R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #676
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So how long is the TA05 V2 going to stay around? Less than a year maybe? Other companies don't often release new design quick enough, on the other hand Tamiya is too fast with new design/release.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #677
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
So how long is the TA05 V2 going to stay around? Less than a year maybe? Other companies don't often release new design quick enough, on the other hand Tamiya is too fast with new design/release.
The TA05 has been around since 2005. Tamiya brings in a new chassis every 5-6 years. TA06 falls with in those parameters. As a rule of thumb with Tamiya, Once an "R" version is released, usually means the product line is at the end of it's leash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
5.0 seems a little low for 17.5 boost. I thought the sweet spots was around 6.0
There really isn't a sweet spot for SP/17.5 because the reality of it is that all cars do not share the same drivetrain. Especially with the TA06. The rear gearbox plays a big factor on how it should be geared. I agree 5.0 might be a tad high but im not that far away from getting it just right. Probably go down a tooth or two on pinion, but i think the low 5's for our tracks here is spot on.. I will find out at Corona next week.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #678
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
If you think about it the TA05 is still around and thats pretty old so I don't think the V2 will be a problem. Their TA-series releases aren't that frequent.
rc_square24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #679
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Charlie and Lightfoot forgot to mention the track they run on is like a huge flowing 1/8th track
That makes much more sense. in the wide lanes you can take advantage of the lower gearing and once you hit the straight away, thats is definately where you will lose some ground.

I have been racing at a local outdoor track, But I ran it once and I has rained every day I have off

I cant wait to spend a few hours/days just tuning it!

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #680
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien rc View Post

--> If somebody can tell me how many is the weight of the original plastic chassis, I would thanks him a lot...
If you could show the IFS suspention and made some photo's of it, I would thank you alot
amateur888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #681
Tech Master

I will retire my TA05R soon but keeping evo4 and msx, really like the carbon fiber two deckers.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #682
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateur888 View Post
If you could show the IFS suspention and made some photo's of it, I would thank you alot
Well, I don't have plan to use IFS suspension for the moment cause I don't like the position of the rockers (to horizontal for me).

BUT I have made the 2 front holes on the upper plate to let me use them in the future.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #683
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien rc View Post
Well, I don't have plan to use IFS suspension for the moment cause I don't like the position of the rockers (to horizontal for me).

BUT I have made the 2 front holes on the upper plate to let me use them in the future.

Well... There goes one chassis option out the window... I think most are sticking with IFS because of the advantage of low bodies.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #684
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post

Well... There goes one chassis option out the window... I think most are sticking with IFS because of the advantage of low bodies.
I agree... I bought this car for 3 reasons... center battery, center motor and low front shocks so I can run cool low nose bodies... I will never run this chassis with stand up front shocks... I already have 4 sedans with that configuration...
Old 08-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #685
Tech Adept

Default TA06

Personally i love this car, i ran it for the first time on tarmac on sunday - absolutely beautiful to drive, so much corner speed i lapped the whole field - i agree with others who say it needs sway bars but the centre weight positioning is awesome. I ran the car with Lexus SC430 body, and it was great but for the last two races i put a Honda NSX from an IFS and i couldnt believe the difference in steering, loads more on power steering

I hope that exotek make a chassis for it, i was thinking of buying another one for 13.5 but i caved and bought a 416 - i hope it was a good decision
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #686
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
I understand and that's why I have drill holes in the front of the upper plate at the exact place for IFS suspension. With a spacer, they will work exactly like the original plastic chassis.

For the test in IFS configuration, you have to know that here in France, we are not allowed to use low nose bodies. Only EFRA one... That's why I prefer, for my really first tests, to use standard front suspension.

I promise : As soon as I will test the IFS suspension, I will take some pics...
Old 08-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #687
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

how come no one that makes a carbon shock tower for this car countersinks the screw holes like the 416/417
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #688
Tech Regular

from what i know alien rc is the only one who has made a carbon tower

but 3racing, yeah racing and others will most likely come out with their own options before the end of the year or in the beginning of 2012
Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #689
Tech Rookie

did anyone of you guys tried to make the TA-06 drift? (I am planning to)
amateur888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #690
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone checked to see if the rear shock towers from the Ta-05 line up with the Ta-06?