Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Old 12-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNIPR
Hopefully the price of the Exotek chassis at $137.99 is going to come down given that you have to purchase shock towers and ifs setup separately. When comparing the Exotek to the VBC Racing you get everything from towers/ifs including an additional hex screw kit for $149.99...

I am still on the fence whether the looks and being different is really worth it w/ the TA06 Pro VBC Racing kit at $400. I mean you could buy a Mi4LP for $235 slightly used on RCTECH - I have even seen the Mi4cx on here for $250 shipped. Just something to think about... Decisions decisions....
I was VERY surprized at the price also. The rest of the kits are around $75 this is double that price(IFS version)WHY?

I am strongly considering waiting on my purchase. If it was the $80 range, I would get it in a heart beat. $160(plus shipping) is a whole 'nother chassis. $300 for a TA06 and $150 for this is 450. that 417/416 territory.....
Old 12-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Because that is what drew me to this chassis along w/ the battery being directly in the middle like the E4RS which handles incredible. I really wanted something that was different then every other chassis out there... But the more I look on rctech f/s the more I am considering other TC's for the price points...

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
(IFS version)WHY? (
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Because that is what drew me to this chassis along w/ the battery being directly in the middle like the E4RS which handles incredible. I really wanted something that was different then every other chassis out there... But the more I look on rctech f/s the more I am considering other TC's for the price points...
I agree that is why I got this chassis too. However, my comment was regarding the ifs. VErsion of the exotek kit is 134.95 +20.00 = $154.95 plus shipping. 90% of thier kits are 74.95. Sure the f104 is 119 but that was completely reengineered.

This price is way out of my pocketbook. (for now) maybe later they may change the price or offer the ifs version at that price.(being as how this is reengineered a bit also.) there may also be another company to release another kit.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Competitors price:
$149.99

- 2.5mm Graphite Chassis - #57101
- 2.0mm Graphite Upper Deck - #57102
- 3.0mm Graphite Front and Rear Shock Towers - #57105 + 6
- 2.0mm Graphite Front Top Bumper plate - #57108
- 2.0mm Graphite Side Servo Plate - #57103
- 2.0mm Graphite Side ESC Plate - #57103
- 3.0mm Graphite Battery Mounts - #57104
- All 7075 Aluminum Parts
- Full Set TA06/TA06 Pro Hardened Hex Screws

*this includes all the parts listed. Sure its $10 more than Exotek's asking price, but you get front and rear shock towers, bumper support and a full screw set...

While "shopping", there's tons of competition that is offering way more for the same price or the same for a less price. Mike, I hope that you guys adjust that price, Im a HUGE advocate for your company and this doesnt seem like the previous "Phenominal product at an aggressive price" model that your other kits represent.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

why change the original chassis ? I am not really understanding this. Yes carbon is lighter.. but will it really make that much difference? I would just drive the car for what it is. If I want a RACE car then get the 417 or xray ect. (not that the Ta06 is not a race car. I think it is very capable and I also think not many have yet given this car a chance.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Profoxcg
why change the original chassis ? I am not really understanding this. Yes carbon is lighter.. but will it really make that much difference? I would just drive the car for what it is. If I want a RACE car then get the 417 or xray ect. (not that the Ta06 is not a race car. I think it is very capable and I also think not many have yet given this car a chance.
I believe that Sonic has the most "raceable" Ta06 that has posted so far. His is weighing in at 1400 grams with every lightweight part avail. Carbon will combine weight savings, stregnth, optimal flex and proper aerodynamics all in one package. Most companies make kits that "improve" on the manufacturers design(i.e. Exotek, CRC, TechRacing Driftversion) These, come at a price. The Exotek is $140 for just the chassis, the CRC is $150 for chassis, front and rear towers, carbon servo mount, bumper support and etc listed above. Then you have some that are just OUTRAGEOUS. Like the TechRacing Drift. Its $400 but comes with the entire chassis, shocks, springs, screws (and still must be lined with platinum for that price)

there are other more "modest" companies liekt he TechRacing carbon which is just plain jane. Same setup as stock, just carbon. And the AlienRacing and the other that another rctech.net racer is building. these are probably going to be more competitively priced.

If you arent concerned with keeping up with Mi4's, 416/417's, TeamMagic etc. Then a carbon chassis is not really needed. as stated by Snipr(I believe) these small differences wont be noticed by 90% of drivers. but what will be noticed is you shaving nearly 300 grams off the stock setup. You will QUICKLY improve lap times, acceleration, handling and top end. Plus the ability to cater YOUR chassis to YOUR driving style.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

I concur, but w/ the exception it is a VBC Racing Kit - Only CRC (Calandra Racing Concepts) is the USA distributor... I too hope Mike (of Exotek as I too really like his products and his pricing seemed really fair) takes note on what we posted and makes adjustments to better fit in w/ the price point. I think I am really leaning towards a Mi4LP or Mi4cx as it is $309 @ A Main Hobbies minus $25 coupon code and thats $285!!! I have this month to make up my mind, this one is tuff...

