Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Probably should have asked this before purchasing a kit... But do trinity/epic motors not fit without modding the chassis? If not then I'll have a half assembled kit up for sale soon...
Every motor will fit. Just add a couple of spacers if needed to clear the plastic. I just moved the motor tabs to a different angle instead of straight up and the trinity motor went in fine.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hurricane Sonic
DIY rear damper stay

What shock tower is that from. Or is a TA06 tower and what brand. Thats what I have been looking for. Thanks in advance
Old 11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
I am a Gayzer.
You've had the car for 6 months already. Have you put it together yet?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New stuff for the TA-06!!

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...rticle&sid=149
Old 11-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yup VBC Racing... Look back a couple pages. CRC is the sole dist. for VBC in the states. I am just waiting to see what Exotek comes out with slowly - lol

Originally Posted by dumper
Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Both of the chassis I have listed are made specifically for drifting w/ the exception to the TC-FD which comes with all pulleys for either one minus the CS stuff unfortunitly... I am not saying this chassis will not work but what it will take to match the Tamiya VDF - just buy the VDF... Either way wrong thread for this debate

No debate, just a VERY experienced opinion. The VDF is nice, and sure, it has bling, and costs a fortune, but its 80% setup and 20% driver. I have been overtaken and defeated by drivers with a basic TA05 with TEF dampers or a basic Yokomo MR4-TC. They were just better drivers/drifters than I. The TA06 is considerably lighter than the VDF(even though the VDF is carbon and aluminum) The benefit the ta06 has is the weigh distribution. The lack of side weight allows it to transition much quicker and predictable.

I am sorry but no one is going to notice that little bit of difference in weight unless you are a factory pro driver such as Marc Rheinard... $70 vs $21 for hex over philips is a positive in my book. If you are going to race in RCGT/USGT/VTA you need the added weight and the minimum is set so high.
The car is heavy, as stated above, its lighter than the VDF but still a cow compared to other chassis like TC6, Schumacher, 416/417 etc.When shaving weight, EVERY ounce counts. you are right, the weight difference in screws is barely noticeable from a novice/beginner, but the screws with carbon reinforced parts with other light weight mods will create a more dramatic adjustment. Its not one part, but the collection of parts and how each part can contribute to the whole. If price is the issuse, buy the TA05 IFS titanium kit from 3racing. Its about $30-35 shipped. (compared to $56 Tamiya titanium or $25 stainless from company X) the only screws not included are the 3 screws that hold the gear case together. the weight difference between those 3 screws (in my opinion) arent justifiable for spending the extra $25 for the tamiya packaging. Eventhough it sure is purdee...

Of if you are like myself and plan on upgrading to graphite the VBC Chassis kit comes w/ the hex screws already. I am just waiting to see what Exotek is coming out with before I decide.
The last 3 Exotek chassis I have purchased have not come with screws. I assume this will follow suit. We will have to wait to see...
Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Every motor will fit. Just add a couple of spacers if needed to clear the plastic. I just moved the motor tabs to a different angle instead of straight up and the trinity motor went in fine.
the motor mount is quite an engineering masterpiece. they give plenty of room for spacers(also used for adjusting weight distribution
Old 11-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

What shock tower is that from. Or is a TA06 tower and what brand. Thats what I have been looking for. Thanks in advance
It was from a TA05 before one for the TA06 was created. Now there are like 6 different carbon towers from 3-4 different brands. I personally run the one from tech racing. Its from thier drift chassis and has about 10 different locations for adjustment.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Spacers? Like space the motor away from the motor mount toward the left side of the car (defeating the purpose and balance of an inline design)?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNIPR
I am just waiting to see what Exotek is coming out with before I decide.
Pics and details will be posted on the site this Friday around noon pt Busy holiday shipping period right now so I'm about a week behind.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Spacers? Like space the motor away from the motor mount toward the left side of the car (defeating the purpose and balance of an inline design)?
Yes. Tamiya selles an alum spacer set that works great.

The balance will be adjusted slightly. Very slightly.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeR
Pics and details will be posted on the site this Friday around noon pt Busy holiday shipping period right now so I'm about a week behind.
Santa will not be happy with thr late addition to my list....
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mike, I found some teaser pix. All I can say is AMAZING! Can I order NOW?!

The idea for the center pilley shaft is GENIUS! I HATE E-Clips.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
Yes. Tamiya selles an alum spacer set that works great.

The balance will be adjusted slightly. Very slightly.
WOW... I would have hoped that because most all of these motors are produced in Asia, Tamiya would have taken all solder tab configurations into consideration with the design. Kind of disappointing
Old 11-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

WOW... I would have hoped that because most all of these motors are produced in Asia, Tamiya would have taken all solder tab configurations into consideration with the design. Kind of disappointing
I agree, there are really 2-3 different configurations... I am sure though that the CF chassis that are being made are fixing what Tamiya did not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.