R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Track Star TA06 Pro build article is up.

I will have my set up sheet from the King of Cal race posted in a while. I'll link that also. (I just want to confirm that I may have been the only "Plastic" TC in the A main)

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Track Star TA06 Pro build article is up.

I will have my set up sheet from the King of Cal race posted in a while. I'll link that also. (I just want to confirm that I may have been the only "Plastic" TC in the A main)

I watched your car in qualifying Jimmy- car looked fantastic

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #363
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

A bit off-topic but Trf416 vs TA06.... Who wins?

Thanks!
fung_kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #364
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

@racecrafter...nice write up did you run the nsx or hsv body?
did you settle on the 50000 up front? will you try the spool or is the diff better in your opinion? thanks, Fat
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #365
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
I watched your car in qualifying Jimmy- car looked fantastic
Thanks Mike. You were on fire yourself yesterday!

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Old 06-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #366
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fung_kyle View Post

Thanks!
The 416 & 416x are tough to beat on any given day. The great thing about "plastic tub" chassis' IMO is the tweak factor not to mention the initial hit to the wallet.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #367
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat500 View Post
@racecrafter...nice write up did you run the nsx or hsv body?
did you settle on the 50000 up front? will you try the spool or is the diff better in your opinion? thanks, Fat
I ran my qualifying and first two mains with the HSV010. It's a great handling body. In A3 I switched to the NSX I used on my TB03 and it was equally as good maybe more so as I switched to a cooler tire for the evening as well.

The higher cst I on front diff fluid the better the car was mid to exit of the corner. It did take the edge off of the entry but it's give and take. I will try 100,000 next and then a spool. I built a slipper/spool for my TB03 to alleviate the cvd chatter, I may have to build one for the TA06.

Last edited by Racecrafter; 06-27-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #368
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fung_kyle View Post

Thanks!
The TA06 imo can compete with the 416 with two things. The carbon reinforced parts and alum front pulley holder. But if you are only going 17.5 non boost, you can get away with the stock parts. The car does transition better with the center batt. layout. This layout is different enough for me that I might consider an aftermarket CF chassis (3racing, exotech, etc).
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #369
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The ta06 is a really impressive car. The car responds to changes. This car has a lot of potential! Jimmy's car looked faster and faster every run.
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #370
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 290 (100%+)

for boosted 17.5 what would be a better option, my Ta05v2 w/Exotek or the Ta06. I have both and need to allocate one to boosted 17.5, the other to VTA. At present I am leaning towards the TA05V2 Exotek as Boosted Stock?
nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #371
Tech Elite

If you have both, why not run them back to back with the same motor and give us your feedback? This would be most helpful and give you (and us) better insight. I'm still considering getting a TA06, but my TA05 (original) is just dialed. It would be hard for me to improve on it with another "plastic" car.

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:42 AM   #372
Tech Adept

Does the TB-03 Carbon Damper Stay Rear fits the TA06?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:24 AM   #373
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
Does the TB-03 Carbon Damper Stay Rear fits the TA06?
According to the matching list, no

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/download..._list_vol9.pdf
Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #374
Tech Elite

Out of the blue here but.... The only bummer for the TA06 kit has been the rear body mounts. They are not only thin with no fillet for the post but the material is a little on the brittle side.

I found this out the hard way during my testing last Thursday where I rolled the car over and slid backwards into the board. It wasn't hard enough to make you cringe let alone think anything would be broken but both body mounts snapped right at the base.

The Pro kit (and I'm almost certain the std kit) comes with the mounts for the rear we have all become accustomed to. They will NOT bolt directly on. But it is very easy to make them work with about 2 minutes with a dremel.

#1 Find your extra posts and the thick spacers for them. You will also need two 3x12 to 3x15 Cap (or button) head screws and two 3x6 (or so) washers.

#2 Remove the body mounts. Take a 3mm drill and slot each body mount hole in the shock tower straight down about 3.5mm. If you take the spacer and insert the pin of it into the shock mounting hole right below this body mount hole you will see exactly how far you need to go and can use this as a reference.

#3 Install washer on the new mount screw and mount new body post on the left. For the right you will need to dremel/ sand / cut the bottom of the post that faces the spur gear in a 45 degree angle. Only trim off what is needed for clearance. Now install the right post.

During this weekends race I was unfortunate enough to be taken out HARD! So hard that it broke a servo. The body posts were however not.

Last edited by Racecrafter; 06-28-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #375
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post

The Pro kit (and I'm almost certain the std kit) comes with the mounts for the rear we have all become accustomed to. They will NOT bolt directly on. But it is very easy to make them work with about 2 minutes with a dremel.
why are you quoting there are 2 different kits?

I'm pretty sure there is only 1 kit, ta-06 pro kit

and can you show a pic of the mod you made please? I dont have the car yet, so cannot picture what you mean.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote