Tamiya Ta06

You're on Page 51 of 174
Go to
  • cheers, thanks for reply

think maybe a ta06pro might be a good way back in to tc racing. going to visit my old club (if they're still there?) tonight...
  • So the tamiya rear diff uses a 52t pulley. What is the replacement part number for just the pulley? I don't want to have to spend 60 for a complete diff when I need just a pulley...
  • Anybody try this car on carpet yet? any good carpet setups for the ta-06
  • Quote: So the tamiya rear diff uses a 52t pulley. What is the replacement part number for just the pulley? I don't want to have to spend 60 for a complete diff when I need just a pulley...
    have a look in the manual, the part # for the pulley is there the last time I looked
  • Hey guys need help my car is making an awful grinding noise upfront and only when i turn it left or rite....any ideas? im running a spool upfront
  • Quote: Hey guys need help my car is making an awful grinding noise upfront and only when i turn it left or rite....any ideas? im running a spool upfront
    Very common... Spool plus walls equals damaged cvds. Try steel bones instead of the blue aluminum. And avoid walls at all costs.
  • Quote: Very common... Spool plus walls equals damaged cvds. Try steel bones instead of the blue aluminum. And avoid walls at all costs.
    Or run a heavy diff in the front to save your drivetrain. But either way, you will get the CVD chatter.
  • Yep, i see guy now running gear diff front with diff locker fluid. 300,000 wgt

theatric? You race in ottawa right? Check out Eddie;s car he has the diff with locker fluid. Its spool like but more forgiving
  • ways to save weight:
    53851 (titanium coated suspension shaft) its not on the tamiya cross reference sheet but it is the same length and it is for the tb03.
    IT FITS!
    Another is the Square RC sustain 46mm titanium shaft. this is not titanium coated, its complete titanium!
    stv-6c
    under $10 shipped a pair!!!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/250309200618...ht_1187wt_1114

I'm looking for every gram i can save.
  • just sharing...

switch to the upright front shocks though...

(sorry for the crappy pic quality...)

Tamiya Ta06-img0072a.jpg   Tamiya Ta06-img0074a.jpg  

• Quote: I ended up gluing that bit to the rear hub, and then screwing it down. The rear hubs don't break that often anyway.
    i broke mine, I just bought the aluminum tb03/trf417 ones...Works and fits great.
  • TA06 plastics have come in, especially the rear body posts
  • Quote: Yep, i see guy now running gear diff front with diff locker fluid. 300,000 wgt

theatric? You race in ottawa right? Check out Eddie;s car he has the diff with locker fluid. Its spool like but more forgiving
    ok i will ask him what is locker fluid
  • Quote: TA06 plastics have come in, especially the rear body posts

if u modifiy the rear post u will never snap them again ....theres an article how to modify just check google and type in building the ta-06
  • Quote: ok i will ask him what is locker fluid
    I wonder if they mean Ofna diff lock