Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's left for ROAR to conquer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default What's left for ROAR to conquer?

So ROAR has addressed 3 sore subjects of the last few years (brushless, lipo, and "pros" in stock). Whats left for them to do? Global Warming? The US Economy?

Things I see on the horizon:

- Once lipo takes off and nimh is all but forgotten look at the weight rules for cars.
- Looks like the lightweight body ban was tabled for now
- New battery technology for 4 cell applications

What else you got? It seems this committee hasn't been afraid to take on tough issues and make changes. We might as well get everything on the table while this good group of people is still around. Get them to start thinking about things...

Sorry ROAR committe members, I guess your job is never "done"
Old 01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
So ROAR has addressed 3 sore subjects of the last few years (brushless, lipo, and "pros" in stock). Whats left for them to do? Global Warming? The US Economy?

- Once lipo takes off and nimh is all but forgotten look at the weight rules for cars.

What else you got? It seems this committee hasn't been afraid to take on tough issues and make changes. We might as well get everything on the table while this good group of people is still around. Get them to start thinking about things...

My main concern is getting commercial and club tracks as well as outlaw race organizers to embrace ROAR rules across the board.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This should of been taken into account when they approved lipos, we shouldnt have to wait for the dim and far off horizon

I wont complain, the inevitable has happened, and I, for one cant be any happier.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There are quite a few items that need to be addressed, and more to come, I am sure.

The lightweight body rule was not as much has been tabled, as taken another route. This had been championed by Dale Epp for over a year. You will see more about this over the next couple of months....

I am sure we will see some adjustments to classes over the next rule year. We are jsut opeing the book on Lipo/Bl and I am sure we will need to turn some pages to get where we need to be.

Furthering the rules about Stock nats winner, will surely be around the corner, as well as working on some kind of ladder or bump up system as well as looking at National Rankings.

Also put on the table was putting a price limit on Lipo packs. this dicussion was not mature enough for the last EXCOMM meeting, but I am sure we will here more of it soon...

I am not speaking for the EXCOM, but just elaborating on some of the discussion that is being held within the scope of our committee.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The independant races (I dont like the word outlaw) can become roar affilated races if they want to. There are fewer reasons not to do this than ever now. Especially if they can be counted as high level sactioned events and they can be used to gain IFMAR Worlds eligibility.

ROAR could also bring them in and form a national points series to crown a US CUP Champion.

Novak Race
Snow Birds
Carpet Nats
Reedy Race
On Road Nats
IIC
Cleveland

Did I miss any biggies?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Also put on the table was putting a price limit on Lipo packs. this dicussion was not mature enough for the last EXCOMM meeting, but I am sure we will here more of it soon...
I personally feel that this will be the next big issue to be discussed. As of now, packs can be had as cheap as $75-80 (Orion 3200 & Trinity 4500) and as much as $135+ (Core 5000 & Orion 4800) so to have some sort of consistancy would be nice as a consumer.

Also, in responce to Rick's comment, I'm not sure I agree that the bigger races (Snowbirds, IIC, ect.) need to be ROAR sanctioned. This would require entrents from out of the Nation like Hara, Moore, Juho, and so on to purchess a membership for only a few races. Granted, I am sure that their sponsors would take care of this small expence. But to me, it just seems to mbe a little unessisary.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The independant races (I dont like the word outlaw) can become roar affilated races if they want to. There are fewer reasons not to do this than ever now. Especially if they can be counted as high level sactioned events and they can be used to gain IFMAR Worlds eligibility.

ROAR could also bring them in and form a national points series to crown a US CUP Champion.

Novak Race
Snow Birds
Carpet Nats
Reedy Race
On Road Nats
IIC
Cleveland

Did I miss any biggies?
I don't really care if they are sanctioned at this point, just that they embrace ROAR motor and battery rules (and chassis rules in some instances). The largest, most prestigous carpet race of the year allows illegal 19T motors to race.

