R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2012, 04:13 AM   #1666
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementsurfer86 View Post
K4,

2s batteries fit perfect, as that is the size that this car was intended for. I would recommend a battery with banana plug ports instead of the wires built in, seems to be a bit too snug otherwise. What class are you thinking of running?
I'll be playing on stock, which will be 13.5r brushless motor, what will be the best oil shock and spring?

Will be using tamiya typr c tyre but not sure which insert...

Thanks
k4mp4q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #1667
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mp4q View Post
I'll be playing on stock, which will be 13.5r brushless motor, what will be the best oil shock and spring?

Will be using tamiya typr c tyre but not sure which insert...

Thanks
I've been using 40wt with the kit yellow springs at the moment, seems to work well, easy to drive. Someone may want to chime in with their setup, as my car was setup with 17.5 power.
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #1668
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samshirley00 View Post
I hope that some company makes a modded right hand side steering rack for sale, that would be nice!
yep, i was hoping to i could get one.
rafyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #1669
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 72
Default

I wonder if anyone has tried this part or know if it will work on the right-side for steering. Tamiya 54235
http: // banzaihobby.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_69_404&p roducts_id=8581
rafyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #1670
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 206
Default

hello
im thinking of buying one of these kits but not sure what kit to go with?
what are some of the issues with this chassis?
if i go with the cheap ver of this chassis will i be missing out on lots?(will i have more problems)
its only for club racing on carpet (silvercan and maybe 17.5 binky)
is their any parts you need right away?
thanks for any info
hotrod306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #1671
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod306 View Post
hello
im thinking of buying one of these kits but not sure what kit to go with?
what are some of the issues with this chassis?
if i go with the cheap ver of this chassis will i be missing out on lots?(will i have more problems)
its only for club racing on carpet (silvercan and maybe 17.5 binky)
is their any parts you need right away?
thanks for any info
The Pro is by far the most economical, as the TRF shocks and universals included make up the difference in price right there. Other than the nice turnbuckles and the shocks, they are more or less the same. I would recommend the carbon reinforced parts if you are running carpet. Makes a huge difference.
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #1672
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

I have done quite a bit of research and testing andI am selling my Eagle Racing TA06 conversion and the IFS bits. It is very responsive and I recently drove the Exotek conversion and that fits my driving style much more. Anyone interested in a VERY slightly used chassis with only one scratch? It was used only 3 times for about 15 min each. Asking $80 shipped for both-the chassis and the IFS parts(only within the 48 states) I am waiting on my exotek to arrive to ship this out.. the conversion is on back order and retails for $90 byitself. $15 for the IFS parts PLUS shipping from Japan. (I got mine for $120 shipped.)

If you have a reasonable counter offer, please pm me.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #1673
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 616
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

I have a nice roller for sale. Includes servo & 17.5.

Tamya TA06 Pro w/ aluminum extras , Orion servo , LRP motor
MC112b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #1674
Tech Adept
 
samshirley00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wiltshire, England
Posts: 158
Default

when its working (because i didn't build it 100% perfect) this is a very good car, there are 2 in my club and i own one. there was an all day event, and mine came 2nd in the senior first heat, and the other came 2nd (or 3rd) in the highest senior heat

__________________
M chassis racer extraordinaire!
samshirley00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #1675
Tech Master
 
Johnn27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,343
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Questions?? Exotek Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
I have done quite a bit of research and testing andI am selling my Eagle Racing TA06 conversion and the IFS bits. It is very responsive and I recently drove the Exotek conversion and that fits my driving style much more. Anyone interested in a VERY slightly used chassis with only one scratch? It was used only 3 times for about 15 min each. Asking $80 shipped for both-the chassis and the IFS parts(only within the 48 states) I am waiting on my exotek to arrive to ship this out.. the conversion is on back order and retails for $90 byitself. $15 for the IFS parts PLUS shipping from Japan. (I got mine for $120 shipped.)

If you have a reasonable counter offer, please pm me.

Did you drive an exotek with the ifs or regular tower. I am building a ta06 and
I am kind of not sure to use a front tower or the ifs front end?
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #1676
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,514
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Raced my Exotek TA06 for the first time today... definitely drives better then stock chassis and motor runs cooler... running along side another TA06, we both had the same motor and both geared identically with same tires... our setup was slightly different, but I could defiantly carry more corner speed...
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #1677
Tech Apprentice
 
Phils4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seatac Wa
Posts: 55
Default Exotek TA06

I have been racing my Exotek TA06 IFS style and I runs great in the 17.5 stock touring class at Hanger 30 in Seattle on carpet. Lots of pull out of the corners with the front spool.
__________________
-Phil Gibson-
Scale Spec / Stock TC / F-1 / M06R
GibsonRCRacing / Hanger 30 / RCSpeedshop.net
Phils4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #1678
Tech Master
 
Johnn27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,343
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Questions?? spool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils4runner View Post
I have been racing my Exotek TA06 IFS style and I runs great in the 17.5 stock touring class at Hanger 30 in Seattle on carpet. Lots of pull out of the corners with the front spool.
And that leads to my next question which is my next concern, I want to use a front spool up front but confused, not sure if I should use the stock gear diff in the rear or a ball diff?
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #1679
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn27 View Post
And that leads to my next question which is my next concern, I want to use a front spool up front but confused, not sure if I should use the stock gear diff in the rear or a ball diff?
Gear diff works great, the issue I still have is keeping fluid in it. It still seems to seep out of the o-rings. I'd like to try the ball diff to see how that feels, but the gear diff works pretty dang good. Maybe someone can chime in on the ball diff.
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #1680
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Richmond BC Canada
Posts: 219
Default

Yeah gear diff with a light diff oil is great but does leak
Although after initial leaking it just stops and has been perfectly fine for at least a dozen race days if not more
__________________
Overgeared Racing
GH Racing
TommyAfrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0