Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

does anyone know the thicknesses of the optional rollbars for the ta06?

Thanks
Old 01-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

i wpuld have thought they were about 1mm
Old 01-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@ DA Cookie Monster...

Good to hear you're having success with the '06 - not too many floating around the UK from what i've seen which is a shame. From what you've said it sounds like the rear gear drive is working, is this not negated by the three belt design? Is the transmission pretty free?

I keep looking at the '06 as a side project, but never get around to it lol. How long before the carbon version is due do you think?

Can all parts (inc tranny case) by brought in carbon now?

Last random question...can anyone tell me what pitch the rear diff and gears are? Parts BA29, BA30 and BA32.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by Chrissy C; 01-11-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samshirley00
i wpuld have thought they were about 1mm
theyre 3 different sizes. I will measure when I get home.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chrissy C
@ DA Cookie Monster...

Good to hear you're having success with the '06 - not too many floating around the UK from what i've seen which is a shame. From what you've said it sounds like the rear gear drive is working, is this not negated by the three belt design? Is the transmission pretty free?

I keep looking at the '06 as a side project, but never get around to it lol. How long before the carbon version is due do you think?

Last random question...can anyone tell me what pitch the rear diff and gears are? Parts BA29, BA30 and BA32.

Thanks
Chris
most. and it can also be bought in aluminum.

tamiya makes the tranny case, arms, sus mounts all in CRP. the bodyposts and bumper support are still only made in the jelly plastic.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
theyre 3 different sizes. I will measure when I get home.
That would be most helpful.

Many thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chrissy C
@ DA Cookie Monster...

Thanks
Chris
I haven't found the car lacking in top speed or acceleration, if anything, the acceleration is awesome with the way the rear transmission is set up. (two belt and gearbox).

As for the carbon parts, I have looked at the Tamiya chassis and the Carbon fibre offerings, but right at the moment, I can't find fault in what I have, so why play with it.

I am running no anti-roll bars either, I haven't found that the car has required them.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Adept

Some pics of my Eagle Racing TA-06, next month, i'll get ALL the other eagle racing hop-ups
When i finished building it, i realised the belt tension was a lot higher than before, people at my club say this is a bad thing, but i am unsure.....

Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 AM
Tech Rookie

I am having a problem. My rear right wheel wont move, but all the others do. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

there can be multiple factors, from a small stone blocking it from moving, you could have over-tightened the screws on it, or even assembled it wrong.

Try disassembling it, and see if there is anything out of the ordinary.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DriftingFast
I am having a problem. My rear right wheel wont move, but all the others do. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Take apart and look, chances are, the pin through the driveshaft has worked loose.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Race update. TQ and 2nd at the club race last night, car was working awesome! (My buddy, also running a 06, won the main.)
Old 01-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Race update. TQ and 2nd at the club race last night, car was working awesome! (My buddy, also running a 06, won the main.)
Thats great your car is hooked up
What class are you in and where are you racing
There where some Washington state racers at our race up here in Canada recently the Moreheads , Franko,Peter Robinson and a few more
I'd like to come by one of these days and check out the fellow tub chassis racers
Tommy
Old 01-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

a little update on the exotek build.
1. I needed to make the holes for the blue steering bearing holder in the chassis a little bigger. Wrapped sand paper around a pen and shaved enough to be able to press them in snug.

2. My gens ace 5000 hard pack is a little too long for the battery brace that keeps the batt from moving back. I needed to shave some material off the case to clear it. My Orion 70c 5000 fit perfectly.

Looking good though. Just need to put the esc back in. My setup will be with the servo on the right hand side. The chassis accepts that w/o any modifications.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TommyAfrica
Thats great your car is hooked up
What class are you in and where are you racing
There where some Washington state racers at our race up here in Canada recently the Moreheads , Franko,Peter Robinson and a few more
I'd like to come by one of these days and check out the fellow tub chassis racers
Tommy
Yeah that would be the crew at the Hangar! You should definately make it down for a Saturday race sometime!!!

We were running VTA on Wed. night, but we are probably both stepping up to 17.5 after the next race. (Going to Cali for TCS and TQ Raceway for the Friday night race on the 20th.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.