before investing in the LCD box, just in case it's not supported. That programming LED box looks more like the ezRun than the Xerun programmer.
Agreed, if the ESC in question the same as the programmer shown in the pic, then you may not be able to adjust the rpm settings for boost, you can just choose the amount of timing advance & everything else is set. Additionally, the total amount of timing a motor can tolerate can vary between different brands & models. For example, when Tekin's RS ESC's came out with the Hotwire programmer, we could make all those fine timing & turbo adjustments, at the time I bought one I was running Novak motors pretty exclusively(their Ballistic series). & when I tried to add some boost & Turbo & use similar settings to what my friends were using, I couldn't get my motors to run right with it, they'd either run WAY too hot, or I'd have to turn so much of it down that it'd be as slow or slower than if I used no boost at all & just ran endbell timing alone. but we all found at that time that Trinity's Duo2 motors could tolerate the timing boost quite easily for some reason, so whoever was using them could have a real advantage with boost. And even today, I'd expect that there are some motors that can handle it & some that can't, so it's always something you should approach carefully(& having fine control over the parameters is VERY important for getting right & keeping the temperatures down)....
Old 10-28-2016, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

OK, finally I'm selling something that Jim won't want...or will he.
My all-time favourite bodyshell... for less than what I'd charge to duplicate it.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
OK, finally I'm selling something that Jim won't want...or will he.
My all-time favourite bodyshell... for less than what I'd charge to duplicate it.
That is pretty nice. Not bad for a drunken blind man. I'd destroy it in 5 minutes, though. I've tried having shelf queens. It never lasts.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Is it like timing setup increasing or decreasing the timing number by number?

Because LED prog.box timing setup is like this

And this is what the track layout looks like
What track is this and where is it?
Old 10-30-2016, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sickboy
What track is this and where is it?
It's track for touring and onroad car.. asphalt surface..

And it's from indonesia at graha tamiya serpong
Old 10-31-2016, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Finally got my hands on a new Tamiya Rover Mini Cooper shell today. A guy recently built up a new kit but didn't want the shell so he sold it off. $30AUD and a 2.5 hour round trip later and it was mine I don't think he knew they were rare otherwise he would have charged more.

This one will be a shelf queen only since they're hard to replace these days...
Old 10-31-2016, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

GJ getting the shell!
Old 11-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

While they aren't quite as good as the Tamiya ones...Mini Cooper shells are still readily available from Hobbyking.
These are the Matrixline ones and as far as I'm concerned are more than good enough for my needs.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/1-10-min...m-chassis.html

Old 11-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys!

I'm looking for blue plated chassis (M03(L)) for sale. If anyone have some pls let me know .

(I also find new one at HKSRC but I didn't know the website is OK or not. Have anyone got any experience of this site?)

Thanks,

Mate
Old 11-04-2016, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
While they aren't quite as good as the Tamiya ones...Mini Cooper shells are still readily available from Hobbyking.
These are the Matrixline ones and as far as I'm concerned are more than good enough for my needs.

Huh, should be plenty for racing purposes! Anyone post up pictures of the finished product?
But TCS won't allow them, or..?
Old 11-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Front axles/CVA on a mo5proV2

I finally had a chance to race my Mo5v2 last weekend. While working the tighter sections of the track I notice that my front left wheel would act "jittery" /move from the front of the wheel well to the back while turning left. My thoughts were it is the dog bone axle is causing this. What your guys thoughts on this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.