R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #661
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
We've got two or three people from different countries arguing over Tamiya rules...

...suffice to say that Tamiya-class rules are local or national and NOT worldwide!

Tamiya Japan run one set of rules, Tamiya USA run another, Tamiya's UK importer used to run different rules again etc etc etc...
Very true.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #662
Tech Apprentice
 
alien rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of France
Posts: 77
Default

Work in progress 3 : soon the end ???





__________________
FB : ALIEN R/C
www.alienracing.fr
alien rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #663
Tech Elite
 
Joel Lagace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

How much bling add ons does It take to equal the cost of a superior 417?
__________________
"Without Rules its just Backyard Bashing!"
www.rcottawa.com
Joel Lagace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #664
Tech Fanatic
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

alien add a top deck option for the Ifs shocks too
so far yours looks better than the tech r.
get the blue right also
looks sweet
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #665
Tech Regular
 
Firefox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ks.
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
How much bling add ons does It take to equal the cost of a superior 417?
I haven't followed the TA06 real close, but was wondering how much "stuff" - $$$ needs to be replaced to make it closer to being able to compete with other brands of cars, Xray T2, TC5, even older cars ?

Shocks at least..

thanks
__________________
Tamiya M05, Associated SC10.
Firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #666
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 405
Default

firefox: go back a few pages and you will find the answer.

Alien rc: new chassi looks good! tested it yet?

is there a plan to sell the chassi kit to the public later?
__________________
Xray T4`16 - Hobbywing - Highest - Sanwa - Gens Ace
Schumacher Cougar KF2 - Hobbywing - Highest - Sanwa - Gens Ace
Bappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #667
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 52
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Gearing

I need help gearing the TA06 for 17.5 non-boost class. What spur and pinion size would be a good starting point (I know there are many different size tracks out there - I just need a starting point). I'll be using a Tekin and Duo II (I know I'll have to modify the chassis to get the Duo to fit). Thanks
jmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #668
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,514
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax View Post
I need help gearing the TA06 for 17.5 non-boost class. What spur and pinion size would be a good starting point (I know there are many different size tracks out there - I just need a starting point). I'll be using a Tekin and Duo II (I know I'll have to modify the chassis to get the Duo to fit). Thanks
I'm geared at 4.25 I believe ? It's a 44 pinion and 87 spur... Raced today with it in a field of 10 cars 17.5 NT and came in 2nd... not sure what other chassis people were driving... I wasn't the fastest on the straight, maybe I can gear up... motor temp was 132 with a Novak ballistic and Tekin on blinky mode, zero motor timing... I'm running a Ball diff in the back and a center on way, with 500,000 gear up front...
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #669
Tech Apprentice
 
alien rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of France
Posts: 77
Default

Thanks guys...
--> This carbon kit is not tested today : I will test it probably next we to prepare the French Cup at the end of the month. We'll see if it works better than a stock one (cause Grinta, a friend of mine has a stock one)... We'll see later if it could be sell...
You can check my facebook wall also.

About the comparaison with a 417, it's impossible in France to do it cause TRF cars are very badly represented here... To expensive. For exemple : a 417 will cost probably 2.5 or 3 times the price of the TA06...
--> There is a place here for a carbon conversion kit to be sell...