I just hate to see a good set of BL motor rules ignored by organizers that will allow ANY 13.5, 10.5, or 17.5 run simply because the wind is correct.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
I personally feel that this will be the next big issue to be discussed. As of now, packs can be had as cheap as $75-80 (Orion 3200 & Trinity 4500) and as much as $135+ (Core 5000 & Orion 4800) so to have some sort of consistancy would be nice as a consumer.

Also, in responce to Rick's comment, I'm not sure I agree that the bigger races (Snowbirds, IIC, ect.) need to be ROAR sanctioned. This would require entrents from out of the Nation like Hara, Moore, Juho, and so on to purchess a membership for only a few races. Granted, I am sure that their sponsors would take care of this small expence. But to me, it just seems to mbe a little unessisary.
Please see my post above. It would be awesome if every race was ROAR sanctioned and the same rules were used across the board at any track or race you may come across.

But just using ROAR rules would be a big step in the right direction.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Please see my post above. It would be awesome if every race was ROAR sanctioned and the same rules were used across the board at any track or race you may come across.

But just using ROAR rules would be a big step in the right direction.
Ah, good point... I guess I read it wrong...
Old 01-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

The largest, most prestigous carpet race of the year allows illegal 19T motors to race.
Snowbirds?
Old 01-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't really care if they are sanctioned at this point, just that they embrace ROAR motor and battery rules (and chassis rules in some instances). The largest, most prestigous carpet race of the year allows illegal 19T motors to race.

I just hate to see a good set of BL motor rules ignored by organizers that will allow ANY 13.5, 10.5, or 17.5 run simply because the wind is correct.

Thats not really fair since 19T rules and their application even by ROAR has been a giant mess. ROAR has run illegal 19T motors in their own nats...lol!

I agree though...the rules must be inforced.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Snowbirds?
No. And I should have said "one of the most largest, most prestigious..."

Thats not really fair since 19T rules and their application even by ROAR has been a giant mess. ROAR has run illegal 19T motors in their own nats...lol!

I agree though...the rules must be inforced.
That is true. But an example of what can happen with the BL rules. I hope they are enforced.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
Also, in responce to Rick's comment, I'm not sure I agree that the bigger races (Snowbirds, IIC, ect.) need to be ROAR sanctioned. This would require entrents from out of the Nation like Hara, Moore, Juho, and so on to purchess a membership for only a few races.
A page could be taken from the US postal service for postage (at least how I understood it years ago), we honor their club affiliation/ROAR equivalent and they honor ours for cross borders racing.

Or any IFMAR associated affiliation "counts as" the host countries club that is affiliated with IFMAR. Somewhat of a "super license" for auto racing.

Mike Slaughter
Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Discussions left for ROAR

If the race classes get weight reductions due to LiPO, won't that speed up the class? Keeping the weight would reduce the cost in buying Lightweight Hop-up parts. Lossing the weight would lose the extra lead used to make weight and possible reduce parts breakage.

I think ROAR needs to conqure the 5-Cell issue. Do some research on the idea and predict the impact and answer why the Europeans went to 5-Cell.

Lightweight bodies: well just put a minimum sheet thickness needed before forming the body and pretty much do away with lightweight bodys. 1:12 .030", 1:10 Sedan .030" ect ect.
Overall it will reduce the cost to hobbyist if body makers only had to supply one thickness of body for each race class. Then hobby shops would only have to carry that one size reducing dead stock inventory which the savings could be passed on as less markup to the racers.

26650 and 18650 batteries. Allow these cells to be subistuted inplace of the LiPO "Bricks" The can prodives the same protection that Sub-C's have. It will also pave the way to cheaper packs and cheaper cars in the future.

Limited entries per racer. Limit racers to either or in racing. Example, they may run either stock truck or super stock truck but not both. This would not exclude them from running buggy or 4WD in different class. If there is room and preference given to the order of event entry a racer may enter a second vehcial in the classes above or below to fill out the qualifcation field. Example, there were 18 initial entires for stock truck. Up 10 racers per heat/main would leave 2 available entries for drivers in the Super Stock and Modified Truck to fill in.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Novak Race
Snow Birds
Carpet Nats
Reedy Race
On Road Nats
IIC
Cleveland
now that is what i wanna see. that would be amazing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.