i have had one of these cars , and i fooled with it a bit lately.
1. if you are trying carpet, take the front suspension mount and reverse it so it produces anti dive. This also reduces caster, and this car has a lot for carpet anyway.
2. Move the camber link to the upper kingpin screw on the hub. You have to remove the ear on the hub carrier. Basically this makes the car steer harder in the center of the turn. Very good for foam and rubber. Here is a link to more pictures and details. Atlas YM34 Thread
3. Move the front shock to the inner hole on the arm and the rear shock to the outer most hole on the arm. These positions seem to work best. Also the outer two holes on the rear tower seem best as well, but experiment.
4. Put the steering link in the forward hole on the knuckle. It makes the car react faster
5. go to the upper outer hole on the front camber link, and make the rear as long as possible. That is put the ballstud on the bulkhead, outer hole on the hub.
For rubber start around 40-50wt oil, stock spring is ok, or around 12-15lbs rating. Drill droop screws in the arm to make your life easier.