After that, I really don't know how it will work on the race but its very interresting to discover a "new" weight repartition car !!!
__________________
FB : ALIEN R/C
www.alienracing.fr
alien rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:35 AM   #670
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 52
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
I'm geared at 4.25 I believe ? It's a 44 pinion and 87 spur... Raced today with it in a field of 10 cars 17.5 NT and came in 2nd... not sure what other chassis people were driving... I wasn't the fastest on the straight, maybe I can gear up... motor temp was 132 with a Novak ballistic and Tekin on blinky mode, zero motor timing... I'm running a Ball diff in the back and a center on way, with 500,000 gear up front...
Thanks lightfoot!
jmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #671
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
I'm geared at 4.25 I believe ? It's a 44 pinion and 87 spur... Raced today with it in a field of 10 cars 17.5 NT and came in 2nd... not sure what other chassis people were driving... I wasn't the fastest on the straight, maybe I can gear up... motor temp was 132 with a Novak ballistic and Tekin on blinky mode, zero motor timing... I'm running a Ball diff in the back and a center on way, with 500,000 gear up front...
4.25? wow. Im running around a 6...The straight away is my kryptonite too... but its rcgt. Im planning on being lowering the gearing to a 5.25. RCGT tires arent sticky enough for that high of a gearing.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #672
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,594
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
4.25? wow. Im running around a 6...The straight away is my kryptonite too... but its rcgt. Im planning on being lowering the gearing to a 5.25. RCGT tires arent sticky enough for that high of a gearing.
I ran my TA06 in Boosted 17.5 yesterday and also got 2nd.
My set up:
Track: The NEW Surf City Raceway
Dimensions:190x90
Surface:Med-High Bite Asphalt
FDR:5.0, 94/40
Motor:SP V.30, 10* Timing
Esc:Sp GT LPF
Body:2003 Tamiya NSX
Tires:RP30
Front:
Yellow Swaybar
Yellow Springs
40Wt
3 Hole Piston
120K Gear Diff
5mm Ride Height
4mm Droop
Rear:
Yellow Swaybar
Yellow Springs
40wt Oil
3 Hole Piston
Ball Diff
5mm Ride Height
5mm Droop
*Notes-Carries awesome corner speed. Might be over geared. Plenty of Mid and top end. Started Slowing down the last minute of the race. Will gear down 2 teeth next time.

At Tamiya USA track as per Fred Medel's Set up:
Front:
Yellow Springs
40Wt
3 Hole Piston
120K Gear Diff
4.5mm Ride Height
4mm Droop
Rear:
Yellow Springs
40wt Oil
3 Hole Piston
Ball Diff
4.5mm Ride Height
5mm Droop
Note*A lot of Corner speed. A ton of punch coming out of the hole. Very fun to drive.
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #673
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,898
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
I ran my TA06 in Boosted 17.5 yesterday and also got 2nd.
My set up:
Track: The NEW Surf City Raceway
Dimensions:190x90
Surface:Med-High Bite Asphalt
FDR:5.0, 94/40
Motor:SP V.30, 10* Timing
Esc:Sp GT LPF
Body:2003 Tamiya NSX
Tires:RP30
Front:
Yellow Swaybar
Yellow Springs
40Wt
3 Hole Piston
120K Gear Diff
5mm Ride Height
4mm Droop
Rear:
Yellow Swaybar
Yellow Springs
40wt Oil
3 Hole Piston
Ball Diff
5mm Ride Height
5mm Droop
*Notes-Carries awesome corner speed. Might be over geared. Plenty of Mid and top end. Started Slowing down the last minute of the race. Will gear down 2 teeth next time.

At Tamiya USA track as per Fred Medel's Set up:
Front:
Yellow Springs
40Wt
3 Hole Piston
120K Gear Diff
4.5mm Ride Height
4mm Droop
Rear:
Yellow Springs
40wt Oil
3 Hole Piston
Ball Diff
4.5mm Ride Height
5mm Droop
Note*A lot of Corner speed. A ton of punch coming out of the hole. Very fun to drive.
5.0 seems a little low for 17.5 boost. I thought the sweet spots was around 6.0
gonna try the new SP MMM motor. What motor timing 11-20 will be good? Also, do I need to lower the boost on the speedo to compensate the extra motor timing?

definitely interested in the carbon shock towers. The stock one is way too soft.
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #674
Tech Apprentice
 
alien rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of France
Posts: 77
Default

Tadam....









--> If somebody can tell me how many is the weight of the original plastic chassis, I would thanks him a lot...
__________________
FB : ALIEN R/C
www.alienracing.fr
alien rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #675
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
5.0 seems a little low for 17.5 boost. I thought the sweet spots was around 6.0
gonna try the new SP MMM motor. What motor timing 11-20 will be good? Also, do I need to lower the boost on the speedo to compensate the extra motor timing?

definitely interested in the carbon shock towers. The stock one is way too soft.
Charlie and Lightfoot forgot to mention the track they run on is like a huge flowing 1/8th track
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0