Originally Posted by whitrzac
I'm going to start building my pro kit tonight...
Does anyone have any hints/tricks that I should do right away?
- Tap all your threads. Especially if you have the optional carbon stuff.
- Don't tap/screw the bottom screws into the gearbox too tight. It's very easy to deform the casing and get gear rub.
- Mounting the motor is a right pita unless it is rear terminals or you get an extra spacer - even then not all motors will work without trimming.
- Get a 5.5mm spacer set or two. The plastic tree spacers are not great. Especially for the arms. Not so bad under the camber balls etc, but I did all of them.
- The rear hub camber ball mount is just plain odd with an extra add on piece of tree, two screws and a grub.
Get a TA06MS manual and build it like that instead.
- look very closely at shims in the manual. Easy to miss them.
- use the one extra shim in each side of the gear diff(s) they are too sloppy otherwise.
- on the diff subject, don't sand the gears too much to remove the sprues, if you do, use vernier a to make sure they are equal.
Any other tips from me would be generic like use a little moly when assembling turnbuckles for easier adjustment.