R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #16
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Send a message via AIM to KDagh1 Send a message via MSN to KDagh1

All -

Thanks for the assistance. Paul, I sent you a PM.

KDagh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

to give the stright forward honest answer to your question, i would go with either car, run rubber tires and tune your car to them, you dont have to worry about tire's being trued or anything then, makes it 1 less thing to worry about when your racing. If your worried about the xrays clearance, if possible move over to Li-Po and the problem is solved. Don't worry about it too much if you can't there's an article on xray's site about how to solve it. I have one of my mates sitting on the desk and it looks nice. You have got over your first hurdle by narrowing your choices down to whats run at your track. gud look mate, and have fun, remember they're only toys.
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #18
Regional Moderator
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Tracks

Since your origional post seems to be about developing your skills for the good of your "racing future" I thought I would bring up something I find very important to becoming a well rounded driver.

Get to as many tracks as you can. Run carpet, new and old. Run asphalt, new and old, hot and cold. Run indoor and outdoor. And yes practice is good.

The differences from track to track can be huge causing you to have to realy work on set-ups. This is a much needed skill.

Until this winter I had only ran asphalt. I was quite comfortable running on asphalt no matter where I was. But then on my first day of runnin rug, wow, what a slap in the junk! I basicly tested and tunned on the car for like 6 hours before I had it to a point where I felt comfortable with it. So, I went back to that track every chance I had to learn more and more.

Now, with the asphalt (outdoor) season just around the corner I feel even more confident than ever as I have learned so much about my car and set-ups in general. Sure, Im no Massami or whatever, but Im certanly not afraid to try something new on a car as I have a good idea what the results may be.

Good Luck.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by thebradthebrad; 07-30-2010 at 06:37 PM.
thebradthebrad is offline   Reply With Quote