R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #1891
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 822
Default

Oh yeah, and I also finished 3rd in the "A" at our last race of the year as well. Not too shabby.
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #1892
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementsurfer86 View Post
I have a killer VTA setup for the 06: (Carpet)

3k in the rear
Spool up front
40wt all around
Kit white springs all around
silver rr swaybar
pink ft swaybar
2 degrees camber all around
1 degree toe out up front

The car is on rails with this setup and is a blast to drive, fast too.
what tire are u using and what insert?

thanks
__________________
Tamiya M05 Pro, Spec-R R1, F104 Pro V2 and AE FT SC10 4x4
Hobbywing V3, Just Stock and SCRT Pro Sanwa MT4
k4mp4q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #1893
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

I changed all the non-suspension screws to aluminum, I'm at 1352.8...
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #1894
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mp4q View Post
what tire are u using and what insert?

thanks
I'm using the "D" compound HPI VTA tire and included insert (Per our track's rules), nothing special.
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #1895
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 822
Default

I actually bumped up to a silver front bar after the second heat, seeing as how the grip came up, and the car was dialed, lots of fun to drive. (Definately have to keep up with the grip on carpet.)
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #1896
Tech Apprentice
 
MonkeyNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Poole, UK
Posts: 90
Default

How are people finding this car running against more expensive cars? Ran a TA05 for a few years well against 'better' cars before switching the Mini. Fancy having a go with the '06
__________________
Tamiya FF03 Pro ~ Tamiya M06 Pro ~ Tamiya M05L JCW Coupe
MonkeyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #1897
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts View Post
How are people finding this car running against more expensive cars? Ran a TA05 for a few years well against 'better' cars before switching the Mini. Fancy having a go with the '06
I think the TA05 is a bit more free as far as the drivetrain goes, other than that, the 06 handles great. The Exotek chassis brings it more to the "elite" status with TC6's etc.

I've been running mine in VTA since January, and have had some good success with it, I ran a few times in stock touring, and didn't do to bad, Top of the B, bottom of the A in stock. (the stock field is pretty stacked at our club.)
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #1898
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts View Post
How are people finding this car running against more expensive cars? Ran a TA05 for a few years well against 'better' cars before switching the Mini. Fancy having a go with the '06
define "expensive"

I cannot keep up with a Schumacher Mi3 or a TRF 417X. rest (tc5, TA05 tc6, etc.) i can keep up with/beat.

I have yet to race it in any main, I am way too busy right now, but I do pace wih other practicers...
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #1899
Tech Apprentice
 
MonkeyNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Poole, UK
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
define "expensive"

I cannot keep up with a Schumacher Mi3 or a TRF 417X. rest (tc5, TA05 tc6, etc.) i can keep up with/beat.

I have yet to race it in any main, I am way too busy right now, but I do pace wih other practicers...
I class expensive as the cars that cost twice the amount as the TA06, such as the Schumacher's and TRF cars. When I used to run my TA05 and TA05-IFS it used to compete against these cars, I was wondering how the TA06 would be against these.

By the sounds of it then, it's maybe not quite as good as what the TA05 was.. Still may get one to try though..
__________________
Tamiya FF03 Pro ~ Tamiya M06 Pro ~ Tamiya M05L JCW Coupe
MonkeyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #1900
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal, Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I have a TA06 pro for sale with my hop ups then what the kit comes with. I also have a 2.4 ghz radio, novak ballistic 17.5 motor, tamiya BMW gt body with custom paint.
__________________
Your Hate Fuels My Success!!
If your not scraping... Then your not low enough!!!

TQ Raceway, WCRC, Speed Tech
Shameless121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #1901
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts View Post
I class expensive as the cars that cost twice the amount as the TA06, such as the Schumacher's and TRF cars. When I used to run my TA05 and TA05-IFS it used to compete against these cars, I was wondering how the TA06 would be against these.

By the sounds of it then, it's maybe not quite as good as what the TA05 was.. Still may get one to try though..
The reason I asked what you meant by "expensive" is because a stock TA06 will not go toe to toe with a TRF to Mi3. Neither will a TA05. With the correct mods, it CAN keep up(taking the same skill level into account) but a TRF417x with the "extra traction" lower plate from speed passion, will easily set you back $650. For the TA06 to compete with that level, you will spend around the same price. Some classes wont allow TRFs or Mi3s for that reason... I drove a friends Mi3 and he drove my TA06 exotek and he was much faster than I was, and he passed the Mi3 I was driving. His lap times were fastest in the Mi3 but not by much. I am sure if he tinkered with mine a tad more, it would have been more competitive. btw, im talking about a second or so slower per lap.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #1902
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameless121 View Post
I have a TA06 pro for sale with my hop ups then what the kit comes with. I also have a 2.4 ghz radio, novak ballistic 17.5 motor, tamiya BMW gt body with custom paint.
why sell it?
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #1903
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal, Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
why sell it?

I have 2 of them I built one for him and I and I figured once he was out of the hospital we would race together but he never wanted to only wanted to watch me tweak and race. I guess cancer does that to you runs you down and makes you think of the little things. But Id rather put it towards another project for us.
__________________
Your Hate Fuels My Success!!
If your not scraping... Then your not low enough!!!

TQ Raceway, WCRC, Speed Tech
Shameless121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #1904
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

i am sorry. good luck with the sale and his health.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #1905
gom
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
The reason I asked what you meant by "expensive" is because a stock TA06 will not go toe to toe with a TRF to Mi3. Neither will a TA05. With the correct mods, it CAN keep up(taking the same skill level into account) but a TRF417x with the "extra traction" lower plate from speed passion, will easily set you back $650. For the TA06 to compete with that level, you will spend around the same price. Some classes wont allow TRFs or Mi3s for that reason... I drove a friends Mi3 and he drove my TA06 exotek and he was much faster than I was, and he passed the Mi3 I was driving. His lap times were fastest in the Mi3 but not by much. I am sure if he tinkered with mine a tad more, it would have been more competitive. btw, im talking about a second or so slower per lap.
a second slower is alot....

let say your friend had a couple days to tune the TA06 to his liking, do you think he'll be able to get the same lap time as his Mi3?
gom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0