R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #15721
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys, tamiya universals ,even with ball diff, will be at a disadvantage against the new ECS drives out there !!! Maybe JD should consider checking them out before spending money on an inferior drive !!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #15722
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Guys, tamiya universals ,even with ball diff, will be at a disadvantage against the new ECS drives out there !!! Maybe JD should consider checking them out before spending money on an inferior drive !!!
But are they TSC Legal ????
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #15723
Tech Champion

These are drives, they should be legal ! I never heard of a ban on drive designs ! If there is one, then I think that's wrong . It's like having a ban on alloy wheel nuts !!!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #15724
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
they should be legal !
Lol, I remember saying that prior to reading the SOLO autocrossing rulebook. :P
Feijai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #15725
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
I never heard of a ban on drive designs ! If there is one, then I think that's wrong . It's like having a ban on alloy wheel nuts !!!
Guess you've never a TCS race before? They control wheel nuts, too.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #15726
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
But are they TSC Legal ????
No they are not..
Old 09-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #15727
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

TCS is Tamiya parts only.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #15728
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default M05L rear sway bay -how to?

WHen I changed my M05 from Mid to Long, it seems I've lost the ability to put the rear sway bar back on. The swat bar ball link location for the Mid is now taken up by the shock mounting in the Long setup. Is there a way to run the Long with the Tamiya rear sway bar?
Old 09-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #15729
Tech Champion

Tamiya parts only includes tamiya shims, tamiya body clips , tamiya wires, tamiya battery connectors, tamiya screws, tamiya servo tape, tamiya solder, tamiya radio on tamiya only frequency etc...lol... Give me a break !!!! Show me where they say it is not legal !!!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #15730
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Blue Screw

i just bought a mini copper for a spec class at my local hobbyshop zaks im tired of the owner making him self look like god andpicking on these guys and down grading equipment and phraise his its like a spec class silver can mabutici motor,and speedo retailed under 100.00,any servo, certian parts ar aloowed taymias bearing,alum wheel hex,diff tires,swaybars,gearing,springs

heres the power rules its there stock silver can mabutiti motor i think they call it that... any 1500 stickpack and any speedo that doesnt retail over 100 bucks , but it comes with a digital speedo.
speedo number is teu104bk they say it fine with this carits not big but im sure there better any ideas? 2 the batt i dont think i ever ran a 1500 nicd ever... my 1st race packe were sanyo 2000the brown ones but i dont have to run ther goofy connectors for one.. i i wasthinking making a stick pack but mount the cells side by side so i could use it on a real discharger on my much mores dischargers, but the pack they sold me wasa duratractraxshark 1500 7.2it was like 15or 16 buck ok well i just cut it open to see what cells they were and no markings... black heatshrink/then carboardtube the silver cells... there has to be something better with more voltage i mean right away im def gonna resolder to a reajoint, and make itlight andso air goesthrough.. but has to be a better 1500
Now to the MOTOR for what i been told theres a couple verions out some are better then other.. Inever raced this either zi do know u have to water dip these babys fora long time.. also was thinking in maybegetting like a coppercompound andkeep applying a little bit to the shaftsand bushing so at 1st it breaks them in the polish them, Theres also 2 slot near the brush an comm were u can see everything def enoungh room in tweak the spring tension. Also i remeber back in the Day a silver can wrap that increased mag feild? Man i never should of sold my fantom fax dyno/Trinity GOOOOD mag zapper u no the one deiter used cost like2000 and my xipp/integy cell zapper but i this they were bs but ya only reason i bought this beacue i cant stand him anymore down gradeingpeople and say thisstuff is junk anhisproducts are far better just enough is enough and i gotta embrass him! its only gonna be run at zaks hobbis it 60x40 and the striaght come out and the weeks progress he changes layout every 2 weeks.

he says its more of a creative class so i can add weight, reduce weight, but i cant put ae/losi ect parts on it just what stock parts are.. examples would be like make ur own adjustable camber link, ect... we can use lp tires, both spring set long and short,swaybars,metal hexs,bearings...
XRAY~RCAMERICA~HUDY~SRC~MURNAN MODS
Blue Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #15731
Tech Champion

Quote:
Tamiya parts only includes tamiya shims, tamiya body clips , tamiya wires, tamiya battery connectors, tamiya screws, tamiya servo tape, tamiya solder, tamiya radio on tamiya only frequency etc...lol... Give me a break !!!! Show me where they say it is not legal !!!!!
Really? You can't find this stuff yourself? Quote from US TCS rules, found under the heading "CHASSIS" A link to the TCS rules page follows.

"All Tamiya vehicles must use Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified within this document."

TCS 2011

Since we're on the subject, non-Tamiya screws, shims, electronics, connectors, body clips, solder, servo tape, batteries and many other things are legal. The chassis, stem to stern and all hop up parts must be Tamiya.

Thank Jeebus I don't run TCS!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:46 AM   #15732
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Screw View Post
i just bought a mini copper for a spec class at my local hobbyshop...
- Just run the class as it is. It's certainly designed to be entry level and affordable. Why buy in and then complain about it?
- The motor is a Mabuchi. Dip it, clean it, run it.
- The stock ESC should be plenty for what you're doing.
- Don't cheat. Zapping, tweaking and all that are usually just compensation for bad driving.
- Punctuation, grammar and syntax are words you should Google.

Jim
Old 09-18-2011, 03:35 AM   #15733
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
- Punctuation, grammar and syntax are words you should Google.

Jim
Ooh harsh call Jim...accurate though....
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:48 AM   #15734
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
These are drives, they should be legal ! I never heard of a ban on drive designs ! If there is one, then I think that's wrong . It's like having a ban on alloy wheel nuts !!!
I'll ! Tell !! You !!! One !!!! Thing !!!!! Illegal !!!!!! For !!!!!!! TCS !!!!!!!! ,
EXCLAMATION MARKS ON CONCLUSION OF EVERY SENTENCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Google " full stop " ............... They can be useful , particularly at the end of a sentence "." Caps are good if you like to shout your opinion at everyone !

Nobody forces you to race TCS venues, their rules wouldn't suit me either. .....
Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #15735
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayrace24 View Post
WHen I changed my M05 from Mid to Long, it seems I've lost the ability to put the rear sway bar back on. The swat bar ball link location for the Mid is now taken up by the shock mounting in the Long setup. Is there a way to run the Long with the Tamiya rear sway bar?

you should have flipped the arms over, thus shocks being on the inside and then swaybar on the back of the mini. it shows this in either manual or swaybar manual paper.
On road - Race Opt - Team Powers
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote