Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #2476
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal2012 View Post
Thank you for the reply.

I certainly dont want to overdrive it

I went back to the calculater and took the last numbers for what they were, I get it though if the gear box acts like a 18/39 then having 18 at both the other locations would make it 50/50 since the front is 18/39.

Anyway,
I entered these numbers into the calculater:
18:18 16:37

and I got this...
CS Ratio: 0.2
CS Percentage: -80
CS FDR: 0.2

Could anyone explain it?
Also did I enter the numbers in the correct order when I submitted them?

Thanks!
Could anyone explain the CS Ratio, CS Percentage and CS FDR? Please!
Arsenal2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:02 AM   #2477
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal2012 View Post
What do you mean by right side? I just may have an aluminum one and can probably beat the price that Tamiya is offering, they have it for 24.50, ill do 20 shipped if it is the belt steering arm that you are looking for?
It is the special aluminium steering link that comes with the TA06MS. This will let you put the servo on the right hand side of the car when combined with the carbon fiber side trays. I got it already. Just letting other TA06 owners know about this previously impossible to find part.
torg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:04 AM   #2478
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
It is the special aluminium steering link that comes with the TA06MS. This will let you put the servo on the right hand side of the car when combined with the carbon fiber side trays. I got it already. Just letting other TA06 owners know about this previously impossible to find part.
just noticed they sold out already...
Old 06-21-2014, 03:19 AM   #2479
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic garden View Post
some things i noticed with the ta06r

does anyone know if the are part numbers to replace the plastic shims used in the center pulley? (plastic parts K2 and K3)
I just used 4mm shims #53586

This gives you more flexibility when using alum pulleys vs plastic etc.

I tried alum ones but took them off and put plastic back on as I am extreme weight savings mode these days.

From the pictures it looks like the TA06R comes with short shock towers and the TB04 shocks.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #2480
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I just used 4mm shims #53586

This gives you more flexibility when using alum pulleys vs plastic etc.

I tried alum ones but took them off and put plastic back on as I am extreme weight savings mode these days.

From the pictures it looks like the TA06R comes with short shock towers and the TB04 shocks.
i am still not sure why the car would be so high with the springs that are in the box

according to the manual it are 'TRF short dampers', and the included springs are medium #53440 'RC on Road springs'

anyway with the shorter spring #53630 -> #53633 the ride height is fine now and the car seems ok:

i wonder if they put wrong springs in the box or i am doing something completely wrong
atomic garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #2481
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yeah, they are sold out like you said.

I looked at the TA06MS and yeah it is belt side mounted servo, so yeah I have that steering link if anyone is interested, 20 shipped.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:09 AM   #2482
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm selling my TA06 Pro if anyone is interested

Tamiya TA06 Pro Roller with plenty of HopUps
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:06 AM   #2483
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As well as the roller, I've actually got an unused pack of titanium screws for the car left - part number 54307.

Cost me a fortune, I'll let them go for $45 posted.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #2484
Tech Addict

Here is where I am with my "custom build"(changed steering and adding a floating servo mount), I have not worked on the front end but I have the servo all figured out which was a huge bulk of the work since I had to drill two holes and make sure they were correct etc...

I am hoping the Hobbywing Xtreme stock will fit next to the servo mount and between the battery and steering rack, if not ill probably have to use a Justock instead.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:01 AM   #2485
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus View Post
As well as the roller, I've actually got an unused pack of titanium screws for the car left - part number 54307.

Cost me a fortune, I'll let them go for $45 posted.
Do you still have these available? I've pm'd you as well.
markpoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #2486
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I've just installed the RSector RS6 chassis kit on my TA-06 Pro and the switch from stock chassis went well. The chassis kit is highly discounted and available from TQ Racing and includes some nice blue alloy bits along with a motor fan. Odd though that there were no instructions of any kind included.

The steering servo gets swapped to the right side of the chassis with the ESC to the left. I did have some head scratching on the motor install. The motor mount is recessed in front of the rear diff assembly and you need to use a motor with ABC contacts on the rear, like the Speed Passion motors use. I didn't want to buy a new motor so I used a Tamiya blue alloy motor spacer #54139 to move my Tekin 21.5 Gen 1 motor so that the solder tabs don't foul.

A few pics.

Last edited by SteveM; 12-24-2015 at 08:57 AM.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #2487
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I've just installed the RSector RS6 chassis kit on my TA-06 Pro and the switch from stock chassis went well. The chassis kit is highly discounted and available from TQ Racing and includes some nice blue alloy bits along with a motor fan. Odd though that there were no instructions of any kind included.

The steering servo gets swapped to the right side of the chassis with the ESC to the left. I did have some head scratching on the motor install. The motor mount is recessed in front of the rear diff assembly and you need to use a motor with ABC contacts on the rear, like the Speed Passion motors use. I didn't want to buy a new motor so I used a Tamiya blue alloy motor spacer #54139 to move my Tekin 21.5 Gen 1 motor so that the solder tabs don't foul.

A few pics.
How do you like the RSector conversion kit? Have you had a chance to test this on the track yet to see how it improves performance of the car?
jdawg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #2488
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg81 View Post
How do you like the RSector conversion kit? Have you had a chance to test this on the track yet to see how it improves performance of the car?
I ran the car today in VTA and it drove great. The chassis has almost zero flex unlike the kit stock plastic version. For the price I paid from TQ Racing it was well worth it. I did need to add spacers to get the steering servo positioned properly, and my Reedy 6500 lipo packs are too long to fit into the battery area. I had to use the Hobbyking Zippy 4000 packs as they are slightly smaller and have a more rounded case.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #2489
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I ran the car today in VTA and it drove great. The chassis has almost zero flex unlike the kit stock plastic version. For the price I paid from TQ Racing it was well worth it. I did need to add spacers to get the steering servo positioned properly, and my Reedy 6500 lipo packs are too long to fit into the battery area. I had to use the Hobbyking Zippy 4000 packs as they are slightly smaller and have a more rounded case.
That's good to hear. I have been deciding if I should get the RSector kit or not because I wasn't sure if this car was worth spending any more money on. There's also the VBC converstion kit that looks nice but is also much more expensive. Do you have a good setup for this car in VTA? If this car with the RSector conversion is competitive enough to keep up with the Xrays and other higher end cars then I might end up using this for VTA and use my TRF418 for touring 17.5 blinky.
jdawg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:01 AM   #2490
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg81 View Post
That's good to hear. I have been deciding if I should get the RSector kit or not because I wasn't sure if this car was worth spending any more money on. There's also the VBC converstion kit that looks nice but is also much more expensive. Do you have a good setup for this car in VTA? If this car with the RSector conversion is competitive enough to keep up with the Xrays and other higher end cars then I might end up using this for VTA and use my TRF418 for touring 17.5 blinky.
The TA-06 is a nice chassis, but it has too much drive line friction compared to my Schumacher Mi5 and Spec-R R1. This chassis was one that I never considered buying, but when a local racer decided to sell it and for a low price I was happy to take it off his hands to make it into a VTA ride just for fun.

The VBC chassis looks nice and so does the one from Exotek. The RSector is chassis is pretty good and hard to beat considering the $60 price. The RSector includes several aluminum parts and even a cooling fan and once built-up looks sharp.

I use a spool in front and a gear diff in the rear with 2000 weight fluid. TRF shocks with the Tamiya shock oil.