Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 09-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
If you can't see what's obviously offensive in that name, I guess you either don't want to, or you more than agree with his subtle implications, both name and flag . That's a topic for the moderators to chim in, rather than I trying unsuccessfully to explain to you(gas..) what I know you will refuse to understand .Try to stay on topic as much as possible, next time, when there is something said that you don't understand !!!!
I don't see the problem It's a skull and cross bones. Like a Pirate. Pirate ships are cool.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Pirates and monkeys: Two of history's greatest evils.

My avatar...it's a picture of a door mat.

A tattoo on my left arm. It was my logo when I ran a small company called MonkeyRacing building oddball speed parts for oddball cars.

I'm such a bastard.

Last edited by monkeyracing; 09-18-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: To make things so clear, even an idiot could understand them.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can be derogatory about yourself all you want, but until we know it is all directed towards you(as you demonstrated), it is not cool !! Sidephil, like your name suggests, step aside from the grownup conversation, and pull up your diapers...lol.....
Old 09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default Does anyone has a new ko Sanwa servo horn to trade for futaba?

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a new ko/Sanwan servo attachment? I have an extra new Futaba one that I can trade plus new sticker from M05 Pro kit I don't use.

All my servos are Ko or Airtronics.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-futaba_servo_att.jpg  
Old 09-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Been away for a few days and just caught up with the posts over the last few days. Some interesting stuff and some not so.

Since there was quite a bit of TCS Series bashing, just thought I'd share some thoughts of someone who wasn't a big fan until I started participating. There also is a bit of whining about the rules from those of us that do race the TCS series. Seems like you can't keep everyone happy. Also, each country has slightly different rules. For example, in the USA series, no factory sponsored drivers are eligible to compete and at one time this was not so in Europe. Canadian motor rules are different than ours.

However, the rules are easy to comply with and for the most part sensible. The purpose of the rules are to, for the most part, level the playing field and keep the costs for the competitors down. The other purpose is to promote Tamiya as a company. They certainly don't make any money at it cause there is no entry fee----YES, that's right, free racing. They give away thousands of dollars of prizes in their raffle and to the winners of the races. Did I forget to mention that the raffle tickets are free. Also, the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo, CA is open every Saturday for anyone with a Tamiya car to practice on.

Frankly, this is one of the best deals in the world and Mini is super competitve. If you're a "hot shot" Mini pilot, the place to prove it is in the TCS series. Although I'd sure like to spend about a month racing Minis in Australia cause they really seem to have their act together.

Please note, my comments are strictly about the USA, cause I am not familiar with the Mini "scene" else where. Found out from a long and eventful life, that it's best not to comment on Stuff I knew little about.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by straightaway
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a new ko/Sanwan servo attachment? I have an extra new Futaba one that I can trade plus new sticker from M05 Pro kit I don't use.

All my servos are Ko or Airtronics.

Thanks.
just built a m05 kit, and i used a futaba standard servo... so, i have the spare airtronics horn...

pm me
Old 09-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

No grown up runs Corally anymore !!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

BertrandSV87 !!!!!!!

We know what you are. Go troll somewhere else.

Anyone here running the HPI AE86 body on their M chassis? How well does it fit? The dimensions look okay.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Im sorry guys.. i think you have it wrong. Yes at this track there is an entry level class and i wouldnt even think about doing anything like what i said in it, nor even enterthe class as my sponsor would frown apon it. A bunch of us experinced driver made up a class which we set rules for as seen above. 100 retail on speedo limit, stock style motor, and stock parts no aftermarket cooper parts aloud except for bearings,spring set,swaybars,alum hexs,and lp tires. Its kinda like mod what we want with what we have with stock parts. like lighten the chassis with dremal,or making the gears free, stuff like that. I just simply ask you guys for suggestions ask many of you seem to have alot of time with this car..

o and sorry for the bad grammer an spelling it is all done on a I phone. didnt know i would be graded on it!

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
- Just run the class as it is. It's certainly designed to be entry level and affordable. Why buy in and then complain about it?
- The motor is a Mabuchi. Dip it, clean it, run it.
- The stock ESC should be plenty for what you're doing.
- Don't cheat. Zapping, tweaking and all that are usually just compensation for bad driving.
- Punctuation, grammar and syntax are words you should Google.

Jim
Old 09-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Mr W...nut, the Hpi A86 Body won't handle good at all compared to tamiya body !!! Specially not in the Edmonton snow...ahah...no wonder your to do list is so long...lol...killed any grizzlies lately...or should it be the other way around !!! Anyways good luck with your M chassis W...nut !!!7
Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
Im sorry guys.. i think you have it wrong...
Well, in that case, I suppose all you can really do is look for places to gain efficiency. Keep the gears dry or use a tiny squirt of spray silicone on them. Be sure the bearings are super clean, with only a single drop of light oil in them. Run the suspension and alignment as low and as neutral as you can get away with to gain a little speed. Then tweak to suit your driving style. RC-MINI.NET is the absolute gospel of minis. As far as making the car lighter, that may not be the best idea, depending on your track. Some have found minis like a little junk in the trunk to help them stick.

My apologies if I offended with the snappy comment on grammar, etc. I was cranky.

Jim
Old 09-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is the m05 a better racer compared to the m03?
Old 09-19-2011, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GasGod
Hmmm... good question.

Short answer is I don't think there is much between them, some still prefer the M-03, most run the M-05 now.

I remember when I had an M-03 (a little while back mind you), you could prettymuch build it out of the box and put it on the track and it would work. Not really the case with the M-05. I'll try and explain the differences...

1. M-05 has a lower centre of gravity (good)
2. M-03 has a more forward weight distribution (good for most situations). You can move the weight forward on an M-05 by running medium or long wheelbase.
3. M-05 has a few more possible adjustments (good but you are unlikely to use them)
4. M-05 needs some steering upgrades otherwise it is very unstable. Minimum is a hi-torque servo saver and the aluminim steering posts. Other useful/essential hop-ups are the same as on the M-03 (oil shocks, tighter diff, bearings, short springs, tyres for your track).

My advice is that if you are an inexperienced racer/builder with a very limited budget start with an M-03. If you have a little more experience then run an M-05 and be prepared to spend a little bit more on the upgrades.

The new M-05 S-spec is a really good model to base your racer on.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

If I have the m03 rtr Suzuki, what other bodies can I use?

Last edited by YankeeFan123; 09-19-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GasGod
It depends on the track surface you race on. M05 on carpet or hi grip tracks. The M03 for the lower grip tracks.

In most of the racing in the USA, the M03 is the better choice. Sosidge's analysis is fairly accurate although I can't agree with all of it. He did leave out one of the most important advantages of the 03, it is just so much easier to work on.

I believe the main reasons for the popularity of the 05 over the 03 is that the 05 is the newer car so it must be better reasoning. The other is cosmetic in that the M05 chassis just looks better. The M03 just looks sort of "clunky" in comparison. The last reason is that, for some reason, the M05 just "feels" faster, but a look at the lap times will soon prove that what feels fast isn't always the fastest.

My preference is for the MO3 cause it has a wider tuning envelope, cheaper, simpler with fewer parts, more rugged, and is so much easier to drive. Just my opinion and may differ from the experiences of others.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.