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
I believe that Sonic has the most "raceable" Ta06 that has posted so far. His is weighing in at 1400 grams with every lightweight part avail. Carbon will combine weight savings, stregnth, optimal flex and proper aerodynamics all in one package. Most companies make kits that "improve" on the manufacturers design(i.e. Exotek, CRC, TechRacing Driftversion) These, come at a price. The Exotek is $140 for just the chassis, the CRC is $150 for chassis, front and rear towers, carbon servo mount, bumper support and etc listed above. Then you have some that are just OUTRAGEOUS. Like the TechRacing Drift. Its $400 but comes with the entire chassis, shocks, springs, screws (and still must be lined with platinum for that price)

there are other more "modest" companies liekt he TechRacing carbon which is just plain jane. Same setup as stock, just carbon. And the AlienRacing and the other that another rctech.net racer is building. these are probably going to be more competitively priced.

If you arent concerned with keeping up with Mi4's, 416/417's, TeamMagic etc. Then a carbon chassis is not really needed. as stated by Snipr(I believe) these small differences wont be noticed by 90% of drivers. but what will be noticed is you shaving nearly 300 grams off the stock setup. You will QUICKLY improve lap times, acceleration, handling and top end. Plus the ability to cater YOUR chassis to YOUR driving style.

Last edited by SNIPR; 12-02-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

^
yeah but then if you want to keep up with those cars then just get a 417? I
don't know. In reality you cannot run IFS in a TC class, so then then only advantage would be the battery in the center.

anyway I need help..

When I start to drive my car is make the sound below:
Once it gets going there not problem.. A few weeks back when I went into my LHS, some guy did something to the rear dif (like he was holding the spur and trying to spins the rear wheels. Then the car when click. At the time I was missing electronic and such so I had not tested the car prior. I wonder if he broke something? I am dreading having to open the car...

Also keep in mind I am not running a sensorwire at the moment bc its too short, but this only happens when the car is loaded (on the ground or had pressure on the tires.

Last edited by Profoxcg; 12-03-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cause the 417 is $590 at Towerhobbies. $100 less you can get s411 & $300 less you can get a Mi4cx... I am not sure why you can't run IFS in TC class? Have you seen the Awesomatrix car - it does incredibly well against standard shock mounted cars...

^
yeah but then if you want to keep up with those cars then just get a 417? I
don't know. In reality you cannot run IFS in a TC class, so then then only advantage would be the battery in the center.

Last edited by SNIPR; 12-02-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

^ I meant low front bodies not IFS. Either way I need to get my car working right, any ideas?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

When I start to drive my car is make the sound below:
Once it gets going there not problem.. A few weeks back when I went into my LHS, some guy did something to the rear dif (like he was holding the spur and trying to spins the rear wheels. Then the car when click. At the time I was missing electronic and such so I had not tested the car prior. I wonder if he broke something? I am dreading having to open the car...

Also keep in mind I am not running a sensorwire at the moment bc its too short, but this only happens when the car is loaded (on the ground or had pressure on the tires.
sounds like the motor is cogging... try plugging in a working sensor wire...

what esc are you running?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
sounds like the motor is cogging... try plugging in a working sensor wire...

what esc are you running?
I am running a KO BLZ 350.
It doesn't sound like a dif problem? What will the sensor wire do (I do not know, not questioning your recommendation)
Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

The control from speedo to motor will be much smoother at slower speeds...

It doesn't sound like a dif problem? What will the sensor wire do (I do not know, not questioning your recommendation)
Old 12-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have to agree with motor cogging. If the ESC is made for sensored motors and you arent using it, the esc is trying to fill in data when timing the motor. The specs say that it is a sensored or a sensorless esc, make sure the sensored setting is turned off.

How much ceramic grease did you use when you built the tranny? That grease helps keep noise, friction and heat down.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I concur, but w/ the exception it is a VBC Racing Kit - Only CRC (Calandra Racing Concepts) is the USA distributor... I too hope Mike (of Exotek as I too really like his products and his pricing seemed really fair) takes note on what we posted and makes adjustments to better fit in w/ the price point. I think I am really leaning towards a Mi4LP or Mi4cx as it is $309 @ A Main Hobbies minus $25 coupon code and thats $285!!! I have this month to make up my mind, this one is tuff...
I've stated my opinion (in regards to price. $140 is too high. that would be more competitive if that price included the IFS parts and shipping within 48 states) but your comment in regards in price comparison is accurate. a TA06 is ~$300. this conversion is 140. $440 for a chassis that is still much heavier than most of the competiton isnt very logical.

RCGT isnt as popular as TC, and there isnt too much scrutiny on the rules. There are definately people running incredibly light chassis and expect that stock ta06's to keep up. the carbon conversions will help in making it more competitve. but the question still remains, is it worth $450 to build a car that MIGHT keep up with already proven(and cheaper) winners?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.