Ran the car for the first time today.
something seriously wrong with this car, in my setup anyway.
I have been using a front gear diff in my tc6 lately with 500k oil with comparable results with a spool. So I put 500k in my rear diff by mistake when I built the car thinking it was the front diff I was building. Anyway so first run today, both diffs with 500k oil, the car was spinning out IF
I put the power down hard. No problems when running 80%, but who wants to
Also noticed going down the straight that it wasnt completely tracking straight, like it had a mind of its own or something. I have been using my electronics for a while in my other car, and never had any glitch problems. I had heard of inconsistent handling from gear diffed cars before, and now I get the feeling I know what people mean.
So I thought this was cos maybe my rear diff oil was way too thick. So I get all the old oil out(take ages), and made sure every bit of 500k oil was removed. Then installed with 2k oil in rear. Car was the same.
car is setup perfect, I use 4 corner weights to adjust balance, and left/right were within grams of each other. Adjusted collars on tweak station and got it well sorted. I use 2mm/3mm droop over ride height on nearly all my cars. Definitely not the tires, as I only used 1 set of tires between the ta06 and my xray and ran them both on alternating runs.
I'm thinking of getting a front spool. Hopefully this will help handling wise. I'm a little disappointed about the ta06 today, considering all the good things I have been hearing on here lately.