R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #706
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

here's the vid for my TA06 running 17.5 boosted. My car is the bright red one at pole. I still have some issues like the flexible parts, 50g weight handicap, and the skipping belt, but I finally started to tune the car the way I want. Got lucky with lap traffic and was able to maintain my position.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #707
Tech Regular

Sick track! I noticed after that right hander directly in front of the camera, your car seems to have acceleration none of the other cars had.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #708
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
Sick track! I noticed after that right hander directly in front of the camera, your car seems to have acceleration none of the other cars had.
Yep...i noticed that running boosted on my '06 as well.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #709
gom
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I am also running a TA06 in club races. At the beginning I was very skeptical about this new chassis design. But now I am absolutely loving it. It's a great car. Having lots of fun tuning and driving it.

I am currently using a black can but will change to a stock 17.5 soon. Inpuressa, may I ask which motor you are using?

The reason I ask is that not many motor seems to fit into the slot without having to cut out some of the plastic part on top of the motor. And I don't really want to cut into the plastic part because it's looking pretty thin and weak as it is already.

I would like to know exactly what choices I have in terms of picking a brushless 17.5. Just from looking at pictures, it seems that the Speed Passion v3 will fit for sure. The Tekin Redline, Team Epic D3, and LRP X12 might fit. And the Reedy Sonic and Novac Ballistic definitely won't fit.

I have only looked into a few popular 17.5 out there. If anyone can confirm if the Redline, D3 and X12 will fit, that'll be great. And if any body have any other motors they want to recommand, any input is welcome.

I am only concern about whether or not the motor will fit since I don't think there will be a big difference in speed in stock 17.5 anyways especially for a beginner like me.

Thanks in advance for advices.
gom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #710
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 290 (100%+)

LRP X12 fits the TA06 fine.
nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #711
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom View Post
Hi guys,

I am also running a TA06 in club races. At the beginning I was very skeptical about this new chassis design. But now I am absolutely loving it. It's a great car. Having lots of fun tuning and driving it.

I am currently using a black can but will change to a stock 17.5 soon. Inpuressa, may I ask which motor you are using?

The reason I ask is that not many motor seems to fit into the slot without having to cut out some of the plastic part on top of the motor. And I don't really want to cut into the plastic part because it's looking pretty thin and weak as it is already.

I would like to know exactly what choices I have in terms of picking a brushless 17.5. Just from looking at pictures, it seems that the Speed Passion v3 will fit for sure. The Tekin Redline, Team Epic D3, and LRP X12 might fit. And the Reedy Sonic and Novac Ballistic definitely won't fit.

I have only looked into a few popular 17.5 out there. If anyone can confirm if the Redline, D3 and X12 will fit, that'll be great. And if any body have any other motors they want to recommand, any input is welcome.

I am only concern about whether or not the motor will fit since I don't think there will be a big difference in speed in stock 17.5 anyways especially for a beginner like me.

Only tried the SP and DUO motors, but the DUO line you need to trim at the brace to get the terminals to clear. Some people suggested to use a motor spacer, but I thought that will change the balance of the car and also make it heavier. So for this car I use the SP v3/MMM exclusively. The new MMM series is especially good because of the new sensor board and it is about 9g lighter than the V3. If your club allows mechanical timing for 17.5 stock, you might want to get the optional 21-30deg sensor board as well.

AT 17.5/boosted speeds, this car is way capable in its current state. Who knows, maybe the 418 might be based off of this layout
Old 08-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #712
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom View Post
Hi guys,

I run speedpassion v2 17.5

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #713
Tech Regular

yeah a carbon/alu version would be great

speaking of motor spacers, i bought a 5mm spacer for the ff03 car and milled it down to 2.5mm instead, worked perfectly, balance is a little off but not too much to make the handling suffer

mine is up for sale now, winter soon here in sweden and will be running 1/12 then
Old 08-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #714
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tamiya option
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya Ta06-ta-54313.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #715
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 290 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Tamiya option
$25.00 for the part and $13.54 for standard postage on what your system shows as a 5 gram item.

Are your padded mailers gold lined or something? If not, then that sort of postage cost is just a blatent rip off.
nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #716
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Tamiya option
Can you get those carbon fiber shock towers from TechRacing?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #717
gom
Tech Adept

Thanks for the input guys. looks like it's down to Speed Passion v3 MMM vs. LRP x12.

like inpuressa said, I don't think putting spacers in is a good idea. don't really want to ruin the nice balance that this car has.

I am leaning towards the MMM just because it's newer and I hear good things about it. but it is so hard to fine. everywhere is sold out right now. any one know an online store that has stock?
gom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #718
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
$25.00 for the part and $13.54 for standard postage on what your system shows as a 5 gram item.

Are your padded mailers gold lined or something? If not, then that sort of postage cost is just a blatent rip off.
Rcmart always have excessive shipping charges. To send that from HK standard post would cost about $3.

Stella have them with more reasonable shipping costs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/54313-TAMIYA...item2eb73f0024
renjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #719
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjie View Post
Rcmart always have excessive shipping charges. To send that from HK standard post would cost about $3.

Stella have them with more reasonable shipping costs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/54313-TAMIYA...item2eb73f0024
I agree with the excessive shipping some HK companies charge. That along with service fees(you need to pay for the packing material) and international CC tax(whatever you call it), it adds up pretty big.

But the actual cost of the part, I can't argue because of the tanking value of the dollar. FYI, it is about 76yen to the dollar now.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:39 AM   #720
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I never find the postage excessive, saying that, I wouldn't just order one part from HK, as that just isn't a good use of postage, is it.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote