R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #20461
Tech Addict
 
jasons56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Mini on s grips will be fine. In sedan, it's going to be horrible if they spray.



On the M03, yes. The M05 seems to be immune to getting on the outside of the front tire.
We had to resort to CA on the outer tread on our M05 yesterday. The new carpet at the Plex has definitely brought the traction to another level.

I think if we had more time to experiment, we could get away from that on the 5. MAYBE.

The driver wants much more steering today, so we will see about that!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZenRacing
jasons56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #20462
Tech Apprentice
 
Golddust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tottenville, NYC
Posts: 89
Default

How many entries are there that its a two day TCS???
__________________
Lead Driver of Team Golddust Racing
aka: The Tottenville Terror
Golddust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #20463
Tech Elite
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 3,289
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasons56 View Post
We had to resort to CA on the outer tread on our M05 yesterday. The new carpet at the Plex has definitely brought the traction to another level.

I think if we had more time to experiment, we could get away from that on the 5. MAYBE.
My M05 absolutely requires it on the new carpet.
__________________
Howard Cano
When race results are re-calculated using the IOF (Index Of Fun), I always win.
1993 ROAR 1/8 Pan National Champion
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #20464
Tech Elite
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 3,289
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasons56 View Post
Kids are just running with the adults. They started in their own heat. Most of them are in the bottom heat after the re-sort.
Augie is sitting overall in the 7th spot. A main bubble!
GO AUGIE GO!!!
__________________
Howard Cano
When race results are re-calculated using the IOF (Index Of Fun), I always win.
1993 ROAR 1/8 Pan National Champion
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #20465
Tech Addict
 
Blue Sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Sky
Default

What area some of the things, if at all, are you guys doing to have the M05 balanced left and right? I'm finding my motor side is quite a bit heavier. Thanks.
Blue Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #20466
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
What area some of the things, if at all, are you guys doing to have the M05 balanced left and right? I'm finding my motor side is quite a bit heavier. Thanks.
I have my car with the ESC on the opposite side to the motor, that helps a lot with the balance.

If you are wanting to get more weight specifically over the right-front tyre, Tamiya now make a monster of a motor heatsink/counterweight (#54538) or you can put sticky weights on the flat area between the motor screws.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #20467
Tech Addict
 
jasons56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddust View Post
How many entries are there that its a two day TCS???
We had about 125 or so I believe.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZenRacing
jasons56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #20468
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 5,843
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
What area some of the things, if at all, are you guys doing to have the M05 balanced left and right? I'm finding my motor side is quite a bit heavier. Thanks.
You could stick the ESC opposite the motor...
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #20469
Tech Addict
 
Schs2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 710
Default

Hi guys i just installed ball bearing into my m05 and add a new spur but something in binding i hear a sound of grinding.
Any advice?
__________________
VBC Lightning 10LM, Xray T4 Touring/USGT, M05v2
Losi 8ight 3.0 E Truggy, Losi TEN MT
Traxxas Summit & RC4WD TF2 SWB

-Marc Gill
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #20470
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Take it apart, look around, and find the source. Remove it, put it back together and test. Repeat until grinding gone.

Waalah.
jjjheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #20471
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Take out one thing at a time till you find it. I'd start with the tires and work back.
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #20472
Tech Initiate
 
iti20090's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 33
Default M05 ball diff in M03

Apologies for thick in advance. The M05 (1500 bearing) and M03 (1150 bearing) ball diffs use substantially different bearing sizes where the cup shafts go through the chassis wall.

A number of the adverts show the M05 ball diff as for M05/M03/Mo6:
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1846

How does one then fit the M05 cup shafts in to the M03 chassis? Does it imply removing the M05 cup shaft system altogether and replacing with the TA03 touring system or is there an intermediate bearing with OD small enough to fit the small M03 opening but also big enough to carry the M05 cup shafts?

The reason for also this is because I would like to fit the M05 oil filled diff in to the M03 but one assumes the same conundrum still applies?

Thanks and regards
Dave
iti20090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:42 AM   #20473
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iti20090 View Post
Apologies for thick in advance. The M05 (1500 bearing) and M03 (1150 bearing) ball diffs use substantially different bearing sizes where the cup shafts go through the chassis wall.

A number of the adverts show the M05 ball diff as for M05/M03/Mo6:
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1846

How does one then fit the M05 cup shafts in to the M03 chassis? Does it imply removing the M05 cup shaft system altogether and replacing with the TA03 touring system or is there an intermediate bearing with OD small enough to fit the small M03 opening but also big enough to carry the M05 cup shafts?

The reason for also this is because I would like to fit the M05 oil filled diff in to the M03 but one assumes the same conundrum still applies?

Thanks and regards
Dave
Go back to page 1360 and read ruebiracer's posts. This may answer your question, if I understood it properly. Matthias(?) is a pretty sharp guy and probably answer your questions.

Hope this helps.
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:11 AM   #20474
Tech Initiate
 
iti20090's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
Go back to page 1360 and read ruebiracer's posts. This may answer your question, if I understood it properly. Matthias(?) is a pretty sharp guy and probably answer your questions.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Granpa, you right, it goes right to the heart of what I am after.

Cheers
Dave
iti20090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:32 AM   #20475
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
Hi guys i just installed ball bearing into my m05 and add a new spur but something in binding i hear a sound of grinding.
Any advice?
You probably stripped a gear. You'll have to take the car apart and inspect the gears. That happened to a racer yesterday.
Marc D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (2 members and 4 guests)
Dapmc3, tony gray
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:23 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0