Wiki Posts
Search

Trackside summary....Jim Dieter

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
People are always going to find a way to push the envolope and get right to the edge of blowing stuff up in an effort to go fast. It's just unfortunate that with brushless now we're risking blowing up a $90 brushless motor instead of a $35 brushed motor.
indeed
Old 01-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So let me get this straight, brushless motors can blow up, rotors have to be replaced, brushed motors do blow up and brushes have to be replaced. Speedos do blow up no matter what technology. No batteries, if used correctly, ever blow up, but none of them last forever.

Oh man, me and my buddy ogopogo where going to ride our unicorns into town, but we ran into Dorthy and the tin man, and they said Shangrala was the other direction, the only thing this way was Dieter and Howart in very small bathing suits.

JIMMY say it isn't so........

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 01-09-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

People are always going to find a way to push the envolope and get right to the edge of blowing stuff up in an effort to go fast. It's just unfortunate that with brushless now we're risking blowing up a $90 brushless motor instead of a $35 brushed motor.

Buy a temp gun and you won't blow up motors left and right....

even if turns out to be even money on replacement parts I would still go with brushless just for the fact that I don't need to worry about the motor not unless I seriously F^c* things up. With brushed you pretty much need to work on the motor all day long by changing brushes, cutting comm, replacing comms, and zapping magnets and still blow it up after... lol
Old 01-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

So who exactly was blowing up motors??? And who was it that went through 5 rotors???
Old 01-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
So who exactly was blowing up motors??? And who was it that went through 5 rotors???
And did said person make an A? :-D
Old 01-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Are you telling me that a person such as yourself who tq'd and won 2 classes didn't go through that many motors and/or rotors?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

My 13.5 was bought at last years Novak race and my 10.5 is 3 months old and was abused on the off road track....same rotors as the day they were purchased
Old 01-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

My 13.5 was bought at last years Novak race and my 10.5 is 3 months old and was abused on the off road track....same rotors as the day they were purchased
And there you have it. The fastest dude in two classes ran the same old dealio..... Thanks Josh!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default tech

wouldn't a handout speedo be too costly? to equalize the speedo settings, the speedos should be designed to take a memory chip (like microSD or something) and you'd have handout mem chips with standardized esc profiles. they would be collected at the end of the race and tech'd.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quantum
wouldn't a handout speedo be too costly? to equalize the speedo settings, the speedos should be designed to take a memory chip (like microSD or something) and you'd have handout mem chips with standardized esc profiles. they would be collected at the end of the race and tech'd.
Why stop there? Handout chassis, too!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So James, am i going to see you in GT2 with a BL/lipo?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

I just don't understand how everyone burned down motors. Doesn't the motor have auto shut down to prevent damage. Or did everyone disconnect the thermo protection?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry..had to do some work, back now. Cookie, LRP speedos ran cool, but the motors ran hot. I think Novak's ran a little warmer, but neither went thermal. Rugrat..no fans, internal or external. Will next time. Josh ran rubber tire, didnt seem as hard on things. Probably a lesson in that....Johnny W. Cant stop laughing over the thought of me and Rick in those little queer suites...just shouldnt be legal.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:46 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The other revolutionary idea that I have proposed in the past is to eliminate motor motor classifications completely.

Let any one use any motor, but divide the classes by voltage. So you will have 3-cell (it will work), 4-cell, 5-cell, 7.4V LiPo Enduro, all using the same motors. With BL, we are all using the same motors anyway (specs, price, features), so why not?
I'll tell you why not... because then there won't be as much stuff to cry about on the internet.

I love this idea, but I don't think there needs to be so many classes. I know your suggestion mimics Stock, 19T, Mod, and guys can run 2 classes for the track time. However, why not just have 2 classes and add the track time in the form of more heats in the same class?

Lets just have 4.8V TC and 7.4V TC.
Makes tech more effective too (and easier).

Last edited by JKA; 01-09-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Riddled with Typos
Old 01-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
So James, am i going to see you in GT2 with a BL/lipo?
Maybe........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.