R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #2176
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DavidNERODease,

I would definately contact Exotek directly via their website, i have had several chassis' from them (admittedly not for the TA06) and have always found them to be spot on, you might have got a dud one - if proven i'm sure they'll send you out a replacement.

On the belt front the tightness must also be due to the misaligned bulkhead. If i were you i'd revert to the stock chassis for now until you get the Exotek replacement. The new belts you ordered will be a bit thicker than the ones RC companies use and the drive train will still suffer - best go back to stock and live with it for a couple of weeks.

Best,
Chris
Chrissy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #2177
Tech Regular

I have to applaud Exotek for offering an answer to my belt tension concern so quicky. Although I believe this is why the car has a belt tensioner, I was not able to run the car last year as planned so the centre/long belt is like new. Despite the front bulkhead chassis holes being off a bit I will be quite happy if Mike's comments prove true.

Hi David,

Sorry if the chassis is giving you headaches right now. Let me see if I can help out.
I will point out that the center belt is designed to be initially tight on purpose. The reason- the center belt is tight when new but after it is broken in it actually becomes quite loose. So loose that it actually impacts handling. Note that the rear tranny is all gears while the front tranny runs through 2 belts. As the belts become strecthed (broken in) it creates an oversteer on power condition because the rear tranny has no lag (gears) while the front tranny has lots of lag (it takes longer for the stretched belts to drive the front tranny). This creates the rear oversteer on throttle condition.
So on the Exotek chassis we've tuned the belt break in into the design to eliminate the excessive stretch that will develop in short time. Your car looks brand new from the pics so no doubt the belts have not broken in yet.

If you can, please run the chassis for a month to experience what I'm describing. I have no problem extending warranty coverage to you if you still feel it's not doing what I've described. Just keep this email on file and I will take care of you.

Thanks for your support!

Mike Rydwell
DavidNERODease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #2178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airflow View Post
Hi, can I use ceramic grease or AE black grease as silicone-oil-substitute in my gear diffs?

If so, how much quantity do I put? Fully packed? Or just enough to coat the bevel gears?

Next question is will I have consistent diff action for a long time?

TIA
I think you are still better off using silicon (300k) so it wont change consistency when the temp changes. I think black/ceramic is meant for tiny applications where heat is not a factor.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #2179
Tech Apprentice

How about this? http://rsector.com/index_eproduct_vi...?products_id=8
Old 02-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #2180
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Sector View Post
if I wasn't keeping my car TCS legal, I would try this out.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #2181
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Sector View Post

It was my plan to get the TA06 as my next drift car along with the RS6 conversion. This thing is a beauty!

Ended up getting an MST since I wanted a shaft car.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #2182
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

does the r sector use the tamiya front stiffners, and does the battery stay nice and tight or does it move around
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #2183
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys
What kind of batteries are you guys using for the TA06, i bought a turnigy square hardcase lipo which requires the 4mm detachable connectors at the top.

But it doesn't fit. The battery fits in the compartment but i cant plug the wires in as the holes for the battery is blocked alittle by the chassis.

http://hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/sto...arehouse_.html

This is the battery i want to get but not sure if it fits properly without dremel
alex_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #2184
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_evo View Post
Hi guys
What kind of batteries are you guys using for the TA06, i bought a turnigy square hardcase lipo which requires the 4mm detachable connectors at the top.

But it doesn't fit. The battery fits in the compartment but i cant plug the wires in as the holes for the battery is blocked alittle by the chassis.

http://hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/sto...arehouse_.html

This is the battery i want to get but not sure if it fits properly without dremel

I'm using those batteries too and they fit perfectly without using a dremel or whatsoever.
It doesn't effect the chassis if you do use a dremel or file, i've done it myself for using some short lipo's.
As long as you don't over do of using a dremel.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #2185
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
I'm using those batteries too and they fit perfectly without using a dremel or whatsoever.
It doesn't effect the chassis if you do use a dremel or file, i've done it myself for using some short lipo's.
As long as you don't over do of using a dremel.
You using the exact ones ??? if they fit i will be getting them
Old 02-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #2186
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_evo View Post
You using the exact ones ??? if they fit i will be getting them
Mine are 6000Mah from turnigy but the size should be the same
Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #2187
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
Mine are 6000Mah from turnigy but the size should be the same
cos i have a 4200 turnigy shorty and it didnt fit (as mentioned) maybe the normal size ones are different lol
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #2188
Tech Fanatic

I'm also using a turnigy 4200 shorty in my TA06, i did use a file to modify the chassis a little bit and the chassis is just fine.
By using this type of battery you can save up to 100gr, it's worth the effort to use a file or dremel
You only need to remove about 1,5mm on each side of the chassis and the short lipo will fit.
But if you would be using the shorty then you need to replace the plastic battery plate with the optional cabon battery plate, then you are able to use battery tape to hold the battery in place.
And it's cheaper then buying another battery
Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #2189
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hi everyone, I have been looking at the TA06 Pro with interest. Does anyone know what the biggest spur you can fit is without hitting the rear upper arm?

Cheers
Wazza22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #2190
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velineon View Post
is the Ta06 better than the ta05 in drifting?
The TA-06 is apparently pretty popular in the drift scene in Japan.

For those looking at getting a new TA-06 and then spending the extra money on the exotek upgrade, I went through all that and I must admit you're better off spending the extra money on a TRF417. Unless you're a robot driver like Cookie the TRF is lighter and faster.

I recently bought a 417v5 and it's amazing, still going to run my 06 but only in VTA.
ript is offline   Reply With Quote