Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 09-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niznai
That was the downunder mini mafia, a bunch of people with more expertise under their belt than all the CR kits sold worldwide. Gave it a rather scathing review. You might still find it on the interwebs.
The Mini Mafia is a bunch of guys who race Minis at the Tamiya USA track. It's a name they've claimed for a number of years. They make no claims as to their expertise or knowledge or how they rate against anyone else, but they are the real Mini Mafia.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The owner of the title "Mini Mafia" comes down to who has the t-shirts printed first - the de facto method of claiming anything these days. I propose a race to the online t-shirt shop to settle this. If it ends in a tie, there will be a sudden death thumb wrestling match, or a best of seven game of "who-can-tolerate-Nicki-Minaj-the-longest". Tie-breaker to be decided by a drunken round of cow bingo.

EDIT: I made it to 1:35 in the Nicki Minaj challenge. I'm gonna go bleach my eyes now.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is there a repository for setups somewhere? Really need a stable carpet setup for an M05 v2 in short wheel base. Wife will be running it in our novice class (25.5T) motor. Hoping to find something that she wont flip over every time she turns :P
Old 09-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Do decals count??????
Old 09-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
"who-can-tolerate-Nicki-Minaj-the-longest"[/URL]. Tie-breaker to be decided by a drunken round of cow bingo.

EDIT: I made it to 1:35 in the Nicki Minaj challenge. I'm gonna go bleach my eyes now.
Okay Jim whats wrong with Nicki Minaj???

Never mind
Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

I've got an issue with my m05 pulling to the right. I've had it on the setup station, everything is set right, but it still pulls. I've got a feeling the right hand side is getting more drive. What should I be looking at?
Old 09-22-2014, 10:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The M05 tends (I've found) to be more tweaky than other minis. Not sure why. Mine pulls right on acceleration. I've fixed this before by loosening a few chassis screws off and snugging them back down carefully. Not sure why it's worked, but it sometimes does. It's worth a shot.

Do decals count?
Yes, but you still have to watch Nicki Minaj. Sorry. Rules are rules.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
The owner of the title "Mini Mafia" comes down to who has the t-shirts printed first - the de facto method of claiming anything these days. I propose a race to the online t-shirt shop to settle this. If it ends in a tie, there will be a sudden death thumb wrestling match, or a best of seven game of "who-can-tolerate-Nicki-Minaj-the-longest". Tie-breaker to be decided by a drunken round of cow bingo.

Jim, you need professional help! I'm seeing someone that I can recommend.

P.S. I made it 23 seconds.

Last edited by howardcano; 09-23-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Granpa
The Mini Mafia is a bunch of guys who race Minis at the Tamiya USA track. It's a name they've claimed for a number of years. They make no claims as to their expertise or knowledge or how they rate against anyone else, but they are the real Mini Mafia.
Hmm.

You might want to brush up on your oz slang knowledge.

Also, need to note the difference between upper and lower case usage.

Then read my post again.

Funny to claim that there is such a thing as a REAL mini mafia (capitalised or not). Of all things!

What do they do, Granpa? Do they get together and change some neophite's rear toe-in under the cover or darkness? Or hire hitmen to scribble injurious slogans in fluoro marker on freshly painted limited edition TCS legal shells? What?!

Have a tête-à-tête with monkeyracing, he got it.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by filippimini
I've got an issue with my m05 pulling to the right. I've had it on the setup station, everything is set right, but it still pulls. I've got a feeling the right hand side is getting more drive. What should I be looking at?
Ryan, are you using the cv joints on the drive train on your 05?
If you are try pulling them apart to see if the little set pin shifted,
We recently had an issue with one coming out of place and dragging against
The shell of the axle creating drag and pulling
Old 09-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niznai
Hmm.

You might want to brush up on your oz slang knowledge.

Also, need to note the difference between upper and lower case usage.

Then read my post again.

Funny to claim that there is such a thing as a REAL mini mafia (capitalised or not). Of all things!

What do they do, Granpa? Do they get together and change some neophite's rear toe-in under the cover or darkness? Or hire hitmen to scribble injurious slogans in fluoro marker on freshly painted limited edition TCS legal shells? What?!

Have a tête-à-tête with monkeyracing, he got it.
Jim and I chat on a regular basis. Yes, he's got it. You're the one that missed the point. There's the hell angels and the Hell's Angels. Also, my post was a little tongue in cheek. Sorry that you took offense. Just wanted to see how you would react.

You're right about the Land of Oz slang though. I can't think of one Australian that I know personally. What did I miss in your post??????

I can't tell you what the Mini Mafia do!!!!!! They might put out a "hit" on me.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

No offense.

I am not of the mini mafia mentioned above, but I do admit I consistently miss points.

I think you might know some of the mini mafia downunder from using their now defunct site in the past (mini net? I think). They had an in depth review (as they did with all minis put on the market ever) of the CR and that is what I based my comments above. As it happened, I was in the market for a mini (just trying to satisfy my obsession, no competitive reasons) and had a look at the kits when they hit the local hobby shops here, but was not impressed, so gave it a miss not only based on second hand info (albeit serious, reliable and in depth documented second hand info).
Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Im enjoying this conversation. It's silly.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Me too!
And leave it to you to actually start something silly!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I didn't start this one. I simply proposed a way to settle it - a silly way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.