R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-17-2003, 04:13 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
Send a message via AIM to Accord
Exclamation Severe Glitching Problem - Please Help!

I am using a 3PK radio in HRS mode with a HiTech digital servo and an LRP Quantum Competition speed control. All of this is in my brand new XRay T1 Evo2 and all of the electronics are brand new. I just hooked up everything and setup the ESC, I am having SEVERE glitching from my digital servo. If I even simply touch the outside of the servo it will go nuts and start buzzing. All of the wires and connections are fine, i've tried everything I could think of. When the car is completely in neutral, the wheels shake slightly left and right very quickly, when I give it throttle the glitching gets even worse. Mind you, I do NOT even have a motor installed in the car and it still glitches when I give it throttle!

Any help is appreciated, i've got a race tomorrow so hopefully I can get this problem sorted out by then.

Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:39 PM   #2
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'll do my best, I hate glitching problems personally myself. If you have a spare servo lying around, preferably an analog one, give that a try first. The key to solving any radio giltch problem is to be patient and change only one thing at a time. This process of elimination will help you pinpoint the problem. Start with the following:

1. Change the servo. If you still have the problem...
2. Change to a different set of crystals
3. Change to another receiver
4. change the module on your radio (if your radio has one)
5. change speedo

Since you didn't have a motor installed, you can eliminate that from your list (it's kinda strange that you would have that severe of a radio hit without a motor). But when you put in the motor, make sure you have the proper amount and the correct type of capacitor on the motor.

It is rare that a servo can cause radio problem, but it does happen. Good luck and remember to be patient!

Steve Wang
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:44 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

hmm try a capacitor on the reciever but only on the battery input.
the servo may be pulling to much current from the reciever?!
i d try another sevo than another reciever.if u put the throttle to full with no motor the speedo is still giving out current.try it and listen out for a frequancy from the sppedo.
wot id do is put power caps on the speedo and reciever
trf man is offline   Reply With Quote