R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #1081
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South FLorida
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg
Default I need some insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
Where in SFL do you live?
Ft. Lauderdale area.


I am 99% done with the built ! At this point I just need to place electronics.
I need some help with my Arta body however,

As you can see from the pictures the front wheel well lines up with the car's axle / wheels, but at the back it doesn't. Not only that, on the rear, the shock tower prevents the body from sitting low.

I guess I will have to cut some slits on the body to let the points on the shock tower come through to let me sit the body correctly, but my biggest concern is that the rear wheel well does not center with the rear axle/wheels.








Also, Take a look at the small bearing to the left of the servo turnbuckle. Do you guys remember it being in the kit? / I can seems to find it in the instructions and I am afraid I missed it.. or maybe it belongs to something else and got mixed in with my kit parts.




Thanks guys, I cannot wait to run my car... just need to work out some little kinks. I also have several silver spacers left over anyone know where they go?
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #1082
Tech Master
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

another ta06 carbon fiber chassis kit.

http://vbcracing.com/tuning_kits_1.html#/
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #1083
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by over gear View Post
another ta06 carbon fiber chassis kit.
looks good, but no battery loading from the bottom?
frst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #1084
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal, Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profoxcg View Post
Ft. Lauderdale area.


I am 99% done with the built ! At this point I just need to place electronics.
I need some help with my Arta body however,

As you can see from the pictures the front wheel well lines up with the car's axle / wheels, but at the back it doesn't. Not only that, on the rear, the shock tower prevents the body from sitting low.

I guess I will have to cut some slits on the body to let the points on the shock tower come through to let me sit the body correctly, but my biggest concern is that the rear wheel well does not center with the rear axle/wheels.








Also, Take a look at the small bearing to the left of the servo turnbuckle. Do you guys remember it being in the kit? / I can seems to find it in the instructions and I am afraid I missed it.. or maybe it belongs to something else and got mixed in with my kit parts.




Thanks guys, I cannot wait to run my car... just need to work out some little kinks. I also have several silver spacers left over anyone know where they go?
That tiny bearing is to your steering setup there should be a total of 6 bearings in the steering.
__________________
Your Hate Fuels My Success!!
If your not scraping... Then your not low enough!!!

TQ Raceway, WCRC, Speed Tech
Shameless121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #1085
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South FLorida
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg
Default

^ um... let me double check. - do you know where the tiny bearing goes? Thank you.

Last edited by Profoxcg; 11-03-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #1086
Tech Initiate
 
Specv28's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 46
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default ta06 carbon chassis

Where can I buy a carbon chassis for my ta06?
Specv28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #1087
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specv28 View Post
Where can I buy a carbon chassis for my ta06?
The Tamiya carbon reinforced one or....?
__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #1088
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profoxcg View Post
^ um... let me double check. - do you know where the tiny bearing goes? Thank you.
there are 8 used. 6 for steering and 2 for the belt tensioner.

look at page 9 of your manual and page 15.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #1089
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profoxcg View Post
This is because of how the rear sus mount is made. the TB03 rear mount is MUCH lower. You may want to try the carbon mount. It is pretty low. It rubs against my NSX body, but it is low enough to have a 2-3 mm gap.If you run ANY other body, (except the 350R) you will most likely not have that issue.

try the carbon rear tower first.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:24 AM   #1090
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by over gear View Post
another ta06 carbon fiber chassis kit.

http://vbcracing.com/tuning_kits_1.html#/
battery is secured by tape?! REALLY?! WHY!?!?!? use supports to secure the battery AND make a stiffer chassis! OBVIOUS engineering flaw!
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #1091
WC
Tech Master
 
WC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Global Citizen
Posts: 1,930
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

re: wheelbase discrepancy... what does your wheelbase measure to?

you can fiddle with the spacers on the hingepins to affect wheelbase


also... what setting have you used on your the hingepin split blocks & rear?

they can be set as "1A" or "1XA" - if you've gone 1A wheelbase is longer
__________________
--------------------
www.PandaGFX.com
--------------------
www.MelbRC.org
----------------
WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #1092
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
battery is secured by tape?! REALLY?! WHY!?!?!? use supports to secure the battery AND make a stiffer chassis! OBVIOUS engineering flaw!

May I know what's wrong in having the battery secure by tape? I see most of the high end tourings are using fiber tapes to secure the car. Why a stiffer chassis? Have you tried this chassis?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I just bought a ta06 pro and want to get a graphite chassis
Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #1093
Tech Initiate
 
Specv28's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 46
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

My tc6 the battery is secured by tape and it works great.

I like the tech racing ta06 chassis I've seen but I don't know where to get it. I would like to find one like that.

Anybody know where to get one?
Specv28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #1094
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specv28 View Post
My tc6 the battery is secured by tape and it works great.

I like the tech racing ta06 chassis I've seen but I don't know where to get it. I would like to find one like that.

Anybody know where to get one?
This is what I am thinking of getting from vbcraing.com
Look quite cool!
Has anyone dealt with this company?
Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #1095
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,299
Default

Still waiting for the exotek before I make my decision...
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0