R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #15331
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy622 View Post
Well i just got home with my new proline protoform panel wagon body for my M05 and holy crap is it a long body for that wheel base! The body probably sticks out 2-3in's in the front and 3in's in the back. I don't know what proline was thinking but it seems to me that the body is way to long for the car. Be cautious when purchasing.
Will it fit a M03 as well?
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #15332
Tech Regular
 
Fluffy622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It says it fits all M-Chassis cars, as long as its a 225mm wheelbase.
Fluffy622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #15333
Tech Addict
 
Zac_with_no_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitrc View Post
The shocks are the same. NOt sure about the springs.

You need to rebuild the shocks with the 6mm spacer inside them. I would recommend getting a set of the "short" Tamiya springs, these are the right length to get good ride height on a Mini.
Thanks.
I actually have a bunch of different kinds of short tamiya springs because I accidently got them for my touring car.

I don't have to add more spacers if I use these just let the shocks compress that much and put them back on?

What hardness levels should I use? soft front medium for rear?

I also have 45 and 35 weight shock oil. would either of these be better than the stock Tamiya shock oil?

Any advice helps,
thanks

Zac
__________________
TA05v.II
Tamiya M-05
SC10 Brushless RTR
Zac_with_no_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:58 PM   #15334
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 10
Default

Does this fit a M05 as well? Anyone tryed one?
3Racing gear diff for M06
They have them at RCMart.
4beenevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:39 AM   #15335
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beenevil View Post
Does this fit a M05 as well? Anyone tryed one?
3Racing gear diff for M06
They have them at RCMart.
Your answer is ONLY 1 page back.
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:19 AM   #15336
Tech Apprentice
 
digitrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K View Post
Thanks.
I actually have a bunch of different kinds of short tamiya springs because I accidently got them for my touring car.

I don't have to add more spacers if I use these just let the shocks compress that much and put them back on?

What hardness levels should I use? soft front medium for rear?

I also have 45 and 35 weight shock oil. would either of these be better than the stock Tamiya shock oil?

Any advice helps,
thanks

Zac
You use the spacers on the outside to set your ride height. Most people run the Mini with the arms level or just below.

Normally people run a stiffer spring on the front. So medium front, soft rear to start.

Shock oil is your choice and is used to tune the car. Any of those oils will be a fine starting point.
__________________
David Allen - www.digitrc.co.uk - Xevo - Much-More Racing UK
digitrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #15337
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Post #15281 on page 1019 will answer your question regarding the 3Racing oil gear diff. This fits all MO5 and MO6 mini kits.

Photos, are included in that post.

Mr Lee,

I ran the S-Spec mini on friday night at Castlehill, which is a tight technical track. I used the 1.5 degree rear hubs, with the alloy one degree rear bottom plate, giving a total of 2.5 degrees rear toe in.

I also used a ABC Mitsubishi Colt body and small 55mm rubber tyres front and rear. I also ran blue and yellow short TRF springs with a rear swaybar.

Initially the car was way to responsive, so I adjusted my radio settings and the car was way better to drive. The car had excellent corner speed and still changed direction really well. I think with a few more tweaks the car will be even better.

After running the car I checked the shocks and found that one had no oil , that would have caused some handling deficiencies. I have since rebuilt the shocks and look forward to testing again this weekend.

All in all the car was very good. I will see if I can get the car as good as my MO5LWB. I could actually get the car up on two wheels and the car was still stable when being pushed hard through corners.

Later,

Calvin.
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #15338
Tech Addict
 
Zac_with_no_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitrc View Post
You use the spacers on the outside to set your ride height. Most people run the Mini with the arms level or just below.

Normally people run a stiffer spring on the front. So medium front, soft rear to start.

Shock oil is your choice and is used to tune the car. Any of those oils will be a fine starting point.
Thanks!
__________________
TA05v.II
Tamiya M-05
SC10 Brushless RTR
Zac_with_no_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:51 AM   #15339
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek1 View Post
Mr Lee,

I ran the S-Spec mini on friday night at Castlehill, which is a tight technical track. I used the 1.5 degree rear hubs, with the alloy one degree rear bottom plate, giving a total of 2.5 degrees rear toe in.

I also used a ABC Mitsubishi Colt body and small 55mm rubber tyres front and rear. I also ran blue and yellow short TRF springs with a rear swaybar.

Initially the car was way to responsive, so I adjusted my radio settings and the car was way better to drive. The car had excellent corner speed and still changed direction really well. I think with a few more tweaks the car will be even better.

After running the car I checked the shocks and found that one had no oil , that would have caused some handling deficiencies. I have since rebuilt the shocks and look forward to testing again this weekend.

All in all the car was very good. I will see if I can get the car as good as my MO5LWB. I could actually get the car up on two wheels and the car was still stable when being pushed hard through corners.

Later,

Calvin.
Thank for the feedback Calvin

Please keep us posted on your findings.
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #15340
Tech Regular
 
Fluffy622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Panel Wagon Body

Here are some pics of the new proline protoform panel wagon body painted up. I just have it sitting on my M05.


Tamiya mini cooper-pw2.jpg

Tamiya mini cooper-pw1.jpg

Tamiya mini cooper-pw.jpg
Fluffy622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:49 AM   #15341
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy622 View Post
Here are some pics of the new proline protoform panel wagon body painted up. I just have it sitting on my M05.


Attachment 789987

Attachment 789998

Attachment 790000
Would be really nice to see some normal sized pictures of the shell.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:17 AM   #15342
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Would be really nice to see some normal sized pictures of the shell.
+1
__________________
B.Portelli
Hyper RC - Metro Hobbies - RAB Hobbies - Wild Turbo Fans
Off road - Schumacher - R1Wurks Australia (Coupon Code - R1BP5%)
On road - Race Opt - Team Powers
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:27 AM   #15343
Tech Regular
 
Mr_Gleeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

+2
__________________
www.tamiyarcmini.com ..............Check out my new web page

"Remember when all else fails stick to the gunuine Tamiya parts because you could of saved heaps!"
Mr_Gleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:29 AM   #15344
Tech Regular
 
Mr_Gleeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Not much bigger than my avatar actually
__________________
www.tamiyarcmini.com ..............Check out my new web page

"Remember when all else fails stick to the gunuine Tamiya parts because you could of saved heaps!"
Mr_Gleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 AM   #15345
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Just in case........ Some bigger pics wouldn't go astray
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0