Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Yes the VW body is by Active Hobby. Do you like it?
Old 11-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by akuhon
I only need a really small hook to make such turnbuckles.... not lucky so far ...
did you try the Ta-01 turnbuckles for upper links? they are the smallest i have found, didnt try them on my mini yet dought
Old 11-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guys. I just wanted to let you know that Take Off just released RP40 compound mini tires. We now have the RP30, 36 and 40 compounds in the US. They are working on molded inserts and racing wheels for Mini Coopers right now. They will also have all tire compounds available as premounts once the inserts and wheels are done.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TENCHO
Yes the VW body is by Active Hobby. Do you like it?
Never have it ... how's the quality of the plastic ?
Thick or thin ?

I still prefer Monster "M" from Chevron models ....
Old 11-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DrKucho
did you try the Ta-01 turnbuckles for upper links? they are the smallest i have found, didnt try them on my mini yet dought
Don't think it works...
I've used this MB7 screw (see attached pic) and use Tamiya shortest ballcup adjuster (p/n 50797) still no work on ... It's still longer than stock plastic upperlink from the kit.

TA01 upper link, probably has the same length for TL-01 not M03 ...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-mb7.jpg  
Old 11-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Arrow car

Originally Posted by TENCHO
here is my new VWbody and my mini pics.

note the yokomo shoks/springs and rare Honda S800 wheels.
NICE wonder how it will handle with the bug body vers the swift...BTW I feel better today
Old 11-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Hi guys. I just wanted to let you know that Take Off just released RP40 compound mini tires. We now have the RP30, 36 and 40 compounds in the US. They are working on molded inserts and racing wheels for Mini Coopers right now. They will also have all tire compounds available as premounts once the inserts and wheels are done.
Adrian, thats great news. I ran the RP30's at the KO Grand Prix this year...huge improvement over the tires I used in the past

The car was on rails to say the least!

John
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-img_3441-copy.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-img_3444-copy.jpg  
Old 11-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Don't think it works...
I've used this MB7 screw (see attached pic) and use Tamiya shortest ballcup adjuster (p/n 50797) still no work on ... It's still longer than stock plastic upperlink from the kit.

TA01 upper link, probably has the same length for TL-01 not M03 ...
have you tried using the mb7 screw and cutting 3-4mm off of each ballcup adjuster (leaving enough for the screw to catch) Not sure if that would be too long still, but worth a try
Old 11-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
COMPLETELY new to the Mini's--bought an M03 "classic" Mini to run on our medium-grip carpet during breaks, etc. Can someone (or a couple someones) make a tire recommendation? Prefer something that mounts on the Minilite wheels (either reinforced or not).

Many thanks,

Scottrik
front use the Tamiya s-grip with tamiya hard sedan insert (cut to fit) with foam insert (also cut to fit).

wrap foam around wheel and then the insert around the foam.

Rear use Tamiya m-grip with tamiya hard sedan insert (cut to fit).

Tamiya use to have hard inserts for the mini wheels but discontinued them so now people are using the medium narrow hard insert (black) cut to fit the mini wheel.

Thats been the setup of choice at the track I race mini's at.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Larry. I'll see what I can find from that list--if it isn't perfect, it'll be a starting point.

Scottrik
Old 11-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by f1larry
have you tried using the mb7 screw and cutting 3-4mm off of each ballcup adjuster (leaving enough for the screw to catch) Not sure if that would be too long still, but worth a try
If you cut it, there'll be not much contact between the screw and the ballcup ...
It will pop off easily ....
Old 11-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

If you cut it, there'll be not much contact between the screw and the ballcup ...
It will pop off easily ....
you have not much options, i think cutting the adjusters is the only way to go , use glue once you screw it to aviod from pop off
Old 11-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default camber

Yes, I know but I run outlaw class ... and use foam-tires... I need extreme chamber angle 'cause the foam tires wear out so fast (the outer part).

For upper link melting, not a good idea 'cause you can't set the camber equally left and right ....

I only need a really small hook to make such turnbuckles.... not lucky so far ...

BTW thanks for the advice.
what u can do is cut the link in 1/2 thread a ti rod in each side say a corally rod and see if that will work
Old 11-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
COMPLETELY new to the Mini's--bought an M03 "classic" Mini to run on our medium-grip carpet during breaks, etc. Can someone (or a couple someones) make a tire recommendation? Prefer something that mounts on the Minilite wheels (either reinforced or not).

Many thanks,

Scottrik

So you sold 2 GenX to get a mini copper?

If you're looking for rubber setup and I really can't help you cause I'm looking myself. If you're running foams and don't need TCs legal then I have some setups
Old 11-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DrKucho
I've tried them. They aren't short enough in the front. I'm using the rears with the cups screw all the way in butted up against each other..... And they end up being about the same length as the stock plastic rear link.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.