R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #826
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
417 diff outdrives
carbon idler gear shaft
Carbon idler gearshaft?!
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #827
Tech Adept
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
Carbon idler gearshaft?!
Tamiya 53237
C van der Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #828
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
You will want to order the TA06 the end of Oct
Mike I need to talk to you. Can you email me Aveytia@gmail.com
ASAP. Thanks
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #829
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,898
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
51469, need 2 pair per diff

The shaft is from the M01 (hop-up)
oh, my bad, I thought it was the shafts for the belts.
and the diff, I thought that you have to get two sets since the 417 ones are different length L/R. Those out drives are kinda heavy, and an alum one with the cross pin blades would be much lighter/better.
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #830
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
oh, my bad, I thought it was the shafts for the belts.
and the diff, I thought that you have to get two sets since the 417 ones are different length L/R. Those out drives are kinda heavy, and an alum one with the cross pin blades would be much lighter/better.
the m01 parts are impossible to find, I got the ff03 3 racing idler pulley pin set and gear ($12 shipped) those few grams will be needed!
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #831
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Tamiya TA06 rear carbon stay

Tamiya TA06 frontcarbon stay

and................
A TA06 599fxx kit! This is my favorite 1:1 car EVER!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10161881

Release in November!
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #832
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
Tamiya TA06 rear carbon stay

Tamiya TA06 frontcarbon stay

and................
A TA06 599fxx kit! This is my favorite 1:1 car EVER!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10161881

Release in November!
ya that is sick .....i wonder if u can get just the body before nov ....probly not im assuming
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #833
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
ya that is sick .....i wonder if u can get just the body before nov ....probly not im assuming
Def not a tcs body.... No rear wing and it's wiiiiiiiide!hopefully it comes with all the 1:1 canards
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #834
gom
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 147
Default

I got another question guys.

Which suspension block set does the TA06 use?

According to this official tamiya site http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412, there are 2 types of blocks, the TRF416/TB03 set and the TRF415/TA05 set.

I need to buy new suspension blocks for the rear end because I broke the plastic ones today. Just wondering which ones to buy.

By the way, I tried out the suspension setup some of you suggested with the rear slightly stiffer than the front. The car runs way better than the factory default setup I was using. Thanks for all the great help guys.
gom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #835
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom View Post
I got another question guys.

Which suspension block set does the TA06 use?

According to this official tamiya site http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412, there are 2 types of blocks, the TRF416/TB03 set and the TRF415/TA05 set.

I need to buy new suspension blocks for the rear end because I broke the plastic ones today. Just wondering which ones to buy.

By the way, I tried out the suspension setup some of you suggested with the rear slightly stiffer than the front. The car runs way better than the factory default setup I was using. Thanks for all the great help guys.
i think theyre the same.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #836
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,898
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Finished with my rebuild.
weighs in at 1370g race ready
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya Ta06-ta0601.jpg   Tamiya Ta06-ta0602.jpg  
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #837
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Finland/Helsinki
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
Finished with my rebuild.
weighs in at 1370g race ready
Is the servo on that side because you can wire the esc better.
Jerzi
jerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #838
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
Finished with my rebuild.
weighs in at 1370g race ready
tutorial on how to do the servo placement please! I have tons of wires and I need to lose more weight!
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #839
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzi View Post
Is the servo on that side because you can wire the esc better.
Jerzi
wire "better", no. Less wires = less weight/less clutter/less chance of a wire rubbing a belt and better weight dist, yes.

Imprezza, How is the weight impacted once the transponder is installed?
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #840
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Finland/Helsinki
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
wire "better", no. Less wires = less weight/less clutter/less chance of a wire rubbing a belt and better weight dist, yes.

Imprezza, How is the weight impacted once the transponder is installed?

Can someone tell my wy in earth tamiya wanted the esc on the right side.
Jerzi
jerